[AUCTION] Slaver for sale: Orlon Zashev

Seconding this. A bit of restraint will mean that a lot of other slaver sorts can be put under the knife for what they’re doing, which is a pretty big win in my book. Instinctive reactions, fair or not, aren’t the best choice of action.

3 Likes

It is absolutely vital for the security of ALL the nations of New Eden that he be returned to the Empire for questioning. If he holds information pertinent to the Deathglow attacks, that is something no one can ignore. The Republic will likely not assist the Empire in its investigations, and any information filtered through their mouths will not be reliable.

If anyone has a true interest in seeking justice for those horrific attacks, they will bid with the intent of returning him here to see Imperial judgement.

3 Likes

With respect, they’ve largely condoned his actions, how would justice be served?

Sesli Ashok,

I am Paladin Warden Kyle Saltz of the Providence Marches.
I am a loyal Warden of Corp 54, a corporation in Curatores Veritatis Alliance. The Wardens of the 1st Provi Volunteers have expressed interest in this matter.

I do hereby declare my intent to bid.
Very Respectfully,
Paladin Warden Kyle Saltz

Amarr Victor, Ave Providence, Providence Victor

2 Likes

How exactly have you arrived at that conclusion? He was arrested on Thebeka by our authorities. He was then forcibly liberated with clear outside and potentially internal help from MIO custody. The Empress herself then appointed Arrach Sarum Inspector General to investigate that failing, and the Order of St. Tetrimon to recapture Zashev and bring justice to him.

What part of that sequence of events suggests “condones” to you?

7 Likes

Admittedly, I was mistaken. I didn’t recall that until now. My apologies.

6 Likes

At this point I’d trust the Republic’s word over the Empire’s. Zashev already “escaped” once. Who’s to say he wouldn’t again? There’s people in power who have a vested interest in making sure he stays silent, whether that be his escape or early death. The Republic likely would assist the Empire in its investigations by revealing everything, rather than just the things that are “safe” to reveal.

9 Likes

No Samira, they’ll reveal whatever destabilizes the Empire the most, and keep the rest for themselves. Stop thinking the Republic is some bastion of truth. You already made that mistake once.

2 Likes

I do not and have never seen the Republic as a bastion of truth. They are far from it. The Empire is just even worse. The leadership in Amarr, and you for that matter, has every intention of avoiding anything that might destabilize it… even if that destabilizing is what would be needed to actually cleanse it of the sickness festering in it.

5 Likes

Honestly the Empire seems to being doing a great job of this on its own.

2 Likes

No, you fool. I want the Empire to clean up its own messes, which Zashev represents in spades. Prosecuting the worm will happen now that he has the ire of the Empress herself, and what better way to begin truly cracking down on the blight of illegal slavery than with him? But this goes far deeper than that.

He was on Thebeka, your homeworld. What exactly he was doing is yet to be revealed, but someone wanted him away from the Empire’s inquisitors and there is a very high likelihood those people were also responsible for the carnage there. What you have done by abandoning your people, friends, family and former master and liege are already unforgivable, but now you seek to deny us all the opportunity to redeem the sins you blame us for? That is plainly, callously vile. You paint us all with the same black tar that festers in your own heart because you cannot bear the thought of being wrong for condemning us? You are truly lost, if so. Your utter loss of faith in anything but your own cynical and black view is to the detriment of everyone in this cluster, but I will not allow you to paint over the good that is left in Amarr.

Zashev must be returned. He may be key in not only speaking forth on what has been going on with the Deathglow attacks, but he may also be the first step in reforming and redeeming the Empire itself as his corruption is used to expose how far the roots actually go. If you have any sense left in your head and any compassion left in your heart, you will see what I say is true. Please, Samira. For God’s sake, see the truth in that.

1 Like

Says who? This is Catiz Tash-Murkon we’re talking about. Her family have close ties with Khanid and are all about business. Who’s to say Zashev isn’t someone her family has actually dealt with in a professional capacity? Who’s to say her appointment of someone to investigate wasn’t done for public appeasment with no intent on actually acting on anything revealed in it? You’re being the fool if you think anyone at the top of the Empire is eager to have their dirty laundry revealed, which an illegal slaver like Zashev is all about. Who do you think the biggest buyers of his wares are? Imperial and Royal Holders.

And those people are in positions of power in the Empire. The Empire’s inquisitors already had their opportunity to redeem their sins. They blew that chance by allowing or even facilitating Zashev’s escape. You are calling for them to be given another chance to do the same thing all over again.

I used to have faith in the Imperial authorities, Lord Captain. And every single time we relied on them to do something, they failed, or didn’t act. PIE reported blooders in the 24th Imperial Crusade to the Inquisition. The Grand Inquisitor himself said he would act. Did they do anything? Was fweddit ever stopped? Or Nauplius? Anyone? No. One of them was even allowed to participate in the trials, and the Imperial representative approved it. She didn’t ignore the protests, didn’t pretend she never heard, she replied and willfully vetted a blooder.

I’m not being a fool, my lord. What I’m instead seeing is you being as naive as I used to be. I want justice, more than you can even imagine. But I’m not so blind as to keep expecting any from the Empire, after it has proven time after time after time that it won’t hand out any to the people who deserve it.

2 Likes

In the event that Imperial Authorities Fail to attain custody of this individual, and instead he be held by a foreign political entity, than I offer my services to help Imperial Authorities with any and all extradition requests and procedures.

I do this outside of my current employment with Aegis Militia, and instead offer my extensive knowledge and experience as a former barrister within the Amarrian Civil Courts, a former Advocate within the Theologian Council, and a current Professor of Applied Theology and Politics.

Leonel Yasavi

3 Likes

I’m disappointed by quite some people in this thread, including and especially the OP. Justice is hard to be done, but this is not even trying.

Edit: I’d suggest you all to not bid at all, but that ship has already sailed, or something along those lines.

6 Likes

Who said anything about justice?

This is about money, power, and the currency of information.

2 Likes

Did you expect any better from a Thukker mercenary company?

1 Like

Sesli Ashok,

I have been engaged to make a bid on behalf of a client and have done so.

Mervan Suthiro

7th Degree Master,
Fraternity of St. Venefice

4 Likes

I feel that a great number of us have been priced out of the bidding.

Also, I would like to comment on the irony of Zashev putting a bid on the body of the Beast, only to later be the subject of his own auction.

2 Likes

Never know, lose nothing by failing…

Or the irony that he probably exposed himself in the process of insulting and mocking our late Marshal Protector and House.

And please stop calling her ‘beast’; she was a flawed but good woman in the end. Please stop disrespecting our dead and let us mourn her in peace.

2 Likes