An old article about ideas UO and Crowfall developer in PVP

Is that because you are a wonderful human being, yourself? Ye of impure heart, can make no demands of purity on those that are better than yourself. Sorry, that’s not how it works.

1 Like

Given all the ideas on the forums, some of them good, I get an impression of CCP. It’s just one guy that reads the forums, and for 2 minutes a week he sums up the players thoughts to his superiors. 2 minutes might be generous though. Nah it couldn’t take 2 minutes. 2 sentences.

And then on the other hand, they gave us that skilling spree poll and then they acted on it. That makes me wonder. Maybe they’ll balance the new skilling spree bonus with something truly awful, just to keep us on our toes.

No my dear. EVE is a PvP sandbox at it’s core. EVERYTHING even the few repetitive and boring PvE elements are designed around players competing with each other at all times in various forms (not just direct ship combat).

4 Likes

Source?

1 Like

You live in a fantasy world, which is okay.

I live in the real world. In the real world I understand that …

irrational, unfounded, non-sensical and generalised attacks against a tiny group of people, a minority, who does nothing wrong and actually plays exactly as intended …

… is HateSpeech.

They make no difference between the individuals of the group. They lump them all into the same bucket. Feel free to live in your fantasy world, where you probably believe you’re a good person.

I don’t believe I’m a good person. I also don’t believe I’m a bad person either. In reality I don’t give a single flying ■■■■ about that at all, because such thoughts only matters to assholes who usually believe to be good, while they’re actually really, really bad.

Feel free to spend seconds about a philosophical topic I’ve spent years with, and don’t forget to make sure to show me how much more you know about this than I do.

I love you. :slight_smile:
*hugs*

3 Likes

Player Activty - CCP Quant

It’s funny how when you quote someone else and edit their words to imply you’re smart and they’re dumb:

that is apparently the “cogent and reasoned argument of a superior logician”. But when I point out that your reading comprehension could use work when you clearly and obviously either did not read, did not understand, or read and understood but ignored anyway in order to make a straw-man attack, that is a personal insult?

A bit thin-skinned for a “HTFU and PvP or GTFO” type, don’t you think?

I guess there’s a type of person who only engages when the other person is unlikely to shoot back. I guess a lot of those people come to EVE to PvP, and hang out in high sec where it’s safe for them to do so while they pretend they’re badass PvPers.

When I disapprove of any PvP, that is the style I disapprove of. I don’t even say it’s invalid or that it shouldn’t be in EVE. Just that it is an unsustainable type of PvP to base much of a game on. EVE needs more and better designed PvP, not constant cries for weak easy targets in safe space.

Your own killboard shows that you personally only occasionally indulge in shooting fish in a barrel in high sec, and that you are more than capable at PvP in actually risky regions. So it’s odd that you get so sensitive about calls for better and more interesting PvP, and less abusive and game-cannibalizing PvP.

Perhaps you need to look at the bigger picture?

1 Like

Stop smoking that, it kills brain cells.

4 Likes

Keep telling yourself that, like the 1000s who have come before.

In 6 months you will quit for some other Merry Go Round and we will still be here PvPing.

Fish from the River Fodder.

6 Likes

Ok so I guess EVE is a warp market game. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Excuse me, but the fact that there are over four million gate jumps DAILY …
… DAILY …
… means that it’s a travelling game.

I win this thread.
You’re all dismissed.

:blush:

7 Likes

You’re wrong.

2 Likes

The easy way to prove that point is a hunt :rofl:

Surely you mean “sitting in forums talking big about PvP but never actually doing it”, since that’s what your actual PvP record is.

It’s kinda sad when you ask for verification of data, and when the data doesn’t show what you want, you try to deflect it with irrelevancy. The fact that PvP is a minority activity in EVE, the fact it takes an inordinate amount of boring warp travel to get most things done, and the fact that there is 4x as much PvE going on as conflict is simply an indicator of bad design.

And when somebody comes along and says “EVE really needs to be designed better to provide more PvP” your response is “if you hate PvP so much go away!”. Really? That’s some superior logician work right there I guess.

Then clearly, there is no shortage of PvP in high sec, and everyone doing anything at all in high already is PvPing. So all your complaints about the safety and ‘carebears’ of high sec become rather meaningless.

2 Likes

I’m just following your argument to it’s conclusion. EVE is not a PvP game because only 13% of players PvPed. It is a travel and trade simulator since almost everyone is warping, docking, and using the market.

EDIT: I have to admit I don’t read your entire posts, just quick skimming. You sound like a very indignant person and reading the soapboxing hurts my eyes.

2 Likes

“Your arguments are too much for me and so I have to pretend they aren’t there, rather than deal with the reality of necessary change to EVE.”

(FTFY)

1 Like

Your arguments are easy enough to deal with, but having to wade through paragraphs of diarrhea (like your above post) to get to them is not worth the time usually. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m not the one who creates countless new threads demanding changes to the core of the game. My complaint is exactly that carebears demand nonsensical changes because they don’t understand what kind of game they are playing.

2 Likes

A travel and trade simulator.

1 Like

I need agree as a simulator, lately more NPC in high sec than players =P

1 Like

More like they dont know or deliberately ignore the main point/reason against asking for safer gameplay (less asset destruction) in any way or form - that is bad for the game economy and game as a whole.

2 Likes