[AUCTION] Slaver for sale: Orlon Zashev

True enough.

Though I am not normally one for cruelty, I hope that Orlon feels this for what it is: a slave auction. He’s being sold off like so much livestock. Sadly, since this is mostly happening on this forum, he’s going to be spared the full effect.

Part of me wishes I was so crass as to offer Ms. Sesli Ashok ISK solely for the purpose of visiting and inspecting the slave for sale: shackled naked as prospective buyers examine him, his muscles, teeth, the amount of scars.

3 Likes

To clarify certain things.

1. Yes, my prize is payable to anyone who delivers Zashev to RJD and gets confirmation. I don’t particularly care if it is a Thukker bountyhunter, the Electus Matari high command or admiral Gaven Lok’ri, the deal is the same, as outlined in my post.
  2. If no one claims the bounty before it, just before the deadline, I will use what is in the pool at the time to bid on this, offering the isk for a delivery to RJD by Ashok.
  3. Should I lose the bid, you have the right to withdraw your isk any time, as in the original prize pool terms, or I can keep it, for the purposes of said prize pool.
  4. As per the terms of this auction, I cannot publish the current prize pool sum. Suffice to say it is up quite a lot during the past couple of hours, but I am not confident we will win yet.

Also, trust the damned Thukker to maximize isk on this, instead of just taking the prize already offered for delivery to authorities of the free tribes.

Elsebeth Rhiannon
CEO, SoE Roughriders
Electus Matari

6 Likes

I thought she rather enjoyed that little nickname

1 Like

Ladies and gentlemen,

We’ve had some exciting bids but also some puzzling ones.

Apparently some clarification is needed.

Bid increments lower than 10% of the reserve price won’t count for anything. For the mathematically challenged, that’s 200,000,000 ISK increments only. No pennies and two-piece type stuff please.

A correspondent asked about draws. Bid priority will apply to break those.

One bidder seemed not to understand that the bidding is in ISK and that “an undertaking not to seek out your entire family and torture them to death if you release Zashev to my custody” doesn’t count as a valid bid. Try again, we’ll allow it just once. (Also, good luck with making good on your threats.)

What else? Ah yeah, reserve price is the minimum asking price, darlings, not a deposit. Don’t be expecting refunds if you don’t understand the basics of how all this works.

Winning bid will be announced shortly after the deadline and arrangements will be made in private communication for transfer, etc. etc.

Once again, have fun and keep the bids coming!

Sesli

PS. I’ll add these points to the rules and don’t anyone be getting barrack room lawyer on us, we’re Seykal headhunters not the Bank of Luminaire.

8 Likes

The use of life to be exchanged for money is not only despicable as an act but its also an offence to our Minmatar ancestors who fought for a better world. Their actions, I am sure, were far beyond the simplest degenerate impulses of ‘an eye for an eye’ and mere profiteering. I am not surprised (let alone I didn’t expect anything better to be honest) by the gathering your post and action has amassed.

You are no headhunter, you are a slaver yourself. You defile the name and spirit of everything that a Minmatar represent. Do the correct thing while you can. Hand him over to the respectable authority that this man must answer to. By the spirits even CONCORD would do.

7 Likes

The Black Hand will bid.

Selling a slaver still means being a slaver.

If he has committed crimes against law he must be trasnferred to Ministry of Internal Order, otherwise this transaction is nothing else than human trafficking that is highly prohibited in majority of civilized areas.

4 Likes

Kind of like putting a murderer do death eh?

For individuals worried about slavery, I will point out that my offer is conditional on delivery to the appropriate authorities.

Elsebeth

4 Likes

Is paying a ransom or a prisoner exchange for money also considered slave trafficking? Because that’s what I see here. Unless the winning party puts him into slavery this is merely a glorified hostage situation where many of the bidders are looking to seek justice upheld on a criminal. I really don’t understand where this is an issue of slavery unless your intent is to buy a slave. For me, this is simply paying a middleman to allow justice to be conducted on a criminal, nothing more, nothing less. Unless somehow being a bounty hunter is tantamount to being a slaver, this is NOT slave trading in any way, shape, or form.

Not in any civilized place.

1 Like

Luckily, however, I am that crass.

So, Ms. Ashok, how much to just get to examine him like at a good old fashioned slave auction? Just so he knows that’s what he really is now, and that we’re out here, bidding for his life.

2 Likes

Peddling people in exchange for money is, at the least, adjacent to slave trading. A person is being bought and sold as a commodity might be. Certainly it is far removed from the generational slavery that the Empire employs, but slavery takes many forms, many of them commonly accepted by those outside the Empire.

2 Likes

And yet, apprehending criminals is something all nations pay people to do. At least one, perhaps as many as three, of the bids I’m aware of are in that vein.

3 Likes

Be sure to check for boils.

Should you receive this outlaw, to which appropriate authorities shall you be turning him over to?

Also, everyone seems rather eager to trust this Sesli Ashok. As much as anyone I want to see the renegade Zashev brought to justice, but dealing with this group of Thukkers gives me pause. Mercenaries are not to be trusted. The Seykal are known for their violent raids upon the innocent and the carnage they inflict. Who is to say they were not involved with the atrocities visited upon those within Anath? They could be in league with Zashev in a plot to drain capsuleers of a significant amount of ISK for all we know.

5 Likes

Again, my bid is conditional on delivery to Republic Justice Department.

1 Like

Seems the opposite of appropriate to me, but I doubt we shall come to any kind of agreement on that, Ms Rhiannon.

1 Like

The nuances may be lost on you Ms. Newelle, however we can trust them to be Thukkers.

3 Likes