April 2019 Release - General Feedback

Kinda just seems like ccp has a problem with people making isk and ratting, as basically all changes are geared towards stopping people from ratting, making them weaker, longer to spawn, and an easier target for those 100+ man fleets coming to attack the one guy… everything seems to be catered towards helping out the attackers.

In trying to deal with botters and abusers that use 20+ rorqs, these changes screw over the little guy that isn’t space rich. the botters and abusers have so much already that the reduction is but a splash in the ocean, while the guy like me that only uses one character gets the little he has taken away. I have a very busy life and enjoy this game very much, but when I get on I want to get right down to some action, the only way to do that is to get ships which require isk, now if I I have to grind that much longer to get the same amount of isk to be able to fly my ships, which are blingy in nature due to the fact that where ever we go its a 3 -6 man fleet vs 30+ response team, we need them to be beefy, if it’s gonna take me know a whole week just to get enough for a ship that can at least have a chance at survinig and even snag a couple of kills, what’s the point of playing anymore?

Further more, caps are highly expensive, a rorq signifies 10+ bil out in space seiged up unable to leave, basically a sitting duck, and it only got 120mil/hr if you were lucky enough to find a site where there was good rocks left and a guy with 20 rorqs that warps in and takes everything from you, and then the amount the mine gets lowered, and their defense lowered, it’s a 10+ ship… it’s supposed to be able to do nice things… some people dont have multiple of them, nor the people working together to make use of even the boosts that a rorq can provide to lesser mining ships, even when there’s multiple people in the same mining site… which this directly hamstrings them and it makes you wonder again, whats the point of using them anymore, followed by whats the point of playing this anymore. To some of us just having one is an accomplishment and an achievement , which now its like congrats you got a 10+ bil paperweight. It’s not like it make a whole lot of money especially when you considered other ventures that made 300 mil/hr compared to the 120/hr you would only get under the most perfect of circumstances for your 10+ bil you’re risking in space. It’s not like it was impossible to kill and a great many rorqs have died even when assisted a great many supers have died, and it’s a super. and people that come hunting them are usually 100+ man gang on one guy, and the same people that complain are the same people that when you go into their space sit at gate with a titan bosoning the gate, it really just seems that a select group of people been crying to ccp saying its not fair the can’t kill 60+ rorqs everytime they go out and ccp is catering to them to make them happy while screwing over everyone else. If you are flying a big expensive ship, you need to have big returns it only makes sense as without it there’s no point in really being one, the rich will always get richer, the only people screwed over are the poor.

8 Likes

Everything is being catered towards the few whales in null-sec who throw cash at the game to PvP. They’re nerfing your ratting because of it and they’re removing my profession because of it.

TBH everyone else should just unsub and let CCP get what they’ve got coming because they’ve completely trashed this game and do not deserve your money.

3 Likes

They are removing your profession because it preyed on new players that don’t know better then to shoot a baiter then get a sour taste in their mouth for the game when 4 neutral logis showed up. Losing new players to d**k tactics in 0.9 space is something they are trying to eliminate.

8 Likes

Thanks for sharing that, its definitely appreciated. I personally lament that there’s a feeling of lowsec lacking desirable PvP opportunities for small gangs and solo players. Its something we’d love to address separately, but we won’t allow it to be a reason to maintain systems elsewhere that we’ve determined to be negative.

I understand that that must suck to hear if the gameplay you’ve chosen to engage in is exactly the gameplay we’re discouraging, but in a sandbox game one person’s best change ever is always another person’s worst.

I genuinely do hope you find other engaging ways to live out your evil pirate dreams out their in the big black, and I hope we can address some of your concerns in the future.

9 Likes

This is no longer a sandbox and you just removed the last of the pirates. You’re not “discouraging” my gameplay, you’re removing it, and with it a community that has lasted 10+ years. For what? to appease the whales that suddenly want to PvP in high sec? The change fixes nothing in regards to wardecs (you’re using “help the little guy” as a facade. You actually mean “cater to whales”) and only serves to remove swaths of content from the game while offering nothing in return.

Furthermore if you read my post thoroughly, even if you fixed the low-sec climate it is not enough. PvEers have to have risk for you to be able to foster a vibrant PvP community. Most PvPers will not stay in this game if they have to mine or mission for their isk.

1 Like

LOL

Since when suspect baiting is being a pirate?

