August 2019 Release - Known Issues

Probably not a bug but I don’t know where to write this. The way copying text from the chat window works changed today. So far so good. If it’s plain text and a link mixed it gives the option to copy the selected either with or without formating. Very nice so far. But it doesn’t seem to work if it’s a pure link. See this picture: https://i.imgur.com/qd2nFdy.png
Could you please make that we get the copy option in both cases?

I’m using up to date Intel drivers on a Windows 10 machine and experiencing the same issue with the client crashing. I’ve been unable to get online at all since the release. I’ve filed a support ticket, but haven’t heard any reply.

Seeing a massive drop in frame-rates. Normally around 30fps (old laptop but perfectly playable) this has dropped to < 2fps with this patch - totally unplayable. Running windows 10, integrated HD graphics, all drivers up to date. I’ll submit a bug report in the next few mins…

Im currently unable to login - can start launcher but as soon as client starts it crashes with an unexpected error. I’ve been using 64bit without problem until today - I’ve tried both versions after DT, verified cache et but no luck. Ran loglite and have a couple of red error lines - just submitted a ticket with this and dumpfile…anyone else having any issues?

Looks like CCP is giving up on Intel integrated graphics. Good bye old laptops, you were faithful companions…

Regarding the startup crashes on Intel integrated graphics: As far as I know we have still not been able to reproduce them internally. I could for example start the client successfully (and with ok-ish frame rate) on a machine with the same (or at least very similar) Intel chip as one of the reports, so yeah…

We had also one reporter, who mentioned that he could not start the client in dx11 mode, but he code start it in dx9 mode, but with horrible frame rate.

If you are affected by this: Please send bug reports with logs from logLite and with as much information about your machine (laptop) as possible. Maybe this is only happening for a specific brand of laptops, but we are missing this data so far.

It would also be great, if you could try to start the client with completely clear cache and settings - just for the case that anything happened there.

I fired a moon drill today and it went haywire. The drill fired as normal but grqphically it was flashing and flickering in all different directions. The drill head itself was flickering around the station perimeter ring.

An hour later, even after session change, the drill on all my clients was moving around the station perimeter ring.

I can now launch client and login characters in dx9 mode. When not in dx9 mode, client crashes before character selection. Intel integrated graphics 610, Windows 10. Full system spec provided in ticket I have raised.

EBR-180875 can you please check if there are logs and a crash dumps attached to this issue? can’t see them my self (anymore?). i’m sure i attached them when i created the issue …

I posted this in the general feedback thread also, but just to be sure.

Buying skillbooks straight from the character sheet or requirement page of modules does simply not work anymore for me: I have to drag the skill into the queue to actually be able to buy it. And hidpi support has gone wonky, Eve is now ignoring the windows scaling settings.

Are these known?

I found temporary solution on the framerate drop: minimize your client, make a coffee, come back, drink a coffee, pull the game up and it might run smooth again. If not, go for a cigarette.

Probably you need an exorcist… try an Amarrian priest. :wink:

Well nevermind…

Buying skillbooks straight from the character sheet or requirement page of modules does simply not work anymore for me: I have to drag the skill into the queue to actually be able to buy it. And hidpi support has gone wonky, Eve is now ignoring the windows scaling settings

This is an issue for me as well

It’s my office desktop PC [ hp z240 ] i’m not just going to do a fresh OS install! It’s using intel hd 530 with correct driver and no conflicts everything else good , still can’t log in & no response from your ticket system.

2019.08.13 15:21:48 SHUTDOWN [4936] Crashed (0xC0000005) for b1548496, minidump written but not uploaded in C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\3a8c8677-c951-4c42-bb04-69ec98bba7bc.dmp

I just had to undock in a Trig invasion. After clicking the Undock button, I got the warning notification. I clicked it away and … oh great, I keep undocking but the client is unresponsively hidden behind the dark curtain of the notification veil. I could not abort the undock or do anything … had to undock into this invasion and could only close the client in space. Fix this already. This not disappearing of the client lock after a notification has been an issue since the last patch.

I think I found a workaround for the FPS drop. Hit F12, open bug report, view exising reports (opens Chrome in my case) and while on this page, the client runs smoothly.

Magic… brought to you by CPP

Will there be another post telling us when a known issue is fixed?

Actually, just open Chrome, go to EVE websites, and while having the browser open, the game is fine. Close the browser, the FPS goes to hell.

No kidding, it’s really what it does to me!