[ARC] Triglavian forces fighting in known space

Well the exhibition on the station is something to look at; if you haven’t seen it you should. There really is a memorial, it is not “just a name”.

But yes, it was designed set up by private citizens with isk to burn, and so isn’t any kind of “official”, and while it would be a pity to lose it, the people involved can well afford it and if necessary replicate the effort. I doubt the triangles care about it.

4 Likes

It would seem the next wave of Invasion forces has arrived.

Yeah. This being is going to thank everyone who defended New Eden from their first waves.

Why Sonama? Why just 1 invasion?

Sure the surveys were in Amarr space and the invasion were in that area with bleed over into Caldari and Gallente space. But that’s very generalistic and an overly surface level response.

I’m specifically asking if anyone did anything in depth post-invasion. Such as:
Did the Invasion correspond to the points of the triangle?
Where they full contained inside the triangle?
Were all of the survey system in invasion space?

Or was none of this accurate and beyond sharing the general Empire area there is no clear cut causation or linkage between systems surveyed and the initial foothold invasions?

Are we missing something by just brushing it off at such a surface level, that there may be more intel to be garnered such as next phase of the invasion, future targets, that the surveys are unrelated to the invasion and maybe are precursor to some stellar event to larger invasion actions or true holding of space.

I can admit I may be looking for something that’s not there. But I suspect it’s worth looking at least, and was asking if anyone had yet. My concern is the amount of battlefield prep and surveillance is not commensurate with the response we’ve seen so far. So was this a larger scale proving? Is there tactical commander inept from lack of actual battlefield experience? Is there something else up their sleeve?

Sorry I have to go - I apologize for being questions and not answers. By my first mate is telling me it’s time to undock if we’re to be on time. I won’t have GalNet access again for over a week likely, making it difficult to actually contribute or research the answers myself.

Triglavian forces have repositioned again. New central systems are at Orvolle and Askonak.

Pay attention at Orvolle. Very big fleets have been spotted at perimeter systems.

OOC

New roleplayer, have patience with me, please!:fearful::pleading_face:

I realize that I’m new here and obviously not as experienced in how the galaxy works as the rest of you, but amidst all of this speculation about why the Triglavians are invading I find it rather odd that no one has thought to ask the damn Triglavian. @Perun_Clade_Koschoi may or may not be pranking the lot of us and it’s a toss-up on whether or not we’ll get an answer, but I see no harm in requesting information from them.

First off, I apologize if the meaning of my words are unclear to you. I’ll try to acquire a translation matrix or create my own if you have any difficulty understanding me.

Now, if you don’t mind, I would appreciate more details about these statements you’ve made here.

Zorya Triglav explained to us that the “Ancient Enemy Azdaja” (Drifters), “Deviant Automata” (Rogue Drones) that do not “conform”, and “Corrupted Narodnya” (Sansha’s nation) must be extirpated, but unless I am sorely mistaken none of the capsuleers in this forum are Drifters or Rogue Drones and any supporters of Sansha’s Nation are an extreme minority.

If something within inhabited space that doesn’t fit into any of these three categories “requires” extirpation, then what is it? Why does it need extirpation? Why shouldn’t we fight your attempts to extirpate it?

Furthermore, who or what is the convocation? What lead the Triglavians to begin this invasion? Is there anything we can do to convince them to stop?

I also have a personal theory about the “why” of this invasion, and I’d like to present it to the members of this forum. If @Perun_Clade_Koschoi decides to comment on it as well, I’d appreciate the feedback, regardless if it’s to confirm or debunk my theory.

From what was said in the message that appeared on billboards several months back, Triglavians appear to believe that those who “prove their fitness” (apparently via combat) will be “glorified”.

Whether this simply means those who prove their fitness gain renown for their victories, or if there’s some deeper meaning to the phrase is unclear to me, but the next statement was what caught my attention. “Triglav outside the struggle will be glorified anew” sounds like Zorya Triglav was explaining how they approved(?) of ships from New Eden entering “the Struggle” (Abyssal Deadspace) and that the Triglavians were preparing to send their own ships into K-space.

If my theory is correct, this entire invasion is basically the Triglavians engaging in grand-scale gladiatorial combat in K-space, with New Eden as the arena! Each battle is essentially a tournament bout and stress test combined into one, with the ones who rise to the challenge and overcome their opponents thus “proving their fitness” (to live/exist/something more?) and winning glory (and loot!) by doing so!

Am I completely off-base here, or did Zorya Triglav declare a grudge match with New Eden and we didn’t actually realize it until now because the meaning got lost in translation?!

1 Like

You have killed them without mercy , you have hunted them and looted them ,with your genocidal death squads Makoto .

You and your organisation are the greatest criminals the State has ever known for committing acts of genocide crimes against humanity .

Do you just kind of hurl random stuff and hope somebody actually listens, pilot?

1 Like

What are you talking about Aria ? You been breathing in the mindflood again , thought you told everyone you had stopped that .

@Valiran_Teleros

So … the thought you’re having isn’t totally new or outrageous, pilot.

As far as we can tell, the Triglavians do (or did?) encourage us to dive the Abyss to engage in their tests. Those “provings” are basically tests of mettle, and rewarded with resources-- the rewards for “glorification,” I guess.

The invasions seem to be something else. The invading forces are fiercely aggressive; they really do act like scouting parties ahead of a potential invasion, scanning local facilities and resources; marking (maybe-- the purposes of the markings they leave around stations and citadels are unclear) potential strategic targets; hitting targets of opportunity. They engage with no visible sense of proportion or fair play; unlike the ones in their “provings” even their strongest combat ships arrive on the field undamaged and reinforce one another freely, sometimes building rapidly into seriously frightening forces.

The feel of them is very different. If the invasion is a “proving,” it’s being done at the level of civilizations: a test of our society, as a whole, by theirs. At absolute minimum, it’s a test of the capsuleer class. But it’s quite possible that it’s an attempt at an ideological purge, instead.

Some of ARC’s recent work on materials recovered from the “world ark” construction sites in the Abyss suggested that the Triglavians are revolted by the tolerance capsuleers show for “perverse ideology,” such as support for the “hivelinked” Sansha’s Nation or … well, they haven’t specified which others they object to, actually. They’re not alone in that; plenty of capsuleers, especially younger ones but even some who are very experienced, are horrified by how mortal enemies will chatter blithely away here or in The Summit or IGS channels. It seems like it can take a while for it to sink in that we’re all sort of pseudo-immortals who basically can’t properly kill each other, and whatever our ideals or loyalties we’ve got more in common with each other than we do with baseline humanity, so, well, other capsuleers are often worth talking to, even if we’d shoot at each other if we met.

That doesn’t sit well with everyone; it definitely doesn’t seem to sit well with the Triglavians, and they seem to likely be invading to try to, well, change this. I’m not sure they understand us well enough to see how hard that’s going to be (which is also a big part of the background for the phenomenon in the first place).

I guess we’ll see what they have in mind maybe a little more clearly once they start following up on all the scouting they’ve been doing.

@TomHornReloaded

Usually it’s Standard Crash, actually, for missile marksmanship while diving the Abyss. I also carry a dose of Standard Blue Pill and an Agency Pyrolancea for emergencies. People make jokes, but, it’s pretty important if I’m going to bring my ship and crew home safe. Right now, though, I’m only maybe a third of a way into my first glass of wine and my head’s plenty clear.

Your argument doesn’t make any sense. You’re talking about moving against highly-aggressive military units that have been invading your beloved State, as “genocide.” You’re a Templis Dragonaur sympathizer if not an actual member, right? Shouldn’t you be maybe a little concerned about an actual, literal foreign invasion of State space, instead of accusing people doing something about it of war crimes?

1 Like

I was talking about the actions of these death squads , before these highly agressive military units had invaded the State .

Considering Makoto is a Caldari and the mastermind behind the genocide , i guess there actions are reasonable . You and your kind are guilty of crimes against humanity Aria .

You would like the help of a former supporter of the Heth regime ?

The State and i no longer see eye to eye , until there is a wind of change where my comrades and i are no longer classed as terrorists and criminals for being patriots . As of now we are no longer considered as part of the State by the many , and we are not . We live our lives in low 0.0 sec space .

Ahaha no.

I mean, I’d work with you on this just like I work with Electus Matari, because some things are more important, but no, I don’t really like the idea of your help, Mr. Horn.

A return to the historical normal. It’s been encouraging to see.

As for your purported “genocide,” the Triglavians seem to have literally invited us in themselves, and even gone literally, not figuratively, to the trouble of pre-damaging not only their own Leshaks but also dangerous, hostile-to-Triglavians units such as Scylla and Karybdis-class Drifters.

Are you maybe conflating Hive operations with Abyss dives?

Anyway, please feel free to stay put while we find out what the Triglavians mean by “perverse ideologies” and what they plan to do about them. I mean, it’s totally possible that they’re including stuff like belief in the Amarrian God or that they interpret “freedom” the same way Ms. Kim does. But, it’s at least as likely-- and, actually I hope it’s true-- that what they’re objecting to are the true outliers. Sani Sabik … EoM … Sansha’s Nation …

… you.

Please feel free to sit inactive while they prepare their purge. I’m really curious whether it’ll work.

2 Likes

Honestly, this guy’s worse than the other Caldari borderline-fanatic who hates Priano… who shall not be named here.

You refer to a certain Eiiden Honivula, a former megacorp salaryman (now retired) who was bested during a managerial presentation when Miss Priano asked some pointed but observant questions about how the supply chain management model he was defending might be outdated (or at least too industry neutral for their operations) and responsible for production delays caused by poorly-timed acquisition orders to vendors and, after an outside consulting firm was hired to give an independent review confirming her assessment, Mister Honivula was passed over for promotion that year?

To this very day his hatred compels him to have pretend arguments in an imaginary replica of that very conference room, in his mind conjuring the optimum retorts to her inquiries so that he might prevail with the management but, alas, even his phantom rebuttals fall short.

But he did take up boating later in life and has a real passion for it, so that’s nice.

4 Likes

I figured as much, but didn’t see anything to lose in asking our resident Triglavian personally. To my knowledge, no one has done that yet.

That makes far more sense than I wish it did. When I first read descriptions of some of the stunts capsuleers got up to I distinctly remember pondering just what manner of narcotics were being fed to whoever’s handing out certifications, because holy frak these people are a bunch of psychopaths!

How’s that old saying go? Ah, yes: “Stupidity is not a survival trait. Oh. Dammit. We’re immortal.”

I hope they realize that we’re not all alike. I mean yeah, capsuleers tended to fall on a spectrum ranging between cold-blooded resource optimization that would make any Caldari worth the name burst with pride and “how do I sell a hangar full of corpses?”, but barring a handful of particularly depraved individuals even capsuleers draw the line at allying with Sansha Kuvakei!

If the Triglavians annihilated Sansha’s Nation then every system from Deklein to Omist would spontaneously break out in a party the likes of which hasn’t been seen since god-knows-when. My primary concern is what they’re using to pick their targets and what parameters make someone/something a target in the first place. From what I’ve seen they may actually be more tolerant in some respects than the vast majority of K-space, but until we learn what they consider sufficient justification to kill over I’m not going to rest easy.

:no_mouth:

Wow. That’s a special combination of amusing, disturbing, and just plain sad. At least he’s still functional, from the sound of it. I’ve read descriptions of people who weren’t so lucky.:confounded:

1 Like

Wait, was Aria ever really a mindflood abuser?

Δ Proving brings glory to those that are not extirpated Δ The Convocation has deemed it fit join in force Δ We were but the Vanguard Δ

I have a friend who’s tempted that way. He’s not a bad person, but I think his heart’s been so broken by this world that he can’t see past a sort of generalized haze of horror.

Actually, now that I think about it … Nation is sort of the ultimate in enforced pacifism. It attracts those so appalled at the horrors of war that no sacrifice seems too great to end it for good.

The Triglavians … it seemed at first that “hivelinking” technology troubled them for its own sake, but now I wonder if it’s the technology of “hivelinking” they object to or whether it’s the ideology that technology enables.

They wouldn’t be the first to believe that violent struggle produces strength. Maybe it’s those of us who dream of a lasting peace that they consider “perverse.”

2 Likes