Apparel General Thread

At least it’s fortunate the art team who participate in the apparel stuff know how to repaint.
Skin team even don’t know how to.
826d2b583db1b29b1142cc77a6be0ab1

1 Like

If only we had a captains quarter as CCP referred to long ago, there would have been more opportunities to those dusty apparels in the attic. :neutral_face:
I saw an ex-gallente agent NPC who is now in the triglavian forces was taking an interview on the scope news and was doing a lot of physical exercising in the video.
No doubt that CCP has base technology to implement avatar systems but they don’t so far. :rage:
That’s a sad part of the game.

those are not bad at all. I wish they would reinforce and expand on them as this would really create a much better world that feels more alive and immersive. I also wish they’d draw from the countless of concepts that you can find all over the internet. Especially the Gallente could benefit from more flamboyant apparel and Minmatar from more actual tribal wear. One can dream, right?

I think we have to take it into consideration that the apparels texture resolution has buffed at some point.

These are three apparels since the launch of the current avatar system ( 2010 afaik ? ) to 2016. Those outers are consisted of pretty relatively rough textures and polygon.

These are from 2017 to 2021. Texture resolutions have been improved and probably POM and PBR were introduced.
No wonder if it has increased the cost required to implement new apparel items.
It’s just my guess though. I don’t know much for 3dcg.

2 Likes

I disagree. Color is extremely important to me. Moreover, I promise you that it is very important to a lot of other people as well.

Now, that being said, giving players cheaper alternatives to self-express will indeed increase the likelihood that they go with something cheaper, either because they straight up prefer the alternative, or because they like the alternative well enough for the price it can be purchased at. Thus, new cosmetics will have at least some effect on the value of existing cosmetics. Moreover, a few of the cosmetics seem like lazy cash grabs -and certainly won’t see me defending that sort of thing.

However…

I’m at a loss at why so many cosmetic speculators think that CCP should never do anything that might impact their profits. It’s called “speculation” for a reason -you are not owed a profit. All you can do is make the most informed decisions that you can. And if you can’t handle CCP breaking from previously established patterns, or when they have the audacity to release new cosmetics, then you probably shouldn’t be speculating on cosmetics. Everyone knows don’t fly what you can’t afford to lose, but you should also not speculate with what you can’t afford to lose either.

Those goggles look like:

“those goggles are just the same thing but recoloured a little differently again…”

"no,no,no - these are special goggles! Can’t you see they’re special?"

“yeah…that’s the problem…I can see them…they look like high-visibility safety wear…”

"just hush and buy the thing"

1 Like

OR we can have hats that when you put them on you don’t have to shave your entire head… Let’s start there guys.

1 Like

Speaking of hats this is what EVE really needs:

It can even have different variants like a holiday edition and others (hat SKINs?!)…

2 Likes

Why always female characters are forced to be in tiptoe steps ?
This seems a bit odd and outdated for space faring ages.

1 Like

Please be satisfied with this maximized CCPs creativity.

1 Like

It’s because females are shorter on average than males and CCP could only afford one fixed length camera stand for portrait mode.

1 Like

More seriously, I guess the reason is that this way all shoes fit the same model in the same stance, regardless of whether the shoes have high heels or not.

Now those items has gotten their names and descriptions.

The event sites are dropping some new apparel items as well.

Men’s and Women’s ‘Sanguine Harvest’ T-Shirts, Pants and Shoes.

New apparels coming with the ongoing “Crimson Harvest” event in 2021.

• 60435_128 60435 ( Men’s ‘Sanguine Harvest’ T-Shirt ), Tops, Male

This T-Shirt is part of a ‘Sanguine Harvest’ set of clothing worn by adherents of the Blooder Raider sect. The Blood Raiders are a fanatical splinter from an ancient cult called Sani Sabik, which uses blood in their rituals. The Blood Raiders believe that cloned bodies have ‘purer’ blood than other bodies and this explains why they operate mainly in space, attacking unwary space farers and draining their bodies of blood. The Blood Raiders are led by the fearsome Omir Sarikusa, who has remained on top of the DED most wanted list for many years now.

• 60432_128 60432 ( Men’s ‘Sanguine Harvest’ Pants ), Bottoms, Male

These pants are part of a ‘Sanguine Harvest’ set of clothing worn by adherents of the Blooder Raider sect. The Blood Raiders are a fanatical splinter from an ancient cult called Sani Sabik, which uses blood in their rituals. The Blood Raiders believe that cloned bodies have ‘purer’ blood than other bodies and this explains why they operate mainly in space, attacking unwary space farers and draining their bodies of blood. The Blood Raiders are led by the fearsome Omir Sarikusa, who has remained on top of the DED most wanted list for many years now.

