Another loss for Edencom in The Forge

This Player-baiting thing, it is different to what was before if you did not seen yet.
Its not like your choice to go to low sec or null to fight. Trigs and Kybers come to you in high sec if you want or not. You dont have a choice. You can flee or fight. People usually flee, some even from the game.

Drifter invasions 2.0. But now in high sec and with players joining NPCs to ruin your day.

I am not surprised that some people dont want to take part in that.

7 Likes

I don’t get it. If CCP hates Caldari so much, why don’t they have one of the other empires invade it and put it out of its misery? I mean, it’s their game and they obviously can do anything they want as evidenced by this con-job invasion.
But it’s not only about the Caldari sucking bowls, is it? It’s also about the Devs mental breakdown over the players having too much ISK and assets…
What the actual F- is that ? So, according to CCP, a player isn’t supposed to save ISK in order to buy ships and modules to play the game? Isn’t a player supposed to save his assets in order to have the modules they need when they need them?
Is EVE a game or merely an elaborate con job to make players pay real-life money to keep up with the Devs whims and cons? No wonder players are leaving this ship…

And as far as the forum troglodytes strokers go, I don’t pay much attention to those who get a hard-on out of others miseries. Sadists don’t deserve attention, even in a game.

7 Likes

Yes… NO choice in a Sanbox game :rofl:
For reminder, to CCP: A sandbox is a style of game in which minimal character limitations are placed on the gamer, allowing the gamer to roam and change a virtual world at will. A sandbox game usually occurs in a “world” to which the gamer has full access from start to finish. Sandbox games can include structured elements – such as mini-games, tasks, submissions and storylines – that may be ignored by gamers.
A sandbox game is also known as an open-world or free-roaming game.

What you’re describing, although correctly as far as Trig invasion is concerned, is NOT Sandbox, Open-world.

No need of an invasion for any player to ruin your day. There are ( or were? ) enough mechanics for PvP in EVE.
I suspect that those who join the Trigs do it out of spite for hisec players. I guess they don’t want to share the game with those who have a different playstyle… SO childish :roll_eyes: I can hear it from here: " Mommy! Timmy took my toy fort ! "

3 Likes

Player have to buy PLEX from CCP, to finance activities in high sec. Then it is supposed to be bought by Null players who give ISK and consume PLEX to multibox many alt acounts.

3 Likes

It have elements of it, but we all know its all staged by CCP, who have their own motives.

6 Likes

Who can seriously call that ‘an invasion’ with a straight face?
That’s not an ‘invasion’, it’s a massacre. It’s the U.S military vs the Iraqi military :sweat_smile: Only there’s no CNN in EVE to surrender to.

5 Likes

Actually, the game in high sec has became more of a closing-world, than open-world. :thinking:

8 Likes

So nullsec players want hisec players’ PLEX but also want hisec players to become lowsec players or gtfo the game… Doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

Not really, nullsec players are ok with more accounts, paid for with PLEX. Then they know they cant be backstabbed by his teammate.

1 Like

Right, but he’ll be backstabbed by CCP, to go back to the topic of Trig ‘invasion’.

1 Like

It is strange isn’t it? I witnessed it many times on this forum. Some null blocs either despise hi-sec, want to evict them or invite to null.

Why they invite to null for what? To have less space and resources? :thinking: To recruit them for F1? To kill their ships? :thinking:

Now I pay visits to null and bomb them :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

That’s my plan. It’s where I want to be in a few months. The day I’m able to blow up and pod someone in nullsec will be the day I’m satisfied.
I also want to blow up Trigs but if the rewards aren’t kick-A then I won’t bother.

1 Like

Come have fun :smiley: start today!

5 Likes

Plenty of carebear nullkrabs needing waxed, hop to it.

Seriously if you can fly a Covops Exploration Frig you are 90% of the way there.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, that looks and sounds like a lot of fun! Let me finish training a few skills so I can hold my own longer than someone can say “Bob’s your uncle” and I’ll contact you in-game.
I do hope you’re in a region close by the Amarr empire, or I’ll have to pay for a jump-clone but whatever, I’ll fly with you o7

1 Like

That’s exactly what I’m training toward. A covert ops cruiser with good T3 modules, ‘hell-fire’ energy turrets, good tank and decent speed for Amarr ships.
I’m learning everything I can learn on PvPing in EVE because I don’t plan to stay in hisec. To me, hisec is only a starting area where you can train to eventually move to null or lowsec.

1 Like

This is not entire truth.

The way high sec was made was more to provide different gameplay for more casual player that cant or dont want to get into PvP as seen in low sec or high sec.

For you it may be so, but for many other players it was primary gameplay area.

4 Likes

And lets not forget it’s one sided mechanism:

• Liminal systems = reduce the size of high-sec
  • Trig minor victory = put Trig NPCs to gates, etc. make living in system essentially impossible or annoying for all but pro-trigs. High-sec is reduced further.

Edencom minor victory or fortress = no changes to sec status. High-sec wont expand. Edencom NPCs have no notable presence in system, does not make living in them hard even for Pro-Trigs.

If sec status would jump up a bit, then it would offer new routes between empires and perhaps remove traditional low-sec traps from the game and force relocation.

But frankly, if I would offer this kind of mechanic to one company I do some playtesting, I’d be booted out from the door for presenting something so shitty.

7 Likes

Yes, I do understand where you’re coming from but when the Devs themselves impose a play-style on you then you only have two choices: Continue playing and adapt or quit playing, and since I’m no quitter I’ll adapt.

Contrary actually, trigs actually force everyone to become nullseccer if they want or not, at least by invading loonality candidate systems.

3 Likes