Attention counsil memebers!

What does this do other than make it easier for me to profit more off killing my alt for his bounties besides waste some of my time training more skills?

Bounties in nullsec?. They have there own way of gettin revenge out there. This just sounds silly.

So we go from bounties bein useless to bounties being a way to deter people from exploring other areas of space and useless. The bounty system needs to be removed to clean up useless unused code so we can finally let this horse and Jimmy Hoffa rest in piece.

1 Like

i said keep the current system. size and worth of the ship only goes into part of the payout process.
and right now theres nothing stopping you from claiming bounties on your alt. you can go out acrue a bunch of bounties put your alt in a rattle and kill him. and get a %. but you won’t make enough money to replace that rattle in the long run. adding skills to add a little more payout only makes it profitable if your going after many bounties.

and that was just a suggesting it doesn’t necessarily have to be that way. because your right your not really going to get kill rights in nullsec.

and how the he** do you get people no longer wanting to explore? people don’t explore nullsec just because of how brutal it is. and people don’t really “explore” all that much anyways.

The deadspace loot market begs to differ.

still what i’m proposing will not keep people from exploring.

Sure it will. Under your system the people exploring nullsec and getting bountied are now huntable in hisec just because they went on a daytrip to score some isk.

no because like i said bounties can only be placed when certain criteria are met. aka where you would normally get a killright you would instead get the option to place a bounty. and since you don’t get killrights in nullsec there is no reason to place bounties in nullsec. idk why i have to keep saying this to people. i am simply throwing things out there. and your right there would be no way bounties would even be placed in null sec. but that one thing doesn’t invalidate the rest of it. so yes it was a bad idea i’ll take it out.

Personally what I would do with bounties is:

1. Anyone can place bounties on anyone. Leave it like it is now.

2. Instead of having to grind faction standings (nobody likes to grind), set up a LICENSE that can be purchased from NPC’s with ISK. License details:

2a. License lets hunter attack people with bounties, no Concord, for 1 week, similar to non-renewable war declaration.

2b. Bounty Hunter appears red to all valid targets (war enemy), so targets can attack bounty hunter on sight, too.

2c. At CCP’s discretion, they can have different ISK price tiers for the license, based on being able to hunt people with small / LOL bounties (10 million), 100 million bounties, 1B bounties, bountied corps (anyone in the corp), alliances, etc. The ISK cost of the bounty license should be an ISK sink.

2d. For a second ISK sink, let people with bounties on their heads pay an NPC the sum of the bounty to remove the bounty. You got 100 million on your head, pay 100 million and the bounty is gone (200 million removed from the economy).

Congratulations, your idea just let people destroy highsec incursion, mission running with any bling, and hauling

1 Like

So…win win?

Not really, no.

But it is requires thinking about more than just the primary effect, which puts it past many people

Well i mean if you haven’t played the game in a while your opinion (while not worthless) is worth less than someone who is up to date with how the game works. Go for it, but you will still need to tell us what the idea is so we can check it out sooner or later :eyes:

I was trying to make funny.

Yes, I agree with you though. OP is stupid and should feel bad. If his idea was implemented I would have lots of fun with it, though, at least for a few weeks until the targets dried up.

Bounties are a tough nut to crack. You can brainstorm all you want, but at least from what I heard no-one came up with a viable mechanic that could not be either exploited or used for endless griefing.

1 Like

I love seeing ideas brainstormed, honest.

But please put your idea through the following filters.

1. Can I use it to make a profit as the person being bountied ie in the old system killing myself with an alt.
  2. Can I use it to make it easy to kill haulers and incursion runners. A purchasable license to kill?
  3. Does it involve rewriting all of the Code that makes eve eve?

Look I agree the idea of bounties is cool but if the mechanics cannot be worked out better than the current one then perhaps we should leave it be.

m

2 Likes

As weird as this still feels, I once again am with Mike. Those three points are reasonable criteria, and I have yet to see a proposal that that doesn’t fail on at least one of them. Just leave it be, and let the players handle this. We don’t need a game mechanic for everything.

fake edit: I would even modify 1. To say “can the person being bountied remove the bounty with an alt at little or no cost?”, as even if they don’t profit from it, if they get paid out as much or almost as much as they lose, then there’s little point in having a bounty system in the first place. And this alone makes a game mechanic for bounty hunting pretty much impossible in a game where every loss can be replaced with enough ISK.

Requiring a couple SP or standings to do this isn’t really a hindrance, especially for older players, as all it takes is a single trained alt to wipe a corps worth of bounties. And making it a paid, timed license wouldn’t work well for actual bounty hunters, seeing how difficult it is to even find and kill a single specific target over the course of a week without the watchlist.