Assault ship changes

yeah its fast but why switch its role to a missile boat
it already worked fine as a shield arty bout
extra speed is welcome
but why switch it to missiles

why there is nothing wrong with their dps
they all have a style
jag had a nice style already

Jag%20Kite Nothing wrong with dps (sarcasm):stuck_out_tongue: but yes id give anything for a gun boat with 4 guns and shields.

i meant previously with arty
thats a missile fit and i dont like the idea of missile jag
besides i cant see what launchers or ammo youre using in that pic

all im saying is missile jag is a bad way to go
the arty jag was a playstyle many players enjoyed
and now we have a jag that steps on hawk toes for no reason
while former jag pilots are left high and dry

if anything jag should get tracking bonuses to supplement the arty and bonus to shield hp
to supplement passive shield fit

1 Like

Bonus to shield hp + falloff + damage + Tracking, 4 turrets and it would have been amazing :slight_smile:, since falloff supports auto and arty instead of just one.

1 Like

Mate, the assault frigates are not in competition with regular frigates. They are supposed to be hard tackle for larger targets.

arty wolf. There is no rule that says, you cannot kite with armor fit.

true but there is a rule that says this is destroying the identity of the jag and the hawk for no reason

See last September I said the Hawk need something different than the minmatar-like shield booster bonus.
Hereā€™s a novel idea that should be more Caldari for the Hawk

-7.5% shield regeneration per level and move one mid to the lows

They need to give the jag at lease one more launcher slot, though two would be better. It has less DPS that T1 frigs. I know the opinion here is itā€™s a ā€˜fleet-assetā€™ Iā€™m a solo pvp indie player, who chose Minmatar and missiles to skill. The only option I have thatā€™s effective for solo pvp is the duel rep Breacher. I was hyped that the Jaguar was getting missiles/rockets giving me another option, plus a step up in class for my play style, only to find it has less DPS, and, I would have to use it pretty much the same as a Breacher, with the duel reps, making its weapon tank. Disappointing man.

1 Like

Screenshot%20(24)

The only way for a solo pvp pilot like me can use this. AB bonus and extra1/2 launcher slots are needed and CPU buff. And a partridge in a pear tree lolScreenshot%20(26)

1 Like

No, it means youā€™re not dead just because you see a nosfe on you. You can probably still shoot thankā€™s to that bonus even if you probably wonā€™t be able to keep holding point and maybe even prop.

How many more mid slots does a boat have to have to be a more obvious shield boat with a shield booster bonus?

Consider flying a Succubus instead.

I love you guys so much and even more when nobody reads what I write or you would know that the bonuses on jaguar do not apply correctly at the moment.

2 Likes

Yip feels weird to duel tank the new jag, but I guess thatā€™s how the breacher was flown, although with same dps and slightly more tank, why would people spend a lot more isk for a tiny improvement not to mention you canā€™t enter novices with the jag. Iv noticed a lot of people are not using the utlity high on their fits for the jag is it becuase there isnā€™t enough fitting or that they would rather stay further out than the 7.5km range on nos/neut. Smart bomb might work to counter small drones but again fitting requirements. I do like how your fit only needs 1 cpu rig all mine have at least 2 fitting modā€™s. I feel that what we are saying here will be read by CCP Rise as he really does care, but I donā€™t think there is any time for changes so what we are saying here might all be vain :/. Wouldnā€™t mind if CCP only release structure changes next patch and give more time to polishing Assault frigs/Hacā€™s as they really do deserve more time spent bringing them back into the game.

I remember the days when Hacā€™s where used to counter large arty fleets and capā€™s, but I think these days any fighter would have 0 problems tracking Hacā€™s and T3Cā€™s still have a lot more ehp/damage the ADC does a decent job at upping survivability but, I wouldnā€™t mind seing lower signitures on Hacā€™s Compared to T3Cā€™s It would allow them a different fighting style to T3Cā€™s for fleets might even 100mn fit them to up the signature strat a bit more. Now that I think about it wouldnā€™t it be really fun to have a more fun bonus for Hacā€™s allowing them to fit 100mn AB easier with a -50% fitting cost for propulsion mods and then have a -mass on them as well so that they can turn a little easier with over-sized prop mods would be very interesting but maybe a little to op not sure would have to test thou.

1 Like

Who said a ship has to be a garmur counter to be good.

Thatā€™s not how EVE blancing works.

No was only using it as reference, not saying it has to counter it just showing that the Jag is not good as a kiting ship which was suggested earlier by a few people with reference to the speed + missile bonus, to me itā€™s much more suited as a mwd scram tackle ship, but as a scram tackle ship it is lacking on damage, unless its only purpose was meant for fleet tackle in which case damage is irrelevant, but then again it has enough midā€™s for ewar so maybe the point is to lower incoming damage meh will have to do more tests to see.

Another thing is the old jag could get around 700 tracking with the smallest guns which was pretty good at killing drones without the need of a web, with web and rockets the drones donā€™t die anywhere near as fast :confused: maybe if it had more fitting for a small smart bomb as well it might work out thou.

Not happy with the Retribution changeā€¦ The tracking bonus is critical due to the slow nature of the shipā€¦ I donā€™t see how this is beneficialā€¦ Maybe itā€™s not meant to beā€¦

1 Like

Would be nice if hawk got like +20cpu so I donā€™t have to be the only AF that uses fitting rigs to just do its job.

1 Like

I read, I can only going go with ā€˜as it stands ATMā€™ on SiSi.