Apparel General Thread

Oohhh, faction ship BPCs too, not bad

1 Like

I love this thread: it’s full of interaction, teamwork and exploring & learning new things.

2 Likes

I’ve run combats site for 1/3rd of the event points so far.
Of course I haven’t acquired apparels yet.
I got Overseer’s Personal Effects worth around 150M and some skins, few true sansha modules.
I really don’t like events though, it is a good aspect that event sites always repop in the storm area and usually don’t get bothered by third parties.

( Edit : Well, Okay I eventually now bought men’s edition from the market )

2 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking of buying them from the Market too but after viewing the prices, decided to wait a bit with the hope of getting them in loot drops.

When those Apparel items first appeared on the market, total amount of ISK for all 8 of them was about 4 bill ISK. Now that the Winter event is almost done and more players have listed those items for sale, the total price for all 8 items has dropped to about 2 bill ISK.

Price is still a bit high but since I didn’t want to miss out on the chance of adding them to my collection, I went ahead and bought them from the market… Currently my Apparel collection has 655 different items.

1 Like

Thank you to those who couldn’t wait and were buying the suits at the beginning of the event :wink: Was a rather profitable few days flipping those suits

1 Like

This series cost 3 to 4 billions for me but think it’s reasonable.
At the beginning the item starts to show on the market, It’s difficult to guess how rare they are.
In most cases the prices drop in the end though, some don’t, or rise.
Most of my apparels aren’t that much expensive nowadays compared to what they used to be.
However, for example, I got both Proven and Bioadaptive Kybernaut combat suits for around 2B at the time they appeared in the market first time. And one is now 22B and another is unpriced.
So I’m considering those extra costs are insurance for the depletion.
I usually don’t recheck the market once I get the apparel. Simply it’s not good for my mental health and it doesn’t help to take back sunk cost.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t like rechecking market price after buying items either. The only reason I know how the prices went for these is because I almost bought them when they first hit the market. I then decided to hold off on buying them in the hope of getting a few items dropped from the High Sec event sites. Unfortunately no Apparel items dropped so I ended up buying them.

1 Like

6 new apparels come to the tranquility on the next patch ( build 1984348 ).
Those items are obviously featuring upcoming The Interstellar Convergence ( Doctor Who the hell crossover event ).
I am in utter disappointment that they now started this BS, and have considered that the EVE is in total gridlock. This is a significant turning point that EVE loses its own advantage in the gaming scenes.

That being said, I will keep updating this until I quit this game.
I won’t be surprised even if CCP sell these items in the NES considering the direction this game is going towards as of now.

• Men's Interstellar Convergence T-Shirt 61533 ( Men’s Interstellar Convergence T-shirt ), Tops, Male

Simple yet memorable, this T-shirt is easy to wear and has an attractive pattern of color bands that pique one’s curiosity. What does the pattern represent? Is it some strange spectrum obeying different physical laws? Is it a code that unlocks the secrets of the universe? Who knows? The most important question is really who would wear a T-shirt like this?

• Women's Interstellar Convergence T-Shirt 61532 ( Women’s Interstellar Convergence T-shirt ), Tops, Female

Simple yet memorable, this T-shirt is easy to wear and has an attractive pattern of color bands that pique one’s curiosity. What does the pattern represent? Is it some strange spectrum obeying different physical laws? Is it a code that unlocks the secrets of the universe? Who knows? The most important question is really who would wear a T-shirt like this?

• Men's Paradoxical Scarf 61536 ( Mens Paradoxical Scarf ), Outer, Male

A scarf that is almost ridiculously, comically long and seemingly patterned at random with bands of varying width and unusual color choices. The scarf is so long that it’s unclear where it begins and where it ends. There’s some paradox at work here but this unusual piece of clothing can be worn as a complete piece of outerwear, wrapping the wearer up in its warm and apparently unending coils.

• Women's Paradoxical Scarf 61535 ( Women’s Paradoxical Scarf ), Outer, Female

A scarf that is almost ridiculously, comically long and seemingly patterned at random with bands of varying width and unusual color choices. The scarf is so long that it’s unclear where it begins and where it ends. There’s some paradox at work here but this unusual piece of clothing can be worn as a complete piece of outerwear, wrapping the wearer up in its warm and apparently unending coils.

• Men's Proper Dapper Outfit 61949 ( Men’s Proper Dapper Outfit ), Outer, Male

This strangely archaic and rather quaint outfit remains rather attractive and eminently practical. The wearer looks quite dapper with the smart jacket, braced trousers, and jolly bow-tie. Indeed, anyone wearing this outfit might fancy themselves as looking “proper dapper” as they go about their business on the station concourse, or pop into the smart bars of Jita 4-4.

• Women's Proper Dapper Outfit 61848 ( Women’s Proper Dapper Outfit ), Outer, Female

This strangely archaic and rather quaint outfit remains rather attractive and eminently practical. The wearer looks quite dapper with the smart jacket, braced trousers, and jolly bow-tie. Indeed, anyone wearing this outfit might fancy themselves as looking “proper dapper” as they go about their business on the station concourse, or pop into the smart bars of Jita 4-4.

1 Like

Yeah, not sure what CCP is thinking with this DR. Who stuff, the Eve Online universe is nothing like the DR. Who universe.

