Ares Backwards Game Play

You are missing the point that you CAN defend against bumping with just a couple of other ships travelling with you. If you don’t want to try bumping the bumpers then there is another method to escape that you can employ by using just 2 accompanying ships…

Have someone in fleet with you that is flying an interceptor or fast frigate… Another person with you with a couple of webs.
Bumpers will usually try pushing you in one direction - it’s easier for them to do and coordinate. Quick look at where they are pushing you, align in the direction they want you to go and have the fast ship fly off >150km in that direction… your other pal webs you and you warp to the small ship - couple of webs, even on a freighter, is almost insta warp.

Typical ganker response. Spin it around and blame the victim for flying juicy targets…when it’s widely known that empty freighters get ganked just for the lols…

3 Likes

And the km

Regardless, in the current mechanic, the defenders become suspect and I think you are just trying to argue that there is no imbalance knowing full well, there is and it is in your best interest to continue to argue for the current paradigm.

2 Likes

No one becomes suspect in either of the two options I have suggested

I wasn’t responding to you, I was responding to his question about why the mechanic should stay.

Keep up. This explains why instead of actually learning how to play the game effectively, you are here spamming the forum with your buttsores.

I’ll stick by my earlier claim, that the bumping you are so desperate to have changed, isn’t driving new players away from the game (a claim in your previous whinefest). Your corp is, because your leadership simply doesn’t have the skills to lead anyone and instead of learning, you are whining here instead.

So now, because I am not responding the way you want, you resort to another red herring with insults. GG

You actually responded with nothing tangible in the response whatsoever, try to stick to the bumping topic and not insulting others. It makes and ass of everyone.

2 Likes

Unfortunately no, I’m not a ganker… I have been ganked a couple of times, but I simply believe that the solution to the problem is there in game already without resorting to changing a mechanic that works as intended.

Stop bringing rubbish, factually incorrect information to the forum and having your allies spammed by evemail to come defend you.

You’ve bought the game to the forum, so don’t complain when we play the metagame back at you.

Learn how to play rather than bring lies and easily proven wrong information to threads here. There’s enough BS in the forums regularly, without more coming from an incompetent corp/alliance leadership that just fails to learn how to play the game, while taking on new players they can’t teach.

Your leadership is the cause of the loss of your new players. That’s on your guys, not marmite or any other wardec group. You and the other leaders that have several years play in this game and are still unable to teach new players how to operate in a war. You’re happy to accept the taxes they bring in, but not to actually help them.

Bumping can lead to ganking eventually, but not all bumping is ganking. You eluding to the fact that all ships are capable to escape the bump, which again is not true. Additionally, if the bumper and ganker like the game play so much what does it matter if their safety net is removed. Reality, it actually making it more realistic and balancing the game play. Bumpers are not sanctioned by CCP they are not privateers or legal pirates, so why should the mechanic support that?

2 Likes

I personally think the issue is that the core of the games 3d engine cannot handle more complicated positioning systems. You cannot rotate your ship on its side for example. And tracking is nothing like you would find in real space for an orbiting gun platform. So unless they rewrite core code bumping has to stay for the game to even function.

1 Like

First of all don’t tell me what to do, I can do as I please. Second, its only rubbish to you because your safety net is at stake. If it were not, you would not continue to attack me, my thoughts or the corporation. There is something at stake for you. Now lets get back to the topic which is the bumping mechanic. If you can’t add legitimate reason on how it is balanced, bugger off. If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem. You can’t have real conversation with people that are constantly hostile. Which you seem to follow me from post to post.

1 Like

The best approach is not to be bumped in the first place and your whole crusade is bad for competent players, especially the competent haulers in the game, because it serves to remove the advantage they have from being good at what they do - getting stuff from A to B without being ganked.

As someone that hauls through highsec regularly, don’t make the game easier for me. The challenge that bumping brings, provides challenge to success as a hauler and as someone that takes getting stuff from A->B seriously, leave the advantage I have alone.

Don’t further erode the risks and challenges the game brings. There’s already been too much of that in recent years. Just learn to play effectively.

Now see that is a decent response to the problem.

Much more realistic would simply be to add damage to bumps that take place outside of a specified timeframe from undocking and not when in a fleet between fleet members. Damage equal to both the bumper and the bumped and scaled to mass of the ships involved. It would still stop warping etc as currently does, but would place a element to risk to the bumper. Could lead to some nice new tactics where ships could use mass increasing modules to make their bumps more effective and possibly even reduce the remaining HP of a target for a gank.

1 Like

Again with the factually incorrect rubbish, made on the basis of assumption because you simply can’t understand how someone else, who doesn’t bump in highsec, can actually prefer a challenging game than a themepark.

We don’t need the game to be continuously pushed towards cottom ball wrapped characters that can’t make mistakes.

Keep the game hard and challenging.

2 Likes

We have no idea how much legacy code is still being used so they very well may have to remake the 3d part of the game from scratch to fix bumping. It could be a massive undertaking.

That would be a realistic alternative as well. Damage is a real thing, it should be in EVE as well. The bigger the ship the less damage it takes. Makes sense.

1 Like

More mass doesn’t always mean bigger ship… the physics could be quite interesting - a suicide high mass frigate hitting a cargo expanded freighter could result in destruction of the frig but huge damage to the larger ship…

Not cotton ball at all as you elude, it actually natural consequences. You can try to dissuade from that fact all you want, but, you do know that there currently is no natural consequence. Children learn natural consequences usually. I guess it eludes some people, in the cotton ball world.

1 Like