[announcement] YC 120 New Eden Capsuleer's Writing Contest

I think to avoid a conflict of interest, an individual (as opposed to an entity) sponsor should not also enter, and vice versa.

1 Like

Hello and thanks for this contest.
As a man of science I can only thanks you and ARC for your consideration of science of an important topic!
That said I would have liked to know if it will be possible to submit multiple entries?
I’m going to publish one of my scientific essay but I indulge myself in other types of writing. Can i make multiple entries?
If yes, can I win multiple prizes?

1 Like

Yes to both, but experience has shown multiple entries can sometimes result in judge “fatigue” with an entrant so I suggest no more than 2 per category!

1 Like

I concur…

So, without having yet made up my mind on whether I would post an entry or not, but for the sake of argument lets say I did…and I still wanted to contribute as sponsor still, thus I would waive of any right to any possible reward…what would be the response to that?

1 Like

Here is my first prose fiction submission for this years contest!

I hope everyone enjoys and I look forward to reading everyone’s submissions as well!

Also keep an eye out next month, I plan to submit two prose stories this year.

[YC120 New Eden Capsuleer’s Writing Contest] Abandoned

3 Likes

My entry for the prose category:

3 Likes

My entry in the category of poetry.

3 Likes

We have had people submit entries on a “review” but no prize basis before.

1 Like

If you do end up both sponsoring the contest and submitting an entry, I would like to invite you on a candlelight dinner as a little compensation for both your generosity and your effort.

4 Likes

Hmmm, I’m enticed to sponsor now :wink:

2 Likes

You are always welcome to come over for dinner.

2 Likes

:slight_smile: I’ll take you up on that.

2 Likes

I’m submitting this entry to the prose category.

3 Likes

Well careful, the actual winners might get jealous over devalued prize awards…I hear jealousy is a thing amongst capsuleers if one cared enough :wink:

2 Likes

I am sure we can find a solution.

1 Like

Here we go with the Academic/News category entry:

3 Likes

Oh, so sorry to bump you, sir/madam. Please, if I may, I’d like to get you another of what you were drinking.

3 Likes

Submitted under the scientific/academic category: [YC120 Writing Contest] New Eden system general research proposal with special emphasis on the EVE Gate

2 Likes

I submitted my entry under the scientific/academic category too
((OOC: thanks you for the contest :slight_smile: it was fun writing it))

2 Likes

Two weeks to deadline!

1 Like