April 2019 Release - General Feedback

I generally have no issue with the hangar lighting but I have an issue with my ships not having cockpit canopies. Manticore and Worm
Annotation%202019-04-09%20175913

1 Like

Cockpit canopies are overrated. Fly with your windows open.

4 Likes

Someone for the love of Eve pay the damn electric bill. Iā€™m on DX11 so itā€™s not a glitch, the new design is simply too dark. Canā€™t see anything & tbh it looks like the screen is glitched, but itā€™s not It just ugly. I tripped over a missile while trying to board my ship today because I couldnā€™t see and it launched and blew up an entire orphanage. CCPlease, I enjoy seeing.

1 Like

Structure Browser: Added a Liquid Ozone column when filtering for the Jump Gate service in the My Structures tab.

Am I being thick - I cant see this in the structures tab?

I may be a one off, but I enjoy looking at the billboards and my ship in the hanger when Iā€™m bored, chatting, or waiting for something. Now I can barely see them or anything else in the hangar. Giving it a RL look at a space game, one would think a ship would be well lit in a hanger. If for nothing else, for maintenance and inspection aspect. Besides hasnā€™t CCP put in a bunch of effort to make the ships look good to begin with, now they are hard to see. I feel like Iā€™m back on an USN aircraft carrier hangar at night with the orange and black lighting (Dark orange lighting/black shadows. Needed for low visibility to other ships at night only. White lights were turned on when hangar doors to the outside were closed)

Turn the damn lights back on please. I havenā€™t played yet, so I canā€™t comment on other aspects of the patch.

You have a good point about encouraging small indy corps joining mega corps for protection. The Rorqual WAS an awesome miner, now it is little more than a standup loot piƱata. In flight mode it is still a very good fleet booster. Its days as a standup miner are fundamentally over and has very limited application as a stand up booster since that activity is extremely high risk with only moderate reward even with the improved boost.

2 Likes

This was major step back for the Rorqual. The overall intent was to make them easier to destroy same as FAXā€™s, Carriers, Supers and Structures. As a fleet miner this nerf has several advantages for me and my particular style of game play. Ships and modules have come down a little. Fewer standup miners will mean increased profits. Overall its a win for me. I suspect however I am in the minority.

Moon mining is the miners first real opportunity to not be served up as an easy default warp in kill. Any chance we could increase that opportunity? Could anom ore fields be replaced with sig ore fields that have to be probed down? A 2.8 kilometer Rorqual is not challenging to probe. Can we make the hunters actually hunt even if only just a little bit?

CCP You threw us a really big bone of benefits when you forced Rorquals out of the POSā€™s. In short order you have been taking it back by making those benefits smaller and smaller. How about giving us some non combat benefits back?

Here are some ideas

• Allow industrial core operation on the tether. Literally just the core. Any targeting, or boosting untethers.
  • Increase Only Mining Command Boost max range to 200km with Fleet Command Level 5 Skill for full unrigged refinery field coverage.
1 Like

ā€˜one offā€™ lol. Iā€™m happy to have a break from the previous distracting brightness of the billboards, and hope the brightness of this particular item stays right where it is :slight_smile:

1 Like

As well as being dark the contrast and definition is awful

That is exactly the reason for change.

Yeah and i hate thatā€¦ Guess i have to start doing hisec ganking instead of indy like many othersā€¦ Not mush more to do as a small scale playerā€¦

Please turn the lights back on :frowning:

Well I like darker ambient in stations. When graphics settings are at max, it just looks gorgeous! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yeah letā€™s reign it in, now that Imperium has all they need.

No, leave that hangar dark. What could be done, though, is to add more lights above that shine directly on the ship and increase the light intensity of the lights on the platform (for instance the 3 lights on the side in the Amarr hangar or the 4 lights at the cardinal directions in the Caldari hangar) to highlight the ship itself more ā€¦ which should have been done in the first place because they said specifically in the announcement that the ship should be more visible and highlighted.

But the hangar itself and that stupid ad screen must at all cost remain dark. I am fed up with this stupid face ā€œDo you have clear visionā€ ad. It drives me nuts.

4 Likes

Just wait till you see ā€œVote for Xenuriaā€ ads again. :egg: :sweat_smile:

cool11

CCP Guard (sigh) apologized for stagnation of the billboard ad content. Hopefully something as discussed in the link, may happen someday. But I think many players also like a focus on spaceshipsā€¦

2 Likes

Why does my Hangar with a Providence in it look like the first screen but when I sit in a Prorator it looks like on the second screen? Okay, yes, reflections ā€¦ but why? I am sitting under flood lights that are brighter than the sun to illuminate the hangars. Surely no one turns them off just because I switch to a smaller ship. And besides, the underbelly of the Providence is black. It does not reflect light.

Funny thing: When I sit in a carrier, things are also brighter. When I sit in a BS or BC, hangars are darker. So much for capital bias.

2 Likes

+5pg on the corax are not enough, in fact is nothing interesting and nothing have changed compared to the talwar. Swapping one of the mid for a hislot wouldā€™ve been better, or removing the damage lock. Another launcher is the direct counter for the 3 bcs that can be fitted to a talwar. Give this ship a reason to exist!

Edit: thereā€™s also the hardpoint ready for the 8th launcher!