Assault ship changes

Its not a shield ship because that would make sense… It would be crazy if the race description of ships actually matched the hulls.

I may exaggerate at times but one can notice very quickly. However I do not make stuff up.

I am not sure that the cap pool, or agility are particularly problems. And you are correct that the most commonly used/ general fits will not be skipping along at 4km/s. But, it will have its place (albeit a very small one).

I think the wolf not being an armor boat is a good thing. It follows the general theme of Minmatar boats, which is some are shield and some are armor. If the issue you have is that the Wolf’s resistance profile is not relevant in the current meta, then maybe you should campaign for a change there? Resistance changes create a smaller work order than a total ship overhaul (which would be necessary to convert it to a reasonable shield tanker).

1 Like

I hope I’m understanding this right, and you’re going to make the Jaguars high slots all launchers. If so really hyped for this. I chose Minmatar as my faction and missiles as my weapon system of choice. With focusing on core skills associated to flying Minmatar frigates with missiles with any effect, kinda leaves me with only one choice, the Breacher. To fly other faction ships and weapons I would have to rainbow my skill learning, which apparently is the worst thing to do in this game, and advice I’ve taken seriously from the community. Really hoping I’m right and I can start to learn the Assault frigate skills and be able to utilise all the time/SP spent focusing on missiles skills. 07

because the capacity bonus plays havoc with automatic fitting. AFs are buffed its not a question of whether the ishkur is buffed, its a question of whether its more significantly powerful than other AFs or outside of its role, which can’t possibly be clear at this point (and seems unlikely).

2 Likes

She isn’t. Tried it last night. If you look closely, you see no drone damage but an hp and tracking bonus which makes an incredible effective drone defense. But in a sense, the Ishkur is just a turret boat, like the Enyo.

I wish a few more people would realize that assault frigates are not meant to be better at faction warfare or a frigate blobb, they aren’t.
But when you go way up in ship class, you are able to pin battleships.

The problem is they are almost the same cost as T3D and yet way weaker.

1 Like

i dont think the cost matters much and i dont think its fair to compare them to t3ds
i just think they need a unique niche role
they need to be an annoying harrasser and then it doesnt matter if t3ds are stronger
kinda like stealth bombers
theyre just t2 frigs but they are a high prioroty to destroy on the field
afs should be the same

1 Like

anyone can come up with a million and one new roles for afs too
some of them are pretty good ideas
theres no shortage of possible roles for them maybe ccp just lacks the imagination to find a role for them
personally i would like to see them as rep drainer ships
like they are super tanky because they can just drain reps from other larger ships
like if a bs is repping the af can drain 20% of the reps for itself
or if it is getting remote reps then the af can drain 20% of remote reps from the ship
this makes them pretty important ships on the field and makes them a high priority to destroy

2 Likes

What about a null field :] no remote repair possible to anyone within 5km of an Af :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

that might be a bit too op lol but yeah something like that is the right direction

1 Like

And now I don’t want to ever fly one again.

you can say that about logi stealth bombers and abcs
its not a new thing

Indeed.

Hey did I ever tell you that I saw a toddler on a Lil’ Tykes tricycles go over 300mph?
Well ok, I saw a guy on a tricycle going 30mph…
Well ok, it was really Lance Armstrong on a custom made multigear bicycle…
Well ok, what really happened is a guy I know told me HE saw Lance Armstrong…

:rofl:

1 Like

Booh! Latest news:

The assault damage control now only give +75% resistance across the board and the t2 went down to 15 seconds.
Speaking of borderline useless…

Don’t see how +75% on top of T2 resist is useless.

15s - Would honestly be fine with as low as 7-8s if the cooldown is reduced as well.
I’d rather be able to use it more often than have the enemy bait the ADC then burst you down all the same after the duration has ended.

Factually, yes, it is true. I know darn well that the formula includes thrust over mass. My point was that if you increase the base velocity by a certain multiplier, which for the Jaguar is 7.59 with all 5s and a Quad LiF 5MN MWD, the max velocity will still get multiplied by 7.59.

So now the Wolf instead of going 2564m/s goes 3234m/s, and the Jaguar goes from 2711 to 3075. Meanwhile all the other AFs are still going ~2650-2750 even after the changes.

Before any potential mass changes and after looking at the max velocities of even the slowest interceptors, I feel a little better about the AF speed buffs. But I think the Jaguar is too fast compared to the rest of the AFs, and the Wolf is that much faster again. That one especially needs to be brought down.

Glad to hear that you are (now) only concerned about the speed of minmi AF relative to other AF’s.

The portion of your post which I originally called you out on was a comparison of minmi AF to interceptors…based solely on the no-active-prop speed. Which is rediculous since the mass of inties is so much lower and therefore speed much higher when under MWD.

Thats the whole reason why I asked if you knew a lot of inties that tooled around with out MWD.

And a high base speed still does not equalte to a high modified speed since you can have a high base speed and a ■■■■-ton of mass (making it slower than a ship with a lower base speed).

The rest of the Af’s need their speed buffed much closer to the jag and wolf instead of the jag and wolf nerfed, the jag’s dps needs to be brought up as well to match the rest of the Af’s, atm with the Jag’s speed + 66dps for light missiles with no bcu or rig you might as well use an interceptor to do the same job as kiting with a AF is more than likely going to end up with you being scramed. If CCP wants to make AF’s viable they still need more buffs they are still too weak to match against other ships. If this is the balance point where AF’s are going to stay it would be more optimal to extract AF skill points and put it elsewhere.

It’s good that they brought the resistance on ADC’s down while active because being invulnerable is a little broken. but at the same time I wish they would then at least bring the passive numbers up to match a normal DCU2.

Jag%20Kite

The jag gets wrecked in the kitey frig world no ways will it stand a chance, jags missiles wont even reach the garmur they will reach the end of their burn way before it even gets close.

I think the game has moved on so far assault frigates cannot be tweeted.

CCP need to go back to the bare tech 1 hulls and build from there.

If they go for an assault DCU make it an ability of the hull itself and bin the module. However I would perfer to see an ewarfare/ neut resistance so they are a more resilient tackle and anti ewar ship ie get in close and stay there. Slower than an interceptor but more staying power.

Dps should never be less than 200 on any assault frigate but I would not mind seeing higher e.g 400 with worse tracking to balance out against smaller hills.

2 Likes