Alpha and its uses

While I agree with DC and don’t think much will come from it. As at least one other said, it does sound like a fun challenge. :smiley:

Please keep us up to date. How many are in on this with you so far would be the next question.

Hello forum😀
@Githany_Red I’m not at home for the next ten days but when I return I’ll have this Alpha, my only character, join your operations, if that’s ok with you.
I have decided to play uniquely as an Alpha Clone and I think that what you propose will be a lot of fun.

~Fifie enlists

1 Like

I play as ten alpha characters.

2 Likes

I can understand. You are the head of a high-profile organization while I’m just a regular player. I don’t have much invested and am only playing for the fun of it. One character is sufficient for my level of involvement.

Fifie Capsuleer

You may find yourself up against a Nightmare with a targeting range of 115km and a falloff range of 176km. May the Lord have mercy on your soul.

1 Like

Which is it alpha or omega status?

Reason for asking is that there are lots that can be done with an Omega while playing just one character. My first guess would be a Omega Pilot who is on call who shows up to raid, ie fleet up to a already fitted ship and to do as it is asked!

Care to open up a little to share some of your New Eden involvements? Fifie?

Hello forum😀

It’s Alpha for now until I max out the skills and learn enough to be confident flying a battlecruiser and know what I’m doing. I can barely handle a destroyer for now. Then if later I feel like going to fight in a T3 ship I won’t have a choice but getting some Omega time. Since I’m not sure which T3 ship I would want to learn and why then I don’t think about it much yet.

I would hope so. If EVE is only to be played with several characters then I would quickly lose interest.

That could also be done as an Alpha. Maybe less dramatically but fun just the same.

There’s not much to say so far. Right now I’m a little capsuleer in a big star cluster trying to understand the ins and outs of the game and since CCP doesn’t give information on a silver platter, I imagine it will be a long while before all tests and tries give their fruits for results I can trust.

Fifie inconsequential

3 Likes

This is what’s missing from the game and why numbers are down.

I still remember the chill that ran down my spine the 1st time I heard “Goons are coming.” (And not for horses, lol)

For those of you who remember moments like that, o7. For those of you missed out, it was kinda a once-in-a-lifetime thing for this game that none of you will ever get to experience and that’s the biggest shame.

Edit; EVE used to be an adrenaline rush… Meh

3 Likes

Moments like that are still happening. There are still the adrenaline rushes. Not as often as I’d like…but they occur.

Now they just want to chill in hs.

Wiki should change its description!
Eve Online - Wikipedia
I think CCP is happy with current numbers. It keeps the lights on and they don’t have to do any hard work. :smirk:
The Oldest MMORPGs You Can Still Play Today, Ranked By Age (msn.com)
I’m glad CCP is doing so well that they don’t need the 500k subs they used to have.

1 Like

Well, T2 guns now fitted going to try out a fleet this weekend, would have been nice to be ready now with the war in minmatar high sec against parabellum, i might see if anyone will let us join the fight, you never know

1 Like

Did you choose a side yet? Which non-consensual PvP tyrants’ interests will you be fighting to protect?

1 Like

Would you like to speculate

Anyone interested in the parabellum war, found this link, with some cool vids

2 Likes

Hello forum :smiley:

I’d go with the most handsome one but that’s just me.

Fifie young & restless

2 Likes

God emperors locks of hair are pretty dashing :blush:

3 Likes

Just an update on my alpha, got a little side tracked with the killing spree to get the skill points as I’m getting close to 5mil sp now so i need what ever sp i can get after normal training stops.

As I’m relying on only the skillpoints the game gives me, no injectors, thought id do the same with isk, got to 40mil at one point but after some losses in the abyss it droped to 20.

I needed away to keep isk coming in to buy skills and buy ships to do events.

So i started making Dragoons, with the mining i was doing for sp i had ore, i traded some ore for the hard to get minerals, so without my isk dropping i had a supply of Abyssal ships for t1 electrical. As i was making more than i needed i started to sell them, not the most efficient but they sold and my isk went up.

Now with all the skills in place and trained i gave my alpha his fitted Ferox with T2 rails .

The only thing left i would like, would be T2 blasters just for the option of a close range dps ship.

Next plan to work out the best way to join in a war with our small band.

As the free sp come in i will use these to improve gunnery and shields, slow i know but i also have the option of skill injectors later or special offers from ccp from their store.

The air training has been of use too for skillpoints and isk, i was thinking i could use the other two characters in this account to run the air training and calm the rewards on the 1st character, just an option

2 Likes

1 Like

Thanks for keeping us updated on the skill training for your alpha alt. This is very exciting and we look forward to learning more about your skill queue.

Here’s how a war assist looks like when I do it:

Hope your having fun doing it. I’ll let you know how our 1st assist goes.

2 Likes