Alpha Suicide ganking

Hi,

I would like to give a suggestion on how to limit ganking so that it comes at a cost for players wanting to par take in it.
Currently “everyone” are mostly using catalysts to for gank fleets such as Code / Safety using mostly alpha account with 1 mill free sp on em. Instead of making changes to that system which is a good idea to have i suggest that we remove the feature of turning off Safety in highsec for alpha accounts.
Alpha accounts can still use it in lowsec/null/WH but in highsec u cant steal or gank people, this way new players wont accidently turn it off and get concorded and if you go omega that restriction is removed.
You can easyli make a gank char with no cost ingame or reallife and wreak havoc to industri corps.
I think that atleast making it so that you have to sub will most likely make ganks more rare and only for bigger targets making it worth it.

3 Likes

If I understand you correctly, you want to make it impossible for Alpha accounts to initiate a fight against other players, while still allowing them to defend themselves.

If that’s what you’re suggesting, I see one issue: many Omega players employ Alpha alts in fleets, whether mining or engaging in PvP combat. Consequently, your suggestion would cripple those accounts. While I’m not a fan of multiboxing (I personally consider it cheating), I don’t think multiboxers should be crippled in that way.

What if my Alpha friend wants to participate in ganking gameplay?

2 Likes

Have you noticed how most of those fleet are multiboxed catalysts? And how those fleets of catalysts are therefore fleets of omega characters?

Your idea will not stop them.

The only thing it will do is stop new alpha players from participating in one of the easily accessible newbie-friendly activities in high sec.

2 Likes

Holy crap am I so tired of this thread.

First off, only casual/part time gankers use alphas. Serious gankers use omegas because it allows them to train their skills higher, multibox, and to use more advanced equipment (such as T2 Large Hybrid Blasters).

Second, there is already plenty of costs for people who participate in ganking. Maybe you might want to look into that before making suggestions based on your misconceptions.

Third, ganking doesn’t need to be nerfed, because it is already balanced in favor of prey. The truth is, is that people die to ganks because they make mistakes, and then get punished for those mistakes. This is how it should be.

Fourth, if you want to learn how to reduce your chances of being ganked to damn near zero, check out the “how not to be ganker bait” section of the nerf ganking mega-thread. If you have any questions after that, feel free to ask.
No P2W

8 Likes

Hey.

I dont wanna stop all ganking i want to stop ganking with no effort.
And Code/safety isnt using multibox cause i have a char in the alliance to learn and get intel from it.
And the “cost” please break it down for me cause so far using their tactics has only netted me on the plus side.

So removing the function to gank with noobie accounts removes them from playing them game … ???
That has to be a very weak arguement for removing the funtion of removing the safety button ?

Then he should sub like the people hes ganking has todo.
And if he really wants to join you then pay for it like the rest of us.
Same argument can be said about the skills … why cant he fly a supercapital if he wants to as alpha???

Ok last time i checked u dont need to go into dangermode to mine rocks… As bruce lee once said rocks dont hit back.
And as i said wardecs dont require you to turn of safety nor does mining and if u wanna gank someone in lowsec u can turn it off there.
i just want to prevent alpha accounts to be used for ganking … you can still mine and pvp in wardecs just fine.

Only to the crap ones. Which I’m perfectly fine with.

hahahahaha…so you advise us to do ALL those things to avoid being ganked by an alpha account that has spent zero time and zero effort to gank me…they are literally given the sp needed so it takes like 20 mins in total to make a char and whole alliances are teaming to do this. You’re whole mega link is a misconception.

He isnt talking about removing ganking completely, only the alpha accounts.

Err no. The vast majority are not.

And the ones that are, are some of the few people using alphas correctly.

Not noobie accounts.

You say that as if it would be some kind of problem?

1 Like

How many ganker whine threads does this make now? I’ve lost count…

5 Likes

Don’t make yourself a valuable target. It’s that simple…

So, there is this guy offering a product/service to help industrial to avoid being ganked Ganker Standing List | Wanted Alpha Testers | CaG

While I have serious doubt if he can delivery what he is advertising, I think he was spot on in the premisse that people being ganked lack the intelligence used in nullsec.

1 Like

Then they should be banned if so. If you login on an alpha, you can’t be playing on any other account under the rules of the game.

Interesting. Then either some people I know are playing against the rules, or I’ve misunderstood how it is they’re “multiboxing.” I thought multiboxing was logging into an Omega player and then using a separate monitor to have another character playing on that second screen. I’ve been under the impression those alts were most often Alphas.

According to what you shared, apparently some of my friends are paying for five or six Omega characters. That seems… excessive.

You can’t do it simply with a second screen and alpha. Once you login an Omega, the client won’t launch an alpha. Similarly, once you login an Alpha, the client won’t launch any other instance.

So you need either more than 1 computer, or more than one instance of the game installed on a single computer (eg. by spinning up a one or more virtual machines on your system. Each VM can then have it’s own installation of the game).

I’ve done that, however “pay” is relative, if you have that many alts you should have isk/plex to pay for some of them if not all.

That seems rather complicated, and I like multiboxing even less than I did before, but we’re getting off-topic. As for the suggestion made by the OP, I don’t believe Alphas should lose their ability to initiate combat in any sec. If they want to gank, let 'em, then blow them up with a T3 destroyer or something.