Another CSM and another candidate banned by CCP

Posting with CSM next to your name, making assumptions over the word confederacy, and including offensive historical reference regarding numerous southern states in the US, encouraging a hate fest towards America… good call. Not like you’re going to alienate players THAT way, huh?

1 Like

Hardly encouraging a hate fest towards the USA.

The confederacy was a rebellion against the USA, when it tried to outlaw slavery, after all. (Yes, I know it was more complex than that. But it was a major factor)

And as for making an assumption about the name, yes, I did make an assumption. But I think it was a fair one, considering the context of being an alternate.

Whether or not your assumption was correct regarding the origin of the word Confederacy, as used in this context, it was still unwise and offensive to drag such historical political and social topics into the conversation, imo. Aside from using US history to flame the OP, I don’t see what purpose was served at the cost of offending who knows how many players from the southern US.

Here I just wanted to share some etymological trivia. :pensive:

Well at least Dorrim has something to watch with his popcorn now.

Naming yourself after a treasonous rebellion, which was strongly influenced by slaving. Good call.

The bottom line is simply that you made comment based on the assumed connection to the US Civil war, denigrating white US Southerners in order to denigrate the OP by association. Your point was clearly that this “confederacy” is offensive, due to the assumed origin of the word itself and its assumed association with slavery in the Southern US, while failing to take into account how your own assumption about the origin of the word confederacy in this context, and use of our history of slavery might be equally offensive to countless white US Southerners, considering that only 5-7% of the population of this country at the time owned slaves yet it is brought up seemingly at every turn in the US today to support accusations of racism against white people by those who wish to be perpetually viewed as “victims” of racism whether or not racism is even happening. I’m not going to go back and forth all day over the matter. Your comment was simply laced with hypocrisy by being just as offensive as what you claimed to find offensive, yourself. Few, if any countries where this game is played lack some dark ugliness in their histories, and I simply think it unwise to call attention to any countries raw nerves, open wounds, however you care to label it, as a means to undermine someone else’s attempt to address shortcomings in an online games political structure while having a tag next to your name which should ensure real world political neutrality, at least within such a forum.

1 Like

I guess you made a larger point than you intended.

The oddly amusing part of all of this is…

Amarrians are largely known in this game for slavery, and the Minmatar know for being freed slaves.

3 Likes

Or you know any confederacy,

But I also chose this name for the real player council as an affront to CCP’s non legitimate CSM. Meetings will coincide with CSM’s and so will minutes published ect, ect.

I think you will find that the Eve confederate council maintains the moral high ground in all matters.

By the way alpha’s can vote in the confederacy but not in the CSM. The CSM have you lot on the end of the dog whip.

“Treasonous rebellion” LOL. Not allowed to hate on any other group. But southerners - especially white male southers? Open season 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

Our education system has become a fine propaganda ministry. There was no “treasonous rebellion.” Everyone has the right of self-determination - in fact the country was founded on it (I guess the forefathers who fought against the king of England were “treasonous rebels”?). The Confederacy was being mistreated and exploited by the north, it was no longer in their interests to stay, and so they left. Period. Full stop. The northern industrialists didn’t want to lose the tax base, so they forced them back in at gunpoint, resulting in nearly a million casualties.

People who hate southerners and the Confederacy love to be selective about how they label things. Syrian rebels? Freedom fighters. South Vietnamese? Freedom fighters. I could list a hundred more examples. But southerners, and the Confederacy? “Treasonous rebels.”

“Strongly influenced by slaving?” It was an inherited institution. The whole world was “strongly influenced” by it.

Get off your moral high horse.

My God, the ignorant, misinformed drivel… it’s just breathtaking. SLAVERY WAS PERFECTLY LEGAL when the south seceded.

2 Likes

Holy virtue signal, Batman!

Salty popcorn is my favourite flavour.

1 Like

This has already been discussed with the relevant parties, and the decision is final.

Thread closed.

1 Like