Amarr frigate faction war

is there like a wiki about the specific fits to use for missions? I don’t feel like joining large organisations like E-Uni for now, maybe I will just find a local small corp and stay there until I want to try other activities. oh btw where is the 24th imperial crusade’s main station? I might apply.

I strongly, strongly, strongly, strongly, strongly advise you to join a well established and highly resourceful “academic” corp that requires nothing of its members and imposes no restrictions but gives them numerous assets and educational opportunities as well as opportunities to fleet up. EVE Uni isn’t the only one but it’s one of the best and also probably the only good one that is politically neutral/unaffiliated with other groups.

It does not sound like you are ready for PVP, so I advise against enlisting (though if you do enlist, you can enlist at ANY station owned by ANY corp within the Amarr faction).

As for good mission fits, I’m not crazy about the ones published out there. USIA publishes a few blitz fits on our website, but they assume high skill levels and competent piloting, so we’d have to make fitting accommodations for your lower skill levels and piloting ability. If you join the USIA Discord server we can give you advice on running missions and on acquiring appropriate fits for those missions. If you want you can even test those fits on Singularity for free so you are confident they will work well without potentially wasting any real ISK on Tranquility (we’ll teach you how to do that also).

Just go work for Archer. He will train you.

Eve University used to be great, but it is much smaller than it used to be - some people even say bad stuff about them now.

well then, USIA it is. how do I apply?

While we are always accepting applications and don’t have a waiting period or anything like that, there are times when we downplay recruitment (like now) due to chronic work shortages. (I think this war has been bad for us.) Buuuuuuuut then again, USIA isn’t actually a corp/alliance/coalition, it’s just a service provider. Anyone can join any corp and still work for us and be part of our community (ie. receive training, pick up jobs, etc).

So yes, @Random_Rick, you are welcome to work for USIA, but this is not mutually exclusive with you joining EVE Uni (highly highly highly recommended) or any other corp. Another well established (though politically affiliated) group would be BRAVE Newbies - they’re part of Legacy coalition (though they do have a war immune hisec corp if you don’t want to get involved in World War Bee II). I’d pick - or at least start off with - EVE Uni first, though. Reference links in the preceding posts for how to apply to EVE Uni and join the USIA Discord server.

well if you say so, I will apply to EVE uni instead. actually I don’t really care now, as both USIA and EVE uni are pretty good source of knowledge.

wow I just applied to E-uni, they make the whole thing look really serious. that was intense.

The application process can be lengthy but it’s worth it, I assure you. In the meantime join the USIA Discord and you can learn form us straight away.

Unrelated question but there’s a “regular” tag next to your name, is that like an activity indicator?

If you’ve acquired the ‘Regular’ badge on the forums (due to, you guessed it, being a forum regular in terms of posts and likes given/received), you can use it as a “Title”. Myself and at least one other regular have discovered this in the past few minutes and have assigned the title to ourselves. The forums are bugging out hardcore at the moment so we both received this badge and… well… now we get to show it off :wink:

These are features, not bugs.

Hey, @Random_Rick , check your contracts and your wallet. Go have fun and and they are free for you so you don’t worry about losing those.

Go get blown up and see if you can blow someone else up.

1 Like

Thanks soooo much! I will find a time to pick them up and use them to my best abilities. o7

If you need to control engagement range, then you definitely need a webifier, and you probably want a warp scrambler (not warp disruptor) to shut-off their MWD.

These are essential for short-range in-their-face brawling.

If you want to be long-range, or ‘kitey’, then you have to be faster than whatever you are attacking, and will need a warp disruptor (not a warp scrambler).

The same modules above can help when ships get too close to you, to give you a moment of breathing room to move further away. However a warp disruptor is required for longer range, so fitting a warp scrambler in addition isn’t always possible.

You should also learn the ‘sling-shot’ maneuver.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=eve+online+sling+shot

1 Like

ohhh thanks a lot, this is very helpful.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.