Appeal to CONCORD against House Sarum's illegal slave taking

I don’t want to sign this.

I don’t have the confidence that CONCORD will do anything. I’m of the belief that CONCORD, under their new regime, is incapable of acting in the best interests of the common people. They’ve forgotten the tenets of their foundation. They no longer mediate or act proactively; they respond, and interfere; maintaining the status quo. In the one hand they espouse to prevent capsuleers from rampant destruction of human life but in the other actively deny capsuleers from saving lives.

Appealing to CONCORD is appealing to involve a totalitarian authority that I think will allow the very thing this petition seeks to prevent. I’m not convinced that CONCORD won’t make an appearance, “monitor the situation” and simply allow what was going to happen anyway… but with the added effect of preventing capsuleers from interfering. I’ve doubts that this won’t simply be a repeat of Kahah; I have doubts that CONCORD’s attention won’t simply make matters worse…

… but in the begrudging hopes that I am wrong, and in support of you and your people, Elsebeth…

Signed,
Nomistrav
ulkyyrama vyhort panitakin

17 Likes

Atleast here we can agree Nomistrav. CONCORD is gone do what they have done in the past…

Nevertheless if there is a small chance that we can prevent the enslavement of our brothers and sisters and the reply it will cause I will not let my pride or my expectations stand in the way.

Signed,
Harkon Thorson
Chief of Ushra’Khan

12 Likes

This decision on the part of House Sarum sets a dangerous precedent in contravention of the Yulai Conventions and current Interstellar Treaty.

Signed,

Natasiya V. Gesakaarin
COO
Black Advent

5 Likes

While not optimistic that CONCORD will suddenly start to take their responsibilities seriously, I do approve of any attempt to get them off their arses.

Signed,

Louise Montclaire-Hannosen

8 Likes

CONCORD must act! Not only for those who’s lives are immediately at risk of being destroyed, but by ignoring this and letting an so clear violation of the treaties go without intervention undermines the very core credibility of CONCORD’s mission and purpose.
With the ongoing tragedies facing the cluster already, the loss of any remaining faith in CONCORD’s core purpose comes at fatal risk.

Signed,

Faye Nahkriin

8 Likes

Signed,
Jandice Ymladris,
CEO of the Aurora Arcology Initiative

6 Likes

Signed,
Melisma Ramijozana
Chair, Corovid Industries
Cadet Chief, Clan Ramijozana

Signed in tandem:
Tiama Ramijozana
Chief, Clan Ramijozana of Mikramurka

5 Likes

Signed,

Valerie Vynneve
Director, and on behalf of
Dusk of the Old Horizon

3 Likes

Signed,

Mizhir Devara
of Clan Ra’esji
Founder & owner of Devara Biotech

5 Likes

I share many of the reservations offered in this thread about the efficacy of CONCORD, but I join with them in the hope that needless suffering may be averted.

Signed,

Armast Darkar
Founder, The Ghosts of Kahah

5 Likes

Firstly, I condemn the presupposition that our Lord Sarum’s order is illegal. I am certain he possesses both the wisdom and forbearance to have examined the issue carefully from each and every political and legal angle to ensure that this move is both feasible and in the best interests of the House and Empire.

Furthermore, I assert that the mentioned violations against rule of law and civility have been repeatedly committed by the Republic and its proxies long before this issuance. May I remind you that the very existence of the CEMWPA treaty itself was made necessary by the shameless attack made by the so-called “Elder Fleet” (upon CONCORD itself, no less), which was far more closely tied to the official mechanisms of Minmatar governance than we have all been led to believe. Since then, yet further violations of the Republic’s agreements have occurred, most clearly highlighted by the worsening of rebellions last year within the Empire’s borders. The truth is that the Republic should have been cast out of CONCORD completely as a rogue nation, yet political expedience saved it from its deserved fate. The taking of slaves is merely a measured and arguably appropriate response to continued Minmatar aggression.

However. With this preface kept in mind, I do believe there is merit in asking the Inner Circle for a clarification of the bounds of the CEMWPA treaty, and guidelines for the treatment of civilians within the contested territories. Examinations of and addendums to the text and enforcement methods of the law may be needed after more than a decade of bloodshed and death. I will pray that this request will prompt such actions, despite the poor faith of its initial wording. I stand ready to abide by its ruling, though I believe Lord Sarum’s order will be upheld and the spirit in which it is made vindicated before the intergalactic community.

Due to the biased nature of the original posting and the individual presenting it, I cannot offer my signature to the document. I suggest that the next time an appeal such as this be made, it get straight to the point and not be presented by someone who has brought needless suffering upon civilians herself.

11 Likes

Without intending any slight as regards the signatures of my above-named Amarr peers, I am signing the petition in the full spirit of its original composition.

Astaire Quatrevaux, PhD
CEO, Viavant
Custodian, City of Moisant, Octanneve V

I am further empowered to sign the petition on behalf of:
Clan Chiefs Kaya and Licoqi Licei
Clan Licei of the Krusual Tribe

5 Likes

sign

ate a ■■■■ marr shixalen

saccade
Directoire a BABAC
proprietrice on pointin a hass on u

7 Likes

As a privateer enrolled in the 24th Imperial Crusade, I sign this petition seeking clarification as to the legality of the proposed actions of House Sarum with regards to Floseswin and therefore whether I should oppose the Tribal Liberation Forces in Floseswin or stand aside.

Furthermore, I am signing this solely in my private capacity as a capsuleer.

Gah’Matar

3 Likes

A little clarification is never a bad thing, especially with so much hanging in the balance. I also sign this appeal, and do so out of my own personal conscience.

Emily Briscou

3 Likes

I sign this petition supporting the original intent.

Signed,
Viverina Cielvoss
Chief Operating Officer, “Tales of Kahah” Broadcast Service,
Subsidiary of MHE Industries

6 Likes

Everyone’s literally begging to the highest authority and I’m just sitting here, thinking…

Let’s kill more Amarians!
That’s actually useful!

You guys are silly.

Signed, Strepan Dorsett, Ushra’Khan pilot

3 Likes

Monitoring closely how this will shape the future of the CEMWPA territories.

Signed,
Yvalroette en Thielles

4 Likes

Signed,

Renelle Ronuken
Gradient

3 Likes