7 Likes

Since we ransom people and steal their ships? You know, like ACTUAL pirates do?

If suspect baiting people with your friends waiting on the sidelines to rep you is the entirety of piracy in New Eden, then it sounds like we need a better class of pirates. :rofl:

23 Likes

No it sounds like we need a better class of devs. Back when my community was blossoming so was the game as a whole.

You guys don’t even know how your own game functions (or maybe you do and you do not care because you’re just trying to keep the whales around).

I guarantee you can’t explain to me how the changes actually affect the dynamic of war-decs.

1 Like

I actually consider coming back to highsec PvP because of this patch … if their would be a new event to facilitate … I assume many would start trying suspect baiting or engage suspects, now, that the playing field is more leveled.

2 Likes

Again, I appreciate the feedback, it looks like we’re not going to get any further with this discussion so I’m going to call it here.

3 Likes

Lets get back on topic now, removing some further off topic replies. Feel free to make a separate thread if you wish to have wider discussions about Piracy, War Decs, PvP etc, and we’ll keep this one to this specific release.

8 Likes

Okay back on topic. So what exactly is removing neutral logi supposed to help? Because you claimed initially that it was for more fair wardec mechanics but that’s clearly not the case as the mechanics are now further in favor of the massive blob alliance.

So own up to it? Are you just trying to remove suspect baiting or are you catering to the whales again?

The only people that will be more likely to engage are the ones with 5 vindi accounts that will land and blap you out of existence and I guarantee you there will be FAR less suspects little-to-none of which will be looking for an engagement.

Neutral logi has long been an issue that many have asked us to address, as the resulting gameplay can be frustrating and unfun as combatants cannot effectively engage neutral repair ships until they activate their modules.

The bulk of the community feedback we’ve been seeing on these particular issues has been in favor of making direct changes to remove these tactics.

To specifically answer your question, this change is intended to remove an element that discouraged groups from engaging in wars as a defender. From our research we’ve found that broadly the most positive wars (in terms of player engagement and future health of the corporations involved) are wars where there is activity i.e both sides engage in combat. Things we can do to encourage that were generally viewed as positive.

Separate from the war related changes, we also wanted to remove the negative effects of neutral assistance in limited engagements for broadly the same reasons. So in short, no, suspect baiting is not something we’re trying to remove, but we are explicitly trying to remove neutral logi from suspect baiting.

What do I win?

7 Likes

So you push all PIRAT and MARMITES logi into alliance (no big deal) and their victims can no longer call in friends out of corp?

You think people are going to be MORE willing to engage when they see 20 wartargets in local instead of 10?

You basically have removed suspect baiting. You can’t “bait” afterall unless there’s actually a trap behind it. Do you think a suspect is going to get any content “baiting” in a ship that can obviously kill the people he’s trying to bait?

You do realize most of high-sec PvP is based around being profitable right? Do you also realize that this pushes MORE people into those massive war-dec alliances?

So either you’re telling me that CCP actually thinks that mass-wardecs and suicide ganking are better content than the suspect baiting/escalation system OR you’re all just blowing smoke and simply trying to appease the whales who suddenly want to fight over the perimeter citadel.

Perhaps an option to hide the PLEX wallet in the actual wallet? Not all of us want to be reminded of what PLEX we have all the time.

4 Likes

@CCP_Lebowski, thanks very much for engaging with players on this or any subject. So often in past months, will we see a developer post announcing a change, but little to no back and forth afterward, which can lead to people thinking their comments aren’t being considered. (Even if player comments actually aren’t being considered, creating the illusion that they ARE is good for morale :slight_smile: )

6 Likes

Defending corps have options, they can join an alliance, call in allies and have people join their corp. They can also now fight back by attempting to destroy the HQ themselves or hire mercs. Its unfair to look at any change in isolation.

Whats better, a 10 man fleet with a secret 10 man logi wing you can’t engage until they choose, or a 20 man fleet?

That’s not what this is about in the slightest. Its in fact the reverse. We’ve been pretty clear from the start of this project that the crux of the problem here is that a very limited group have been causing undue problems to a disproportionately large section of the playerbase. To use the whale analogy, we’re not trying to help the whales, we’re trying to help the plankton.

11 Likes

Another analogy - Bladewise could be one of those chinese fishing ships that rapes the sea then gets all sad when there’s no more fish to catch. I for one welcome our logi-suprise free station undocks

3 Likes