Alpha and its uses

What a load of nonsense about Alphas being limited to 5 million SP. They are not. The 5M limit is simply to the amount that can be trained. Anyone with an ounce of sense gets the new account 1M bonus and does not cash in until the 5M have been trained. Every three played days the account gets a small SP login bonus. Then there are the AIR SP bonuses…

All this before any consideration of paying for Alpha injectors!

You can get an Alpha trained to Alpha maxima for battlecruisers at around 6.5 to 7M SP. Anything thereafter is bonus. I have one Alpha on 12M+ SP.

2 Likes

Sorry i never made that clear your right, you can train up to 5 mill then its skill point gifts from ccp or skill injectors

actually i never said limited to 5mill, their training is capped after that its like you said

1 Like

I did use the term limited, and the terminology is clear, you are limited to 5m SP from direct training, it is a limit that much is clear, I thought that was easy to understand. Still it is good to clarify it. The issue more than anything else is how limited your Alpha character is in terms of ships, modules and skills that enable you to compete.

4 Likes

You put the little corp logo on the shield too nice

1 Like

Looks like you have an admirer?

3 Likes

:kissing_closed_eyes:

So 3 people so far, fancy making one to join us?

So was thinking of making a corp, the mains of the alts can apply.

We can then join an alliance if one exist or drop a pos and join as allies in war time.

spies will get a bit bored as we will only use them as needed, maybe they might know about pos location

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, on a previous break I did log in my alpha account and mucked around with the three alts I have trained (with more than 5m SP by the way), but I find them just too gimped.

1 Like

I thought you were playing Bannerbear?

I’m all in favour of you going for those smaller groups that recklessly over-harvest an area.

I wasn’t aware we had any structures tomorrow. You might want to check what group is actually wardeced against whatever is being bashed tomorrow. Or is this a slip up in intel that you intend to attack ?

Just train brutix blaster and artillery hurricane. That will be useful.

Please just subscribe if you’re going to multibox.

Unless you meant you had 10 alpha friends. That’s OK. But i notice you said characters not players.

I said characters because i meant an omega should make an alt but i do mean 10 individual players

3 Likes

Sorry that was hypothetical if i had ten players ready to go now.

1 Like

Some people try to flout system and what you said had some abmigioutity so I thought i’db ring that up.

So yeah, those two BCs are great for alphas. Or if you’re only logging in for 10 times until April and was like “eh… not really worth subscribing until then” and then get called for a fight you either need to PLEX up or find a good alpha fit. A bunch of Hurricanes can just take chunks out of a fleet at a time, and a Butrix has great DPS if you have a good (hopefully Omega) guy in the fleet who is good with combat probes. Any of the BCs or a Tactical Destoryer with combat probes followed by a wing warp of Burtixes can wreck what it lands on unless the enemy is all afterburner assault frigates. i would not advise putting alphas into Augors

1 Like

Destiny gets a little off-kilter whenever someone challenges their determination that only “troo PvPers” (you know, the ones hiding safely in high sec, bravely taking on targets that won’t fight back) can take effective action in HS space. Projection seems to be the usual response.

No idea why DC would take umbrage with starting small (which is the rational method), and instead rant about you not immediately taking on massive, combat-ready PvP alliances right out the gate. Talk about “ridiculously out of touch”…

Have you chosen any sort of build or ship to run defense with? Could skip working up the Destroyer/Cruiser/BC ship skills chain entirely if you planned on using Gnosis, for example. Then concentrate those points on whatever weapon/defense systems were going to be employed.

As for whether or not small defense groups taking on smallish attack groups is still viable, apparently so:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/tvdo3b/hisec_structure_defense/

3 Likes

We have a long running forum feud, thats all.

Well was going to go straight to Bc a ferox with blaster fit and long range fit but that all so brings the Gnosis into play.

Like you said then work back making things more effective as you go, already close to 400 dps on the gnosis with rails.

Thxs for the link, one of the reasons i did this post because we do get asked to help defend structures but i also believe the owner should help too, hoping this is a way of getting some to take part and like the guys you linked we ended up taking some structures down, owned by gankers with a shell corp.

1 Like

Your plans make no sense. That’s honest feedback, unlike what you’re getting by being patronized by a handful of forum boomers who don’t play the game, haven’t played the game in a very long time, and when they did play the game, having had absolutely no involvement in the associated play styles you wish to explore.

These people are supporting you not because you’re doing something that would provide enjoyment and benefit to you or other players, but because they don’t like me. You could literally announce the construction of a new Semitic crematorium, and they will still send you likes and make posts in support of you, because getting a tiny little heel nibble against me on the forums is more important to these single-issue voters than helping you actually achieve anything, or in fact anything else, ever. You’re being surrounded by impotent yes-men, but the fleeting ego boost won’t make up for when things don’t go so well for you, and these people will be nowhere to be found.

Tell you what: when you find one of these golden egg-laying geese that are the “small war dec groups blocking people who own structures from playing the game,” please let me know, because I’d like to get a hand-shake and an autograph, and maybe even make a campaign contribution to their efforts.

3 Likes

Wow. Sheesh Destiny, when you crack open a can of crazy, you don’t hold back do you? Bonus points for dedication I guess.

Still, I haven’t heard a good “Everything’s about me!” rant in ages, so do continue.

(Not sure if getting kicked out of Riot rustled your jimmies or whatever - maybe you should tone down the Holocaust references, though.)

For the main practice of citadel bashing, it appears that unless you can out-blob 20+ Leshaks with logi support, or a stack of Ravens, you’re out of luck and the citadel’s toast. Hence why in the other thread we pointed out it would be a niche activity at best, needing some luck to catch a small group off-guard.

That said, small groups do occasionally attack, and can be defended against. Personally I’d think the opportunities would be rare enough that it’s unlikely a small defense group could assemble and get on-site in time, but you never know until you try.

That’s what they call “emergent gameplay” and “adapting”.

The odd thing is how you’re freaking out over someone trying to get a little small-group PvP in defense of HS assets rolling. Somebody block you from a bash, or what?

3 Likes

6000 alpha shot with torpedoes…yet I’ve not seen Ravens in anyone’s doctrines.

A long time ago we did a Drive by pos take down with Ravens and Drakes, so many missiles in flight,

2 Likes

So perfectly said, though I think Destiny is aiming his angst at me, so let me be clear, Astral Battle at one point did do this for selected people, but some of our members did not like it that many of the people involved could not defend themselves even a little, it was also hard getting enough people for the timers. I failed to get enough people interested in about five such events before deciding that it was not worth pushing within my group, I did not in the end bother allying in on those wars, so there was no record of it. So it is just me saying this. If people want to believe me or not it is up to them, but it is one of the reasons I got fed up with Eve. Because to me this was always decent content.

Githany might be better off looking for such a small war deccer to gather information on and target, and see how that develops. In truth it is not easy, but if you can get a decent bite then it is fun content.

And when we tried doing this there were quite a few small groups doing structure take downs even without cores to entice them to do it. As for the situation now I have no idea as I am not subbed, but I would think that there is the odd small group doing this in out of the way areas.