Another day spent playing games other than Eve because CCP refuses to enforce its own policies

Love CCP and their refusal to enforce the idea that you should be at your keyboard in order to impact the game.

Hypocrites.

When will you deal with AFK cloaky camping and actually enforce your own rules?

1 Like

What rule is that?

From CCP’s Known & Declared Exploits:

Common Misconceptions about Exploits

This passage contains common tactics and other player conduct that is often mistakenly reported as exploits but are in fact not:

AFK Cloaking: A player is present in a system for a long time, usually cloaked, doing nothing at all most of the time.

4 Likes

CCP requires all other players to be at their keyboards and active in playing the game… EXCEPT for the 23x7 cloaky camper.

Hypocrites.

2 Likes

And the only difference between botters and cloaky campers is that CCP does the botting for them.

2 Likes

No they don’t. You can idle in a station or cloaked as long as you need/want to.

Dude. It is just a name in local chat. There is no botting going on and the camper isn’t gaining anything while he is away from the keyboard, other than perhaps some satisfaction in generating threads like this when he returns.

I’d say you should take this to the official AFK Cloaky thread, but I am not sure you a trying to be constructive, rather you are just venting.

5 Likes

I’m just pointing out the hypocrisy of allowing this one form of AFK imact on the game, while banning others for doing the same.

1 Like

Let’s ban AFK miners and AFK ratters too, then…

3 Likes

Cloaky campers aren’t impacing the game. They’re not gathering any resources, nor are they interacting with the game world in any other way.
If you’re so weak that you can’t even cope with a name in local, perhaps you should move out of nullsec. It’s a dedicated PvP zone of a PvP-centric sandbox, not your personal RMT farming heaven.

1 Like

Wow. That’s one of the dumbest things I’ve ever read on these forums.

1 Like

Guess you’ve never read your own posts then. Or been here for longer than an hour at most.

2 Likes

I guess you’re completely unfamiliar with all of the other ways CCP has banned activity that occurs when the player is AFK

1 Like

Because those are used for RMT. Being cloaked and just hanging out gains you nothing and doesn’t hurt anyone. Well, except for you apparently…

Really? You must live exclusively in hisec, because you have no clue what nullsec is like.

2 Likes

CCP says space should not be 100% safe. Well, for the AFK cloaky camper, space is presently 100% safe.

hypocrites

2 Likes

I guess you’re completely unfamiliar with the fact that CCP doesn’t give a ■■■■ about AFK cloaking. They haven’t for the past 11 years and your whining about how you can’t farm your RMT money in perfect safety isn’t going to change that.

Every time someone of your ilk complains about it on stage at Fanfest, CCP always states that they’re not going to do ■■■■ without also changing local. Are you prepared to give up your perfect intel tool just to have that name removed?

Dullsec is 100 times safer than high sec. Don’t let that name in local cripple you with fear of the unknown…lol.

3 Likes

Doesn’t mean I can’t point out the blatant hypocrisy.

1 Like

It isn’t the unknown. It’s the fact that likely behind that one name is a huge isk loss, and that they are in space and COMPLETELY SAFE until they choose to act.

1 Like

You’re the hypocrite here for calling people that aren’t doing anything “botters”. You’re the botter yourself and that’s why you’re here whining. Because your bot can’t run 24/7 in perfect safety. Pathetic.

1 Like

IT’s not my fault that you lack the intellectual capacity to get an analogy.

1 Like