August 2019 Release - Known Issues

Could you please send bug reports about this, best directly from the client after you encountered the problem (F12 - Report Bug) and add details on exactly which option / button you tried to use and what failed. I had a quick look at this and everything “seems” to work for me.
Potentially this is also related to a specific skill or the current state of your skill queue.

Fix Incursion spawns over 40 hours now and no spawn

3 Likes

fix incursions like 12-36hrs yip ok but 1 spawn and its been past 36hrs now its a dam joke ccp

1 Like

Intel integrated graphics issue still not resolved.

Same here , same problem

Actually logged in after changing settings to run clients in DX9 { been having issues with August roll out }

Try settings and running in DX9

Copying without formatting is possible through a right click menu when some text is selected.

Where is this option? I don’t see it anywhere (not in Notepad, not in any chat windows), and I really don’t want to have to copy & paste and then re-copy and paste just to get plaintext considering I need the plaintext paste dozens or hundreds of times a day.

A keyboard shortcut to cut without formatting would be hugely useful, or, alternatively, to paste without formatting (e.g. how ctrl + shift + v works in Windows).

/edit: lol, I figured out how to bring up this new context menu option: you must right-click the selection highlight area anywhere around the linktext where it doesn’t transform the cursor into the pointing finger (i.e. where it’s still the I-beam pointer).

This is pretty silly and not especially useful (having to pay close-enough attention to click few-pixels-wide area surrounding highlighted linktext in order to get a context menu you want).

I would also still very very much prefer a keyboard shortcut. Or, because I’m crotchety and don’t like change, a full reversion of this feature. Was it widely demanded, or something? I always just drag linktext around the client anyway.

Same issuse , try running client is DX9, it works but is grainy

Opening it in DX9 gets the client to open, but it’s still dead in the water, and the client will crash if I change windows to anything other than the game client.

i tried earlier and it worked as normal without changing anything…

Open Chrome (if present, any website will suffice), launch game, set “Fixed window” instead of “Fullscreen” and the game should run without crashing with normal FPS level.

^Exactly. I can never find proving conduits in my USTZ unless I play in the mornings 1400z.

See our thread about fixing abyssal pvp.

3 Likes

there you find about a dozen more abyssal pvp threads, all stating that proving conduits don’t spawn in US TZ

1 Like

Funny how the client crash on startup isn’t listed under known issues …

That’s entirely my fault, E6o5.

We’ve been digging into the code on this and I update our internal resource, but neglected this thread.

CRASH: Clients set to DX11 may crash on start up on Integrated Intel GPUs (workaround: use DX9)

This doesn’t necessarily solve the problem. I’ve been able to launch my client using the DX9 setting, but if I ALT-Tab between windows on my system the client freezes up and crashes again. This may not be an issue for people with multiple monitors and such, but for people like me who are playing on laptops and moving around from place to place, this significantly hampers gameplay. I can’t even switch from one running client to the other without one crashing.

Update on the FPS issue on old laptops… I filed a bug report with a logfile. (EBR-180946)

Since then I’ve tried various options, DX9 on/off, 64bit client on/off, hardware rendering on/off, but no noticeable improvement on any of these.

Then I thought it might be something to do with the UI, so I hit CTRL + F9 to hide the GUI and my frame rate went from < 3 fps to > 60 fps … hitting CTRL + F9 to enable the GUI immediately brought the frame-rate down again to < 3 fps.

I had a look in the ESC Menu under graphics and I had everything set to “Low”. The only thing I did here was to click “Optimise Settings” - I selected “Optimise for Performance” and straight away my frame rate improved to > 45 fps.

This is the only work-around that worked for me so far. Maybe there’s something that can be patched in the next release to help out those of us on older hardware…

failure to jump. running cloaked, land on gate, decloak, then sit there. not approaching, not doing anything, even though option selected for warp was jump. ran 43 jumps , failed 22 times

there is still bugs with some wars. not all of them have been fixed. there is a razor pirate war started 6/16 that is still continuing and it has no station declared and there is no end date on it. no it is not a mutual war.