Alpha clone suicide ganking - plague of EVE

Your problem is right there! Crappy fit. Brick Tank that sucker and they would have needed 7 gankers… Ride with a properly fit Orca, and they’ll need a LOT more Catalysts to gank you. Some of them do have that amount of Alts though… As always in EVE, don’t fly what you can’t afford to loose!

Also keep in mind that you’re just speculating about the Alpha status, they can easily have Omega accounts. Each account has three character slots, want to gank for an hour or two, they just switch to a minimum skilled Alt and turn on skill training during the period they want to gank. And if they’re long time players, at €8,50/Omega/month, having 5 accounts isn’t that big of a deal for people who earn a decent wage…

I’m not into ganking people in EVE, but I see how that can be done effectively with Omega accounts and little extra cost. Keep in mind that this might just be your competition or even your supplier of Hulks decreasing supply (minerals) and/or increasing demand (Hulks)… :wink:

First - not MY problem. It’s everyone’s problem.
If you brick tank it - mining yeld become a joke.
And 7 or even 10 cats still 3-4 time cheaper than exhumer.

Ganker will answer this thread that his account all omega, so this question is solved.
But it not cancel the fact that many people create alpha accounts just for gank.

Even if you omega - consiquences should hit you as well (while alpha shoud be completely banned from hi-sec PvP)
Non-cumulative 15 min crime status for killing other players is too soft to even calling it a punishement.
My tea cooling longer than this timer.

Alpha clones stole my dog. Give quiche a chance and stuff.

3 Likes

This thread still hasn’t been merged?

Where is ISD Trainwreck when you need him to deal with trainwreck threads?

These forums? Or like, the forums going way back to 2011?

Anyway, the cake is a lie.

2 Likes

Avoiding a suicide gank is fairly easy. Don’t afk, and ALWAYS know who’s in your system.

1 Like

We was locking a stupid thread earlier.

The man is a PRO, he only intervenes in serious stupidity.

Edit: not discussing moderation, just a compliment.

The cake is a lie? Noooooooooo

And make friends with the gankers in your system.

It’s called risk vs reward. More tank = less risk and less reward. More yield means you pay more attention and have greater reward. Game is working as intended.

4 Likes

And how this formula applies to gankers?
What risks they take? 12 mil ship and 15 min timer?

VEEEERY RISKY :boom: :boom: :boom: :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Guaranteed ship loss and sec status penalty that eventually makes them a target all the time unless they work or pay it off.

Also, it boils down to math. Profit of killing your ship vs their loss. The more you tilt the odds in their favor the more likely they will gank you.

So in the end, the hulk pilot tilted the odds in the ganker’s favor, wasn’t paying attention, etc. If the miner chose a ship with higher tank, less value, etc then the risk to the ganker is 100% loss of their ships and sec status loss vs a best scenario roll of the dice getting not much from the kill. (AKA VERY RISKY), and they wouldn’t try it.

The miner has complete control of the situation - complete control over the risk/reward of the ganker and the ganker has no control over the factors at play other than making a calculation vs what they see. The game is heavily aligned in favor of the miner already and doesn’t need to go more in that direction.

3 Likes

Have you heard the song?

2 Likes

114 posts for a troll threads while other more interesting threads get closed.
I see where ISD priorities are.

1 Like

Every now and then, they just want to have a laugh too.

There should be elections for ISD team like there are for CSM, shuffle up the clowns for a while.

When I mine, the same as you.

Preach Brother!

Made my first real ISK selling modules (and later ships) to miners and the gankers that hunt them.

Was new to Eve when I was ganked the first (and only) time. Talked to the guy that blew me up and he told me how the mechanics work.
I realized right away how good a market that could be. One action creates a customer on both sides.

3 Likes

This is more about greed in the ice belt than anything. I presume the gankers mine that ice belt all day every day, and the poor hulk just wanted to play the game and mine ice that he thought was for everyone.

And that’s where he was wrong. Probably mined without a permit too. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiling_imp:

3 Likes