[ARC] Humanitarian Provisions for Triglavian Collective

So, given that we’re talking about CONCORD here, you mean ‘yell at them a lot and insist that they are scum who exist only to serve the whims of the Yulai Powers’?

3 Likes

Possibly. I’m not privy to CONCORD protocols on rescued ship crews.

2 Likes

Though I agree with you, nomistrav, I find it amusing since you have taken the stance that we should be hostile to the triglavians in the past. With the most recent months taken into account i find it amusing that you are now calling for humanitarian aid when in the past you would never consider it. Like I said, though I agree with the message as a whole, ARC could have found someone better to deliver it

3 Likes

Just kill them all and take their Technologies.

1 Like

Information is being shared in a closed environment for now between CONCORD and the signatories and it’s only a matter of time before it will be gradually revealed to the public.
I’m sceptical to this Sisters of EVE proposition and we dont even know that they need any “humanitarian” related aid.

1 Like

Well. It looks like he changed his mind when he got presented with more information about the topic. Maybe you should try that.

8 Likes

I do. Unfortunately very few people do the same

2 Likes

It would seem my words are misconstrued and frequently twisted regardless of context or composition; it would seem that I am doomed to be branded a violent individual regardless. If I am going to constantly be accused of this blind hostility with no heed given to anything else I said, I may very well begin to fit that image.

… and I may very well start with those who create it…

2 Likes

And there need not be evidence of their hostility to assume that we need to bring the offensive to them. As I said, bringing the fight to the Triglavians is a matter of utilitarian necessity. -Nomistrav

And I heavily doubt that the Triglavians are capable of diplomacy. I accept CONCORD at their word for two reasons: 1. They are coming to capsuleers for help. 2. The Triglavian ship that Oveg Drust piloted was heavily damaged - likely from the Triglavians themselves. - Nomistrav

For months now we have undergone constant mundane controversy over the Drifters and now the Triglavians. If you want to play the diplomatic route, do so. No-one will stop you. Do not get in the way of those of us who would serve as the vanguard, though, because we at least offer you the respect of allowing you to attempt your foolhardy ways. -Nomistrav

gee i wonder where we get this crazy idea that you are a violent individual. these quotes are why people find it amusing that you are the one bringing this call for humanitarian aid to any triglavian survivors.

2 Likes

Mr. Ormand, your obsession with ARC and ARC personnel is unseemly.

4 Likes

Obsession, no, your members are simply the ones i find most often are the most contradictory or hypocritical. In this instance, it isnt particularly against ARC, its Nomistrav. overall, i agree with the message, but the person who delivered the message makes it suspect and unlikely to be believed by anyone who would be in any authority to grant your demands

2 Likes

The two aren’t necessarily inconsistent, though.

Sometimes mercy consists of a quick death; sometimes, a strong effort to sustain life, even at substantial cost.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree, it’s all situational, but that isn’t the case here

1 Like

A straight question, then:

Is it Mr. Nomistrav, the person, you have troubles with? Or is it his expressed views?

One of these is easier to change than the other.

2 Likes

Mr. Ormand, you’re witnessing someone struggling with how to best make a difference, to protect life as much as possible. The utilitarian approach he speaks of? It’s born of over a year of tumult and turmoil as he’s witnessed our efforts.

You say very few people change their minds, and that things are situational-- why is this not exactly the thing?

6 Likes

Not entirely both, of course I disagree eith the views, but the person has been very difficult in the past.

1 Like

That may very well be the case, but you don’t attack someone when diplomacy is being tried it can cause more loss of life if the opposing side is significantly more powerful. Having someone say we should attack the triglavians first and then say we should try diplomacy, it is suspect and can compromise any diplomatic efforts. I don’t doubt the triglavians have already hacked the igs and cam see what everyone has said. If you want diplomacy, don’t use someone who has already talked about first strikes to send your message

2 Likes

Oh, how quickly that sword’s edge may turn…

2 Likes

Which is why we’ve proposed that an appropriate agency begin the diplomatic effort.

2 Likes

I was surprised. I assumed you would be a more combative version of your old self, combat as a last resort but still strive for peace. not do a complete 180 like you have appeared to have done and not look for the peaceful resolution until you are told to give a pre planned press release. It’s like you aren’t the same person anymore. You changed so drastically

2 Likes