Auto-abbandon of wrecks

If that sounds lazy to you. It’s just as lazy as exploring. The same thing

1 Like

So, you don’t ask them.

Becouse there is noone to ask

1 Like

So, I remember them raising the HP of wrecks mostly in response to the ease of clearing a battlespace of warpable points. As far as I remember, shooting a wreck with loot in it also destroys the loot (haven’t shot many wrecks lately). So, if this is true, then this proposed change would just add more items that would need to be removed. Yes, you might want to collect the loot and shoot the wrecks, but shooting it is easier… especially when limited on time and cargo space.

–Custodian Gadget

It would be the same if I didnt have to go over to the can and hack it.

But I do, so its not.

1 Like

If there is no-one there, why not just set safety to yellow and take the stuff?

It’s not about the loot. It’s about the wrecks scattered between them that ican’t gather couse they are Yellow

1 Like

You can gather. You just need to be prepared to adopt that same yellow color.

Edit: Jeez. It’s 4:23 am. That’s the only excuse I have for necroing this thread.

Hello there new guy :slight_smile: the option is already there, if a pilot wishes to share/set his wrecks blue then all they must do is right click and abandon all wrecks, the fact that they have not set them blue should indicate to you that they do not wish to set them blue and share them with anyone, a little insight perhaps might help you understand the way of things.

other salvage pilots will often buy the wrecks off pilots or pay to follow a pilot running missions for an evening, yes some pilots will say meh, you can have them and not care, so a nice hey man, can you set them wrecks blue please :slight_smile:

some pilots will salvage their wrecks later on when they’ve finished their mission, not everyone flies an alt and missions can sometimes take a while to finish so they need a 2 hour timer to be able to recover the salvage themselves.

you seem to think this is a great way to bank isk, when it’s not, salvage is but 1/5 of mission pay outs, you have.

1: the mission reward.
2: the bounties.
3: the loot
4: the salvage.
5: Loyalty points.

now if you where running your own missions you’d be banking all of the above and not just crap amounts of salvage that you spend ages looking for anyway, why waste time searching when your very own salvage well sits on station (agent)

you want a toggle and it won’t be used so it would be a waste of dev time.

so i’m gonna go with a firm

NO!

on this one :roll_eyes:

I dont think my safety has been anything but red for the past 5 years.

This is my safety…

Alphas are limited to 3-4 rank on the salvager to begin with and can’t use drones so they’re already losing ticks on failed attempts compared to an omega trained to 5.

MTU is inefficient compared to a fast frig for an alpha.

MTU goes 500m/sec for the pull speed, can only pull one wreck at a time, and pulls the wrecks in order of proximity.

Frig can go much faster than MTU to where wreck is, mission wrecks especially are usually found in clusters, and you can cherry pick and swipe only the most valuable wrecks (battleships/battlecruisers) and move to the next site possibly before the MTU has even finished deploying.

Efficient chaining of larger wrecks is far more efficient isk-wise than grabbing everything.

Relic sites, however, are even more efficient for obtaining salvage, even in highsec, can be done by an alpha, and doesn’t require the blueing of anything. Trick is to leave more populated areas of space.

Now that bookmarks made of anomalies automatically contain the signature ID, it’s pretty easy to run through a constellation chain with a fast frig, bookmark all, then swing back and check the list, see what’s been completed, d-scan, warp to and hoover.

Anoms also tend to have wrecks clustered close together, especially in high sec, as the people running them either orbit the central structure or use sentries which puts the wrecks in a straight line.

2 Likes

Most of the time I forget about making the wrecks blue, plus once done, you have to either make a bookmark and drop it off in a jetcan by a station or offer the site in local chat. Both options don’t insure anyone will accept it and just makes the time spent doing that as being wasted.

I see nothing wrong with having the wrecks automatically turn blue after a set amount of time. Currently wrecks only last for 2 hrs and then despawn. If the mission / site runner wanted those wrecks, they would have already done clean up before the wrecks despawned. Adding an extra hour of blue status on wrecks will actually help the mission / site runner because they can still access those wrecks as well. That extra hour of blue status also helps others who want to do a salvage career.

As for getting those wrecks, CCP could add Salvage Probes to the game that only scans for Blue wrecks. The probes could be set up like regular probes in the scanning window but can’t be recalled or re-used again. One Salvage Probe could be launched to do a system wide scan and verify if Blue Wrecks are available, if no verification then that probe is terminated when it’s life timer expires. The player then moves to another system and launches another Salvage Probe. If Blue Wrecks are verified by the single probe, the player then launches more probes and starts doing the regular scanning process. All Salvage Probes will terminate when their life timer expires.

Having Salvage Probe mechanics like that would also help Industry and Marketing careers as well. Not to mention it’ll add an expense to the salvager who is basically getting loot and salvage for very little to no risk at all.

1 Like

Salvage probes I’d make a challenge to use in that they would require d-scan skills to deploy successfully.

Call them decaying mass probes or something and they work like this:

A: You dscan wrecks and get them to within 5 degrees and .1AU resolution on your scanner.
B: Launch the single charge, single-use probe to that location from the probe window to that location.
C: Probe gives a warp-in/warp-ins as long as the following criteria are met:

1. There is no uncloaked or d-scannable ship or anomaly structures in the range of the probe (disruptive mass)
    2: Wrecks are present in the small scan field.
    3: Wrecks are either blue, or within 30 minutes of expiration time (decayed mass) - time can be extended if an auto-blue factor is employed.

The probe itself shows up on d-scan like all other probes. I am not sure how to think of the probe’s reaction to unscannable recons and cloakies who might be lurking in site.

Part of me thinks it shouldn’t trip the no-warp safety so these hidden hunters can be fed and part of me thinks that tripping the safety in case of a hidden threat disrupting mass could be used to help find these ships in hostile space.

Doing that will make the Salvage Probe mechanic quite a bit more complicated to code plus it eliminates the option of using D-scan to look for other ships and Combat Probes, thus making the salvager much more susceptible to being attacked.

As said earlier, only Blue Wrecks should show up on scanning with Salvage Probes, regardless if there’s non-blue wrecks or other ships in that location or not. Some players may hope to set a trap with Blue Wrecks and more power to them if they can make it work. The salvager player has D-scan and can also use Combat Probes to re-scan the Salvage Probe signature location to see if other player ships are there. Course there’s always the chance the salvage player might warp right into the middle of a Rat Pack since active NPC’s don’t show up on Combat Probes or on D-scan.

Having the Salvage Probes show on D-scan is fine, just let’s other players know there’s a salvager in system. I don’t see any exploit if Salvage Probes are tied in with Blue Wrecks only. Having wrecks automatically turn blue and remain in space for an extra hour after the normal wreck timer expires is fine. It shouldn’t matter to the mission / site runner since they’ve already decided to disregard the normal wreck despawn timer.

The fact that the Salvage Probes expire and can only be