As for the new Apparel items, the T-Shirts are ok, nothing to get excited about. I’m sorry to say this but the Proper Dapper Outfit’s just don’t fit in with the overall look and feel of Eve. However the Paradoxical Scarf’s definitely look cool, I think it’s a good addition to the Apparel line.

EDIT:
To the person that flagged my reply, I salute you…:fu:

1 Like

I feel those scarfs are rather out of place for EVE to be honest …
Proper Dapper somethings are weird but are relatively acceptable compared to scarf.
It’s a shame outers always comes with inners bundled in itself. I would like to combine sterling dress shirts and jackets.
T-shirt ? lol. It’s a typical low-effort repainting as always.

As I conjectured, they are selling these apparel items for real money.
Paying 5 dollars for repainted generic t-shirt and 10 dollars for scarfs ?
https://secure.eveonline.com/packs/details/?pack=star-pack
https://secure.eveonline.com/packs/details/?pack=nebula-pack

“Micro transaction is way EZ monetizing rather than subs.” - CCP Hilmar.
“Lores ? Who knows. We need new players.” - CCP Rattati.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s definitely messed up, no longer include Apparel items with event rewards.

New variants of business jackets have arrived to Tranquility and is available through merchandise packs. ( Heartsurge Pack, 20 USD )
Thankfully CCP yet haven’t led up to make them “soul bound” items. Thus you can acquire them through in game market.

• Men's Obsidian Opulence Jacket 54377 ( Men’s Obsidian Opulence Jacket ), Outer, Male

An offering from NOH’s own Expert & Elite fashion brand, this executive-tier jacket emphasizes the values of wealth, modernity, and a touch of openness with its distinctive tailoring and materials.

• Men's Obsidian Opulence Pants 54371 ( Men’s Obsidian Opulence Pants ), Bottom, Male

An offering from NOH’s own Expert & Elite fashion brand, these executive-tier formal pants emphasize the values of wealth, modernity, and a touch of openness with its distinctive tailoring and materials.

• Women's Obsidian Opulence Jacket 54359 ( Women’s Obsidian Opulence Jacket ), Outer, Female

An offering from NOH’s own Expert & Elite fashion brand, this executive-tier jacket emphasizes the values of prosperity and individual achievement with its distinctive tailoring and materials.

• Women's Obsidian Opulence Pants 54365 ( Women’s Obsidian Opulence Pants ), Bottom, Female

An offering from NOH’s own Expert & Elite fashion brand, these executive-tier formal pants emphasize the values of wealth, modernity, and a touch of openness with its distinctive tailoring and materials.

In addition to them, several variants of this series have been named in the tranquility servers in the patch on Feb 8th ( build 1999199 ).

• Azure Abundance Jacket series : Glossy Dark Blue, with ties
  • Tawny Treasure Jacket Series : Orange, without ties
  • Silver Supremacy Jacket series : Supreme Silver, with ties
1 Like

Owing to massive subscription debt and a complete devalue of in game assets and hyper inflation of ISK all new game content will be only available for $ purchase.

As said just be glad they are still in game tradeable.

The initial CCP plan was to lock access to parts of the new event with a paywall key, be happy that they never carried through with it.

1 Like

Add back player “housing”. I would be nice to have your own private space like the FF14 housing that you can decorate to your liking and invite other players to visit you “space” so you can hang out there. It would add a bit more RP to the whole game and it would make apparel so much more relevant.

2 Likes

Anyone know if you buy that Heartsurge Pack, if the resculpt certificate is something you can put on the market? I don’t want to change how winsome my character is.

As you can see them in the market, they can be sold in the market.
The recent price drop of the resculpt certificates also indirectly proves the item bound to the pack can be sold in the market.

1 Like

I think CCP had once tried to create such a function before, that’s a captains quarter.
CCP dreamed of creating something called "Metaverse” nowadays, by integrating EVE ONLINE and DUST 514.
For their first step of their huge ambitious goal, they implemented new 3D character portrait system in 2011, which is now you see in game. That was actually a big step forward to the goal.
A month later, CCP introduced a captain’s quarter, the personal virtual room in the station you can walk around with your characters 3D avatar.
There was a door closed and is stating that the area over it is not cleaned for capsuleers, please stand by.
It was expected to have a communication room to interect with other players avatars in the future, however the reality was harsh enough.
CCP was not talented to keep developing the captain’s quarter, the door kept closed for a long time. Mean while, other link functions CCP promised wasn’t much implemented between EVE and DUST, and the PS3 was outdated finally. DUST was shut down in 2016.
And the captain’s quarter was removed from the game forever in 2017.
The door was never opened eventually.

Since that time, there are no statement about CQ, or similar function.
Problem is that CCP tried it and failed miserably, thereby dissapointed players pretty much.
If they try it again, they would be expected to be enough competent to do it.
The reality is : they even can’t retain the base game balance.

That being said, I would expect to have captain’s quarters in 2040 at least.

1 Like

I lolled. it’s too bad, tbh. If only they had released DUST on the superior platform that is PC…

The funny thing is I joined the game when Incarna was released because I wanted to walk around, but I stayed because I enjoyed mining. Now I’m just a poor F1 monkey :stuck_out_tongue: