April 2019 Release - General Feedback

It would be very helpful if Allies in a war, could remote rep each other.

2 Likes

Its a tough balancing act, I’ll be honest. sometimes its good to drop by and dispel the myth that changes are made without consideration. We may not get things right, but the changes we make are measured and thought through. Non Consensual PvP and a NPC police forces in the same area of a sandbox is fundamentally a hard problem to solve, especially when there are a huge amount of competing entrenched opinions and perspectives.

I’m afraid that this is a really tough problem, unless you can only be an ally in every war the defender is in. Otherwise you get in a situation where you can be fighting a WT, but not the WT for the war the ally is in. :confused:

6 Likes

You’re CLAIMING to help the plankton but realistically you’re not. Furthermore the timing of this change is in-line with simply wanting to appease the whales fighting over perimeter.

“Defending corps have less options.” ftfy. They had all of those options before. Now they have those options minus the option of neutral logi while the massive wardec alliances can simply move their alts in corp, no biggy. Defending corps are going to be, if anything, LESS willing to engage and at a bigger disadvantage.

Anyone that’s looking to actually engage any of these fleets were already well-aware of neutral logi (and also smart enough to simply use zkill), whoever you’re listening to that says neutral logi is stopping them from engaging in PvP is blowing smoke.

1 Like
  • If you’re in a war you can easily have friend join in by having their corp join as an additional defender in the war. if you’re the one wardecing, don’t wardec a target that you can’t handle yourself. If this is reference to assistance in High Sec PvP that isn’t part of a war, go to low sec.

• Yes because they know it’s 20 war targets and not 10 + 0-40 neutral logi.

• Unintentional bonus of the change.

• The point of the changes are to limit High Sec PvP to actual legitimate wars. Piracy is for Low Sec, go fight against people that actually require skill to kill.

• You keep saying that these changes are to appeal to whales. These changes are to appeal to new players. Ganking will always be a thing unfortunately, but against new players it’s not particularly profitable most of the time. Whales don’t blap a suspect bait, new players that don’t know better do.

2 Likes

Why not doing exactly this? Defenders are unlikely to have a lot of independent wars, where some isolation is necessary.

*but those defenders can no longer provide remote assistance
*if they were actually interested in engaging they already knew who and how many logi there were
*have fun navigating past 5-10 more Kusions
*there isn’t piracy in low-sec and they would have to incentivise industrialists to operate there for it to be otherwise
*new players don’t participate in wars. new PvPers used to start off suspect baiting, now they just quit due to lack of content.

not so sure about that, pretty much all of the pvp players I know started off in null or low sec flying super cheap frigs

4 Likes

I’m talking about back when the game was at its peak playerbase. What % of the playerbase is in high-sec vs null and low? That used to be the distribution for new PvPers as well.

Honestly it was a little weird at first, but I really like the new dark interiors, except the ad boards, those can go ■■■■ themselves

2 Likes

New players could ALSO start out in HS in a small group (or even a 1 man corp) wanting to help a larger friend in a war, to learn more about pvp fleet ops. They can’t receive or transmit RR now.

3 Likes

they could join their friend’s corp that they wanted to help?

3 Likes

The poor sod is going for the coveted ‘most MTUs killed in highsec’ award. Don’t buy into his whimsical snarling, my bet is Bladewise will either get over it and find some other neiche cretin role or not and find a different game

2 Likes

but they have less options overall, which is the point he’s trying to make.

1 Like

That’s the best way to do it, ofc. But there’s all kinds of random reasons people don’t want to leave a corp. Somehow permitting allies in a declared war to RR each other would restore the learning opportunity. (I don’t have enough experience to say more, in regards to the complications CCP Lebowski raised.)

2 Likes

Where can I put a minus to this update? Give me a link pls.

3 Likes

I can’t believe the amount of salt you have brought to the thread it’s truly a fun thing to see.

But I can’t have unfair advantage anymore REEEEE, I have to fight now REEEE…

And fun stuff is that you said you’ve been playing for over 10 years in what? In HS?
Maybe you want to go somewhere where there’s a bit of risk involved and there are no gimmicky mechanics like neutral logi and suspect baiting or the thought of having red on your kb scares you? :thinking:

9 Likes

eve not sand box anymore since ccp only looks after the new player older get screwed everytime eg skill injectors and nefts to eng game ships like titans if you guiys could fix the lag in fights we lose so many hsips and have fun playing eve because the lag fight are not fun they really sad.

2 Likes

Worse graphic update yet, What a waste of time.

2 Likes

Great set of changes, making command ships be command ships, perfect, neutral reps, again perfect.

his kb is just suspect baiting ■■■■ fit mission runners with an orca, so uhh yes

2 Likes