[ARC] Humanitarian Provisions for Triglavian Collective

I don’t disagree, it’s all situational, but that isn’t the case here

1 Like

A straight question, then:

Is it Mr. Nomistrav, the person, you have troubles with? Or is it his expressed views?

One of these is easier to change than the other.

2 Likes

Mr. Ormand, you’re witnessing someone struggling with how to best make a difference, to protect life as much as possible. The utilitarian approach he speaks of? It’s born of over a year of tumult and turmoil as he’s witnessed our efforts.

You say very few people change their minds, and that things are situational-- why is this not exactly the thing?

6 Likes

Not entirely both, of course I disagree eith the views, but the person has been very difficult in the past.

1 Like

That may very well be the case, but you don’t attack someone when diplomacy is being tried it can cause more loss of life if the opposing side is significantly more powerful. Having someone say we should attack the triglavians first and then say we should try diplomacy, it is suspect and can compromise any diplomatic efforts. I don’t doubt the triglavians have already hacked the igs and cam see what everyone has said. If you want diplomacy, don’t use someone who has already talked about first strikes to send your message

2 Likes

Oh, how quickly that sword’s edge may turn…

2 Likes

Which is why we’ve proposed that an appropriate agency begin the diplomatic effort.

2 Likes

I was surprised. I assumed you would be a more combative version of your old self, combat as a last resort but still strive for peace. not do a complete 180 like you have appeared to have done and not look for the peaceful resolution until you are told to give a pre planned press release. It’s like you aren’t the same person anymore. You changed so drastically

2 Likes

That is exactly what I became. You, Teinyhr, and the rest seem to have conjured up your own image of what you wanted me to be. You manipulated my words, took them out of the context of the whole picture, and formed them into a monster of your own design. At no point did you ever ask for clarification when and if you began to become misinformed. Ignorant, you filled in the gaps yourself and brandished that as a weapon against me.

If you want a combative version of myself, then have it: ■■■■ you.

3 Likes

On one hand, pilot Nomistrav, that seems perhaps excessive.

On the other hand, Mr. Ormand’s hypocrisy, constant needling, and feckless self-interest does tend to conjure up that response.

4 Likes

You have said that you doubt the triglavians are capable of diplomacy (no evidence), you say that there needs not be any evidence of their hostility for us to attack them, and you have said that diplomacy is foolhardy. those are your words, the first quote i will admit is a section of a paragraph, but the other 2 are full paragraphs. they are full context.

1 Like

can you give me examples of my hypocrisy? i dont intend to and i would like to correct or clarify statements if this is the case.

1 Like

Oh, come now! You should know this one perfectly well.

Despite calling us murderers or committers of genocide for our work, in Jolevier you were perfectly happy to scavenge Drifter wrecks while an ARC operation was on-going, seeking to profit from our work not only by the retrieval of vaults you’d never otherwise have the slightest chance of getting, but then also hoping to sell those same vaults back to ARC.

For all of your obsession with us and our disagreements, you seemed perfectly happy to seek out ARC’s money, and to profit by ARC’s work.

That’s not the slightest bit hypocritical?

7 Likes

Uh. Ms. Priano?

Profitably messing with somebody (and thereby draining their resources) is actually a pretty good way to weaken them without going all-out. Like kidnapping VIP’s for ransom.

It’s actually probably more effective than just killing them.

3 Likes

If he were able to engage in asset denial, which he frankly isn’t able to, and didn’t achieve then. We still retrieved multiples of the vault in question. Instead, he simply demonstrated that, for all his moralizing, he’s as venal as the rest.

2 Likes

Oooor, at least not an effective asset-napper at the time?

1 Like

In any case, we’ve moved far from the original topic.

All else aside, I think it’s fair to say that we hope for more information from CONCORD or another appropriate authority, and wait for steps that will allow for a less violent resolution than seems to be the current path.

We will, of course, see how events unfold.

1 Like

As I have stated many times before, I withdrew my genocide accusation when you have me a different perspective, that being that violence was the drifters only known way of communicating. You still didn’t give evidence to contradict my accusation but nonetheless, I withdrew and didn’t bring it up again. And when I stole those vaults, it was a last resort. I was also decoding the vaults and ARC refused to release the vaults that they recovered, even after they were decoded. I asked in multiple locations and was ignored so I decided to take some. And it wouldn’t have been for monetary value if I returned them to you, I would have simply asked for information regarding the cipher, I wasn’t in it for the isk.

1 Like

[ 2018.03.25 18:01:13 ] Woodrow Ormand > ill share them once i confer with some associates. but if i share them, it will be for the right price

[ 2018.03.25 18:01:48 ] Woodrow Ormand > well arc put out a boutny

Mr. Ormand, please lie more convincingly.

In any case, back to the matter at hand.

4 Likes

The right price would have been information. Price doesn’t automatically mean isk. Surely you would have considered information a better payment than isk

1 Like