• 58829_128 58829 ( Men’s ‘Sanguine Harvest’ Shoes ), Footwear, Male.

These shoes are part of a ‘Sanguine Harvest’ set of clothing worn by adherents of the Blooder Raider sect. The Blood Raiders are a fanatical splinter from an ancient cult called Sani Sabik, which uses blood in their rituals. The Blood Raiders believe that cloned bodies have ‘purer’ blood than other bodies and this explains why they operate mainly in space, attacking unwary space farers and draining their bodies of blood. The Blood Raiders are led by the fearsome Omir Sarikusa, who has remained on top of the DED most wanted list for many years now.

• 60436_128 60436 ( Women’s ‘Sanguine Harvest’ T-Shirt ), Tops, Female

This T-Shirt is part of a ‘Sanguine Harvest’ set of clothing worn by adherents of the Blooder Raider sect. The Blood Raiders are a fanatical splinter from an ancient cult called Sani Sabik, which uses blood in their rituals. The Blood Raiders believe that cloned bodies have ‘purer’ blood than other bodies and this explains why they operate mainly in space, attacking unwary space farers and draining their bodies of blood. The Blood Raiders are led by the fearsome Omir Sarikusa, who has remained on top of the DED most wanted list for many years now.

• 60434_128 60434 ( Women’s ‘Sanguine Harvest’ Pants ) , Bottoms, Female

These pants are part of a ‘Sanguine Harvest’ set of clothing worn by adherents of the Blooder Raider sect. The Blood Raiders are a fanatical splinter from an ancient cult called Sani Sabik, which uses blood in their rituals. The Blood Raiders believe that cloned bodies have ‘purer’ blood than other bodies and this explains why they operate mainly in space, attacking unwary space farers and draining their bodies of blood. The Blood Raiders are led by the fearsome Omir Sarikusa, who has remained on top of the DED most wanted list for many years now.

• 58821_128 58821 ( ** Women’s ‘Sanguine Harvest’ Shoes** ), Footwear, Female.

These shoes are part of a ‘Sanguine Harvest’ set of clothing worn by adherents of the Blooder Raider sect. The Blood Raiders are a fanatical splinter from an ancient cult called Sani Sabik, which uses blood in their rituals. The Blood Raiders believe that cloned bodies have ‘purer’ blood than other bodies and this explains why they operate mainly in space, attacking unwary space farers and draining their bodies of blood. The Blood Raiders are led by the fearsome Omir Sarikusa, who has remained on top of the DED most wanted list for many years now.

Still stuff I forgot to list here ?
@DeMichael_Crimson

1 Like

I don’t know if they’re new items, but the event is also droping “excursion” pants, blood raider caps, and blood raider berets (i.e. Women’s ‘Excursion’ Pants (black/red/gold) and Women’s Cap (Blood Raiders) ).

And, I know this thread is for apparel, but just in case anyone is interested, Cold Iron skins are the most likely skins to drop, but I’ve also gotten a few Sarum, one Imperial Navy, and one Tristan Head Hunter.
No P2W

It’s a shame those suits were never added to the game!

I was looking on the test server for apparel for my current portrait and that Gallente Exploration suit would have been perfect for me, a Gallente Explorer.

For now I have settled with the ORE version, but I hope we’ll get those suits one day.

@CCP_Aurora do you know if CCP could ever release these unreleased suits? They’re nice!

Those items are much older - they have type Id around 42700, in contrast to those sanguine harvest stuff with 58800 or so.

Really ? I think sarum skins used to be on the AUR store. Existing owners may be having mixing feelings :neutral_face:
It’s not on the topic about skins though, I’m a partial skin collector - yeah we can share skins here as well :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yep. They have a bunch of unpublished apparels ( especially some variants of existing apparels ).
Huge numbers of color variant of bottoms are left unpublished for years, which would have brought the diversity to the coordination.
Odd is that they don’t add those empire variants to the game, which usually should be considered standards.
We know there are business suits color variants, but they haven’t yet released over a year.
Interestingly some of CCP characters are wearing unpublished apparels.

For example, CCP Convict had been wearing caldari commander dress jacket sets before they are released.

Even CCP Paradox wears unpublished business suits color variant ( which is unnamed ). Unfair… :stuck_out_tongue:

@CCP_Paradox Can I have your apparels ?

2 Likes

I think you got it all.

I don’t know if there’s a suit or cap included with this Sanguine Harvest apparel set, like the Yoiul Stormchasers apparel set had Cap, T-shirt, Pants and Suit.