Alpha clone suicide ganking need to stop!

I would say “creep” is more fitting for people who stalk the forum of a game they completely hate and disagree with the fundamental concept.

6 Likes

How about us trying to help you fit into the game ?

But we like our game :anguished: Please like our game !

And now you’re calling us names. Why would you even want to do that ? You do not behave in a nice way. You are cruel person. I feels hurtsed now.

There’s just people out there who can’t take no for an answer and throw tantrums whenever they can.

4 Likes

‘YOU’ are NOT ‘everyone’…

The majority outside of the bittervet bubble would appretiate my changes…

Proof : other(more succesful) games…

Not a valid argument in your eyes because this ‘is eve and not other games’?

Well that’s wrong and not MY problem…

Because it was done to me previously…and worser names than ‘creep’…

I’m just letting you taste some of your own medicine…

Correct

4 Likes

Should every game be a copy of or mimic other games? Eve Online is unique in its harsh nature. The player interactions we have are what give the game difficulty. Developers don’t give us narratives to play amidst as we the players are given opportunity to create them.

The game you desire Eve Online to be already exists so I’m not sure why you wish this game to be something that the developers didn’t create it to be… nor do they agree with the way you think. I think CCP has realized the error of their ways and soon we will be seeing changes that

7 Likes

Then we have no problem. You understand that EVE is a PvP game and play appropriately, you don’t whine and cry on the forums and demand the removal of anything that could possibly be a challenge.

Transport and trade are PvP elements, and combat PvP has always been a part of them. What most of the anti-PvP players want is safer and easier combat PvE, where they don’t have to compete against other players at all and can mindlessly farm their menial PvE content until they get bored and move on.

6 Likes

It is not intended for anyone to be able to do anything in EVE undisturbed by PvP.

EDIT: I’ve read your responses in this thread. You are player #4348534534 to whine about this stuff. Nothing has changed in over 15 years. Nothing will change in the foreseeable future.

EVE is not the game for you. Good bye.

2 Likes

I never said what EVE should be. I said what it is.

I absolutely have the right to tell someone that EVE is not the game for them.

4 Likes

Not all of EVE is PvP. Combat PvE does exist, and primarily the focus of people demanding PvP nerfs. And when it isn’t the goal is to turn the non-combat PvP elements into PvE farming. For example, instead of miners competing for resources, including the use of war/suicide ganking/etc to win control of those resources, they want unlimited ore and no way to interfere with other miners so they can sit AFK all day and make their wallet numbers go up.

As an example, look at how many highsec miners whine endlessly about triglavian NPCs making it impossible to AFK mine and demand the removal of anything that would interfere with easy-mode farming. That isn’t a PvP and competition mindset, it’s risk aversion and participation trophies.

Nope, they want balance.

“Give me space with no PvP” is not balance. It’s lazy farmers who can’t succeed otherwise demanding an easier game so they can get their participation trophies.

You don’t, you want easy PvP with no effort.

Please stop repeating this lie. There is no reason that highsec perma-victims are required to be easy targets, that is a choice they make. I would be perfectly happy with a version of EVE where they took responsibility for their own safety, stopped being easy targets, and PvP aggressors had to work hard for their kills (and often die trying). But we don’t need mechanics changes to make that happen, all of the tools to do so already exist.

6 Likes

We absolutely have that right. If someone joins a FPS server and demands that everyone stop shooting each other so they can peacefully wander around the map and admire the scenery the only response to it is “STFU and GTFO”. That person has joined a game that is clearly not what they are looking for and their continued presence is helping nobody. Same thing with anti-PvP players in EVE. That is not how EVE works, it never will be how EVE works, and the only sane response is to go play a different game that offers them the things they want to have.

8 Likes

I read the title as need to stop then guess you meant afk ice miners.

If it had of had needs to stop then it could mean what the thread was about.

1 Like

Nope.

I actually do have the right to express my opinion. Sucks to be you.

1 Like

Sure I do. And none of your THATS JUST YOUR OPINION MAN complaining changes the fact that the advice to leave the game and play one better suited to their needs is the best advice they can get. Staying in a game you hate just to prove that nobody can force you to leave is utter lunacy.

I disagree. EVE has room for all types.

You disagree, but you are wrong. A competitive player-driven economy and PvP sandbox can not coexist with no-PvP space and effortless AFK farming. Anything more than a token few of those players would be a death sentence to the things that make EVE interesting as the entire economy collapses under the flood of excess production and everyone makes the self-interested choice to turn off PvP.

8 Likes

No, I’m having a go at people for insisting that CCP change the fundamental concept of how EVE works because they want a mindless AFK farming game instead of a PvP sandbox. And playing a different game is in fact the best advice for those people.

I never said it should.

Then what exactly do you mean by “EVE has room for all types” in reply to my comment that EVE will not and should not have no-PvP space or allow players to opt out of PvP? Apparently there is some definition of “all types” that actually means “not all types, just these specific types that I have in mind”?

4 Likes

Please do not forget that this advice can be extended to the other side as well.

2 Likes

And, again, I am not objecting to the people who enjoy EVE’s PvE activities being here, although I question why someone would play such a terrible PvE game if they aren’t doing any of the PvP stuff that comes with it. What I object to is the risk-averse farmers whose only concept of improving PvE is “make it easier” and “make the numbers in my wallet go up faster”.

3 Likes

Once again, since you didn’t listen the first time: “get out” is aimed at the people who want to turn EVE into a mindless AFK farming game, not at the people who enjoy playing the existing PvE activities in a PvP sandbox.

2 Likes

All of EvE is exposed to combat PvP, does that help your understanding ?
But hang on a minute there. Something isn’t quite right.
It is somewhat odd that people who started out flying with mercenaries, and then had a long stint with SMA suddenly find themselves shooting eve radio frigates in Jita and start advocating weird changes to hisec and to alphas in particular.
What’s your comment on such a credibility issue ?

1 Like