Alternatives to EVE?

How is Space Engieneers? I’ve seen a lot more people on Discord playing this game. With CCP turning its back on players while we are at a ‘Stay at home’ order, I am looking at other games. I’ve played GTA5 a lot more this week, logging into Eve only to prep for my shutdown of refineries and high-sec corp. Any other game suggestions is appreciated.

2 Likes

Candy Crush was fun, until King Games sold out to microtransactions. Animal Crossing just came out for the Nintendo Switch.

Try here: https://forums.eveonline.com/c/communications/out-of-pod

1 Like

lols yeah. I stick to PC games, aight i’ll give this Space Engineers a try.

1 Like

A college degree in something useful, like accounting or Java programming. It’ll involve roughly the same amount of math and spreadsheets, can also be done online, has a higher payback value, and is roughly as entertaining. Plus you might be forced to occasionally leave the house and possibly show up at a party or even get a girlfriend out of it!

3 Likes

Sometimes, maybe.

14 Likes

How so?

…I see…well…about your stuff…

1 Like

Awww boo hoo your leaving.

Good riddance to another botter, CCP rocks!!

Typical cry baby, before you go you want to take others with you. Please do take your botter friends with you.

1 Like

I got motion sickness just watching the lets play :joy:

Try solitaire.

1 Like

Stop playing, get a real life :), that is the only way to get rid of this :red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle:.

This is so true. I can’t make the exact same amount of money doing the same exact thing any more, which leads me to only one logical conclusion -CCP has turned their back on the players. Also, vaccines cause autism, I eat my steaks with ketchup, and I think Godfather 3 was the best Godfather. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m late for a social mixer for senior citizens and spring breakers.

4 Likes

We get a new model for the Avatar; that should count for something.

1 Like

Xeux

16m

We get a new model for the Avatar; that should count for something.

I haven’t looked yet. Is the Avatar more or less ‘manly’ than it was before?

Shipwreck Jones

34m

This is so true. I can’t make the exact same amount of money doing the same exact thing any more, which leads me to only one logical conclusion -CCP has turned their back on the players. Also, vaccines cause autism, I eat my steaks with ketchup, and I think Godfather 3 was the best Godfather. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m late for a social mixer for senior citizens and spring breakers.

I don’t mind a sauce of some kind with a steak. And actually, I’d bet that autism can help cause more vaccines. Truly, you get a person that focuses that much into a medical research discipline and you can see some amazing results!

As for CCP turning their backs on players (and inB4 lock), CCP does try to give a minimal appearance of listening, hence the CSM. But the head decision makers are going to take the game in a direction that benefits themselves over taking it in a direction of expanding the world of EVE for the players, if the two goals are not completely aligned, it seems.

This probably means that those players that don’t go will need to open their wallets more. Pearl Abyss and their game, Black Desert Online, heavily favor microtransactions. A world of scarcity is needed for this to work however, hence the broker fees, mineral nerfs and so forth.

Fortunately for CCP, they now have more reach into Asian markets where this type of game is more of a cultural norm. So CCP will probably be fine going in this direction. But EVE will not be the same game that brought many of us in over the last 17 years.

Eh, I know that the interests of the players and the interests of the devs don’t always perfectly align, but I don’t see how this is supposed to be a move designed to increase profitability. I mean, people keep asserting that nerfing incomes will incentivize more people to buy plex, and that this is the true reason why CCP has been doing what they have been doing. But I don’t think that adds up. For example, many players are letting omega miners lapse into alpha status (which means less revenue through fewer subs, plex, and MPTC sales), and many miners will simply switch careers/change emphasis to other revenue streams (which means little pressure to buy plex).

Plus, they’ve given us some pretty good reasons for why they’ve been doing what they’ve been doing. Now, I might have done some things differently, but it’s not like their story is glaring BS either. So, it seems like this is really coming down to the benefit of the doubt. And, unfortunately, it seems like CCP has caused a lot of trust issues in their player base.

3 Likes

This is another problem that CCP seems to be starting to address. Communication. Just hearing from the Dev’s, even if it’s bad news is better than no news. When they start flying in game again, then they get a :smiley:

Edit; I’m older in game and real life now. But I will NEVER forget the fun for a noob when a Dev showed up in game. The pileup was hilarious.

3 Likes

Reality has the best video quality.

If you are real hard core gamer, try learning this…

It’s all we had back then, count your blessings.

When a Tandy 1000 was cutting edge. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Most kids these days are soft. That’s why the avg player age in this game is over 40.

2 Likes