ARENA: All previously expressed concerns addressed

This is not a rhetorical but earnest question since I am not familiar: How was it nerfed?

Non consensual PvP was nerfed by increases of costs to wardecs and the introduction of the very one sided ally mechanic. Also the introduction of suspect flag and overhaul of kill rights making you a global target when activated compared to only being vulnerable to the player or corp you ‘wronged’. That’s not even including the nerfs to ninja looting.

But back to your complaints of the lack of 1v1’s. Thats not how a sandbox works. Eve isn’t a 1v1 game. It’s a sandbox.

An equivalent is me complaining i can’t invite 100 friends onto a MOBA match and rofl stomp the enemy. Thats MY playstyle so is everyone being selfish for not letting me do that in MOBA’s? Or am i just expecting the wrong thing from the wrong game?

I’d say demanding i get my way in a game it doesn’t belong is more selfish than finding a game that suits the way i want to do things.

You can get 1v1’s in eve everynow and then, but they aren’t guaranteed. And nor should they be. That’s what a sandbox is all about. That’s what eve is all about.

Basically ‘non-consensual’ pvp was nerfed by putting some consequences and non-consent on the type-a douchbros that like to inflict their predatory pvp on others.

Your argument about how it would spell the end is nonsensical. It would have to be popular to have the effect you fear. If not, you would get the opposite, where the sandbox drained everyone out of the arena back into the game. Or, the most likely, you would reach a balance.

In the end, your complaints amount to a hostage situation, where people who would much enjoy a different aspect of the game are forced to play your way or no way at all.

That doesn’t really sound like a nerf, more like a balance. ‘Oh no people have the opportunity to shoot back at me now after I gank someone’. Grow some testes, really.

As for the rest, congrats on the start-from-square-one reiteration when you just cant assimilate the next level of argument.
The underlying mechanic and reason EVE can incorporate an arena is that is IS a sandbox. I gave clear examples of how this would be incorporated last message. This is the ‘meta’ I was referring to earlier that Keno stole like a raccoon making off with a shiny object. It is a shame you all cant or wont really grasp it.

I hear and read there used to be alot more 1v1-- at plexes or even open space-- before things degenerated so severely,. That used to be eve. Now we simply ask some of it be reinstated. We’d like EVE to not be completely taken over by douchebros. (shamelessly stolen from Mike, this time appropriately)

I don’t think you understand these terms. Nor the implications of what happened. Too busy getting salty. You also don’t seem to understand what a sandbox is.

Same bad idea from the same ignorant bunch.

having people buy ships at a reduced price or whatever rent-a-ship you got going REALLY flies in the face of some of EVE’s core gameplay. the idea of risk and building the ship from raw materials. The idea of having a concentrated place for people to have wholesome fights seem cool, but the whole part about buying discounted ships sounds like an economic sucker punch that noone is going to provide support for

1 Like

If you like to PvP more, gank less. People will be a lot less risk averse if they can replace their losses easily. One’s ability to put assets at risk or to take “unwinnable” fights decreases with the ammount of isk they can earn consistently.

No Silly Arena thing that will mess with core principles like production will change that.

I’ll go one step further and say: If you don’t consider hunting targets “content”, then you are playing the wrong game for PvP.

1 Like

Arena.

Over your dead, frozen corpse.

• An arena is good.
  • An arena is bad.

0 voters

I thought long and hard about this poll. I wantes it to be clear and understood at face value.

I’m guessing you just wanted the hilarity of seeing the entire toxic usership of the forums shout it down?

I bet we wouldn’t be toxic if we agreed with you.

2 Likes

I just wanted a binary system to see how people felt. Words are over rated.

Hard to say. The people I agree with generally aren’t toxic, so there is that.

However, I don’t measure toxicity by how much you agree with me. I measure it by how much you enjoy inflicting pain on others.

How surprising this result is!

*throws pink, glittery cotton balls at you*

DIE!!! DIE!!!111

What a surprise. Same here.

Thanks for the idea Nico, but I think we already know how the folks on this thread feel. What is needed is an eve-wide referendum.
Words are overrated only if the people using them dont care/understand they should represent real things, which is most ppl unfortunately.

Luckett: This is a valid point of contention. I’ve already conceded multiple times on full-price ships if that works better for everyone. Do you understand arena ships would be constructed and destroyed as normal? (not trying to be condescending)
IF we go reduced cost, that is a one-time for-arena-use only thing. It is possible that industry may take a hit, though its also possible it would be negligible or even increase. More PvP = more destroyed stuff. eg; If a player flies around in 1 ship for 3 days and finally loses it, that is equal to him losing 3 of those ships at 1/3 price every day.
Personally I think I would lose 10x more ships than I do otherwise.

Mingja: You seem anti-arena, but everything you’ve said is consistent with pro-arena. A ‘silly arena thing’ wont mess w any production or core principles.
It’s obvious people are really having difficulty understanding a full-cost arena would be almost impossible to detriment economy, only stimulate it. The only question is reduced cost, see above.
I certainly do consider hunting and roaming and lots of other things ‘content’ and I do them. Another reason arena <> apocalypse.

Solecist: yes, that’s the point :wink: Please come make my corpse frozen in the arena. Otherwise guess what? Wont happen because I simply have better things to do than get blobbed by your gang.

I voted “No” but I don’t think an Arena would be bad in general, just the proposed implementation. An Ingame Arena that’s established by players (and therefore open to disruption by other players) sounds like a hell lot of fun.

Just imagine some doodes fighting their match when a hostile fleet jumps in to spoil the fun, or some cloaky alts trying to manipulate the fight to manipulate the odds in their favor. Would be interesting to see how that develops. :slight_smile:

mingja, kind of pointless then, no? we all know thats exactly what would happen instantly, as people are so starved for content.