[ARC] Triglavian forces fighting in known space

Pilots;

At this time, we can confirm that the Sacrilege+Guardian doctrine developed by Mizhir Starsurge is combat effective against Triglavian strike fleets. Despite some close calls in certain situations, we were able to engage heavy concentrations of Triglavian vessels of all sizes for sustained periods, clearing the field. Additional doctrinal development will be occurring as the situation evolves and we expand our continuing combat capability.

Rest and recovery may be concluding, preparatory to a second extended foray into the crisis zone.

As before, pilots interested in undertaking this joint effort are asked to join us via our Galnet comms portal linked here, our Neocom channel ‘Consortium Operations,’ and so on.

Please note that comms discipline and adherence to fleet doctrines is paramount for effective combat operations.

7 Likes

Like many here I wholeheartedly support and praise ARC’s efforts in keeping our spacelanes free from this new threat.

Though at this point one does have to wonder at CONCORD’s ability to hold sovereignty over its own space and keep the civilians inhabiting it safe. Pirate and non-empire faction incursions are becoming increasingly numerous while CONCORD relies ever more on independent capsular support.

Capsular lead militias and fleets, although powerful, have proved somewhat unpredictable in the past. It cannot bode well for the denizens of New Eden that their domestic police forces are incapable of keeping them safe from evolving international threats.

1 Like

Indeed, and as I recall, the recent modernization of their fleets was supposed to make them better respond to the “existential threats”… Though Triglavians weren’t known of at that time, I believe, only the Drifters.

1 Like

At this time, Goonswarm assets are involved in our own conflict in Tribute. When the current conflict resolves, or if Triglavian efforts expand into the theater or Delve, our focus may shift, but for now, strategic interests lie elsewhere.

That said, if anyone sees particularly innovative or disturbing developments, please let me know, so I can keep our military command structure read-in on this.

3 Likes

Remember, pilots.

9 Likes

And of course, the Invasion begins while I’m stuck planetside for some silly clone maintenance surgery… The current invasion zone isn’t far from my corporation’s holdings, we’ll probably be sending task forces within the week.

1 Like

Whatever their reasons for engaging us in this manner, the Triglavians are dedicating quite the force to these invasions. Today ARC-associated fleets attacked several roaming groups of Triglavian ships in Colelie and the surrounding systems. Responses within Colelie were very heavy, with two reinforcing groups of Triglavians usually responding to any given engagement. Anywhere from ten to twenty vessels reinforced engaged groups, and I hope to review the footage of the engagements. We experienced massive success employing their own ships against them, with Drekvacs being effective against the frigates and destroyers, and Leshaks with webbing support quickly dispatching opposing battleships and battlecruisers. There is quite the irony in the enemy being vulnerable to their own weaponry and vessels, though with their cost potentially being prohibitive for some pilots the Sacrilege fleet Makoto mentioned earlier is still very effective.

1 Like

It has certainly been hectic . Looks to me like the Triglavians are still establishing control. Our responses so far have been effective, but appear to have large forces in reserve.

‘Effective’ how? Is there some measurable difference in their operations in space where capsuleers have engaged vs that where they haven’t?

I’m not trying to be disparaging or nit-picky here, I’m just acutely aware that there are some organizations in New Eden that can lose thousands of vessels and not consider that ‘substantial opposition’.

And the Navies are even worse.

1 Like

In this instance, I’d say that effectiveness could be identified by gates in targeted systems routinely being clear of hostiles, despite numerous Triglavian wrecks indicating recent fighting. Or that Zorya’s vessels seemed to be killed rapidly on arrival.

Admittedly, that’s not the best measure, but at the very least it means that we’re forcing them to spend blood. I can only hope that this isn’t adequate material realization of their objective.

2 Likes

Arrendis you are always disparaging and nit-picky.

2 Likes

Right, that’s exactly what concerns me: they’ve been having us blow up their ships by the dozens for months. So if our only way to measure ‘we’re being effective!’ is that we’re blowing up their ships… so what? It clearly didn’t stop them from being able to mount this expedition.

And again, Makoto, I’m sure you’re aware of all this, I’m just explaining why I’m asking for those who might not be.

Effective, adjective. Able to take the worst their advance force-- I’m guessing that’s what this is; CONCORD seems to think so too-- could seem to throw at us, and and defeat it, usually without losses.

It’s not like we took that awful red and black sky away or made that weird false dawn effect disappear. It all still looks like it’s about to become something … worse.

Oh, but Arrendis? You should have SEEN the liminal units! Gods and spirits, how did they do that? They had ships so bristling with disintegrator turrets they looked like ball-bearing or marble collections!

1 Like

Welcome to the community! Don’t get discouraged! I encourage to you to join “consortium operations” channel to help figure out how to combat the Triglavian menance…

1 Like

Well, Aria, that’s why I’m asking what’s meant by ‘effective’. If all we’re doing is slapping at their advance force, we have to assume they knew that would be the case. Hope for the best, plan for the worst, you know? So what’s the worst this could mean? That they’re throwing disposable assets out there for capsuleers to be distracted by?

Why are you arguing with me? I’m not arguing with you. I’m answering your question.

Anyway …

Liminal units!

(Not my shot. Credit to Evi, I think?)

I mean look at that!!

2 Likes

seriously, this. Those things are angry disintegrate-y batteries of badness. They are Things That Should Not Be.

We were taking them down first, with extreme prejudice.

Woven destiny of Mortals,
Sacrificed people,
Burnt to ashes by the Angel of Death,
For a better life is Hoped.

1 Like

Nestors may be a better choice vs Guardians, according to this fleet’s battle report:

1 Like

I’ll remember that you are fools for constantly poking at them like you have.

I hope every single one of you who was involved in ‘diving’ into the Abyss is also going to be defending our space from them now that they’ve come after us.