[AUCTION] Slaver for sale: Orlon Zashev

To find out who wins? Know the winner and the runner up so you’ve covered the ability to pay. Just looking to get isk out of escrow so it can be used.

Don’t bid with money you need for other things.

2 Likes

It’s complicated. Lolz

2 Likes

I would hope no one made hefty bids here without first planning to negotiate the collection of their purchase.

What if the bidder doesn’t have that money? :thinking:

The next highest bidder would probably get them, then.

1 Like

That’s when “the boys” come round and pull your arms off.

Why for the love of all good gods would someone bid isk they do not have?

Because they’re capsuleers, because they don’t actually need the guy, and because they want to mess with you?

I think he should be handed over to the RKN. It would be in their best interests to interrogate and punish Orlon themselves as faith in their integrity has waned quite a bit, especially in capsuleer circles.

Mind you, even if I had 150+b in my wallet, I wouldn’t spend a single ISK on the bastard.

1 Like

Isn’t that all the more reason the Republic or even Amarr’s authorities are more suited? Really either of them have proven more steadfast. (Yes I will say in this instance the Amarr would be a good choice. I’m still siding with the Republic, but I wouldn’t complain about him going into Amarrian custody as far as seeing justice brought upon someone who has breached it is concerned.)

5 Likes

And have the Kingdom quietly execute him instead of actually proceeding with a root and branch investigation to whom else he was connected to? No, no and no.

8 Likes

Well, it is not an idea that could be dismissed outright. There are differing factions within the Kingdom with different intereste. Take, for example, the rivalry between the Cheshm Khan and the Royal Intelligence and Signals Command.

Much could be done with such a situation.

2 Likes

It really shouldn’t have been hard to track the bids as the qualified mails were received. What’s the problem with announcing the winning bid and bidder?

“[Bidder] has won with a bid of [amount]. If [Bidder] fails to pay or take delivery within [time frame], he will forfeit his claim and another winning party will be announced.”

There weren’t exactly an overwhelming number of bidders. Verifying that they followed the rules and keeping a running list from highest to lowest should have been an incredibly simple task. The continuing delay in announcing the winning bid is a sign of either gross incompetence or behind-the-scenes shenanigans, and I’m inclined to believe it’s got to be the latter, given how easy this is.

Advertising the winner would be bad for business

For one thing, it could put the winning bidder at risk. They probably don’t want anyone following them around and then showing up when they’re gonna receive the prisoner. For another, they might just want privacy.

But capsuleers are loudmouths, so I expect we’ll see somebody bragging about having him once the deal is done.

9 Likes

Well put. I’d hope anyone with even a rudimentary understanding of intelligence and counter-intelligence efforts knows as much.
I would not be surprised to see that some who would expect this level of silence if it were their exchange on the line are equally vocal about hearing more information. Either trying to goad information from loose lips, or feigning ignorance to seem less capable in their own intelligence efforts.

4 Likes

At some point though, Seykal needs a release of something that confirms the deal was real. It might take weeks or months, but since the offer was public and the bidding quite high profile, a confirmation it was not just a publicity stunt where they never had Zashev in the first place would serve them well.

Of course, publicity would serve them best, given where they are and who they have nominally been allied with, if Zashev was not returned to the Blooders or to Khanid. So maybe they do have an incentive to be silent and let us think what we will.

3 Likes

I’ll be honest, Elsebeth, whoever bought him, I assume that even if it’s not announced, we’ll find out who bought him eventually. Mostly because anyone buying him is going to have a reason.

Besides, if there’s one thing I know about people blowing a lot of money on a vanity purchase, it’s that it’s hard to get them to shut up about it.

2 Likes

I sure hope whoever bought him isn’t motivated by vanity. That’d be all sorts of pathetic, really.

This is a really good point that hadn’t crossed my mind before. I do however think it’s likely that some governing body somewhere is likely going to get ahold of him from all this and that’d probably make news and accomplish that goal.

If it was just some vanity purchase from an idiot who’s not looking to do much with the guy though, that’d be when Seykal could be forced to scramble to give that confirmation on some way or another. So I guess that just ends up with us still waiting, which we were anyway. Oh well.

2 Likes

He said the winner would be announced last Tuesday. LAST Tuesday. After a week of bidding had already gone on.

All we need is to know that winner has been found and contacted. Even if it wasn’t us!!