Alternatives to EVE Desert Online?

Hi @Trader_Hansen

Take it from someone who started EVE in 2003, re-bought the game in 2004, played until 2007…was gone most of 2008…came back 2009-2013…left again…came back 2015 for one year…left again came back 14 days ago…

for me personally, the MMO that has come the closest to forfill my Eve-addict has prolly been
a mix of playing STO-online, ELITE - dangeros, and regrettably wasting 60 Eur. on starcitizen.
(ive also played WOW-GW2-D3-BDO-STO-SWOTOR.)
Truth is, non of them ever come close…

the answer is quite simple, Eve is the Only game that has a blance of P2w and still allow for
non p2w play style. It wanders on a diabolical sword egde, but one its managed to walk since
the beginning.

This creates Actual value for every single item u create, earn, loose or risk loosing. In other words, the game lets you experince and actual value to what your doing or loosing.

In depth and scope, nothing comes close to Eve.

and finding a sub’ for its incredible complexity is difficult…
if not impossible.

2 Likes

It was not wasted, it went right into Chris Robs’ pocket. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ve never played it (and so I really shouldn’t talk about it), but … PlayerUnknown’s Battleground looks promising. Graphically and story-wise does it seem basic, but when it there manages to attract a huge number of players then it must be pretty good fun.

Also while I played ElderScrolls Online did I give their PvP a try and was rather fascinated by how well some teams organise their warfare and how these manage to dominate through discipline and teamwork. It ended up being the best part of the game for me. And I really only ever liked ElderScrolls for being a single-player game series, to then find their PvP to be better than the whole PvE experience.

pubg is just battle royale the new industry fad to take over from mobas

coming next month:

speaking of which, the most recent release has caused framerates to skyrocket, and we’re expecting to have the first full solar system by the end of the year, per the roadmap: Star Citizen Roadmap - RSI

Yeah, cause Star Citizen has always been good at following maps.

they’ve actually been getting better at keeping to quarterly release schedules. not saying they’re always on time, but as months go by, their releases get closer to their initial target dates.

in addition, as one of the major core technologies that dramatically increase performance has just been implemented, you can expect other core aspects to be progressing slightly faster as the days go by. I mean, we can play SC with FPS spiking to upwards of 100 rather often.

next up on the chopping block is a full planet with several different biomes (polluted ocean, savanna, industrial city and a few others) and in-game ship rental and purchases.

Well, their initial target date was like 2 years ago. Id say theyre getting very close.

Well, thats some progress i guess. Now you can see the FPS peak to 100 from 15 every once in a while. I guess that 100 mill was well spent.

Didnt they promise these a while ago?

they promised, but now it actually has a relatively narrow timeframe for the release date. it’s expected to hit the closed testing group within the next 2 weeks and fully public (after wider waves of testing) within a month after that.

to compare from my memory, past major releases were in development for many months and were in closed testing for a month or longer, then wider test waves were conducted over the course of a couple of weeks at the very least for each wave. the jump from the current live build 3.2.2 to the new 3.3 was a couple of months in development after 3.2.2 was finalized and made public, then the closed testing group was hammering on it for just a few weeks. now 3.3 is available in the PTU client for all backers.

tl;dr Star Citizen’s development pace is rapidly increasing.

1 Like

Why, why did you have to mention barley…the sweet, sweet grain of beer is dying due to global warming and I’m depressed as beer is gonna be the new new champagne.

Looks interesting, but I won’t be a first-buyer. Neither a second-buyer. Will wait a few weeks/months until players figure out what are the bugs, how bad they are, and some fixes come through, so I can judge whether it’s worth giving Egosoft a second chance. X Stillborn left a deep, nasty scar in my affection for the X series…

1 Like

They actually have now the tools to do that, to populate the world. Creating those tools and engine was a long process tho.

They still need to work on details anyway, too much stuff is reminding everyone its just an alpha, things like stupid movements are throwing you out of the immersion, game flow is interrupted…

1 Like

relevant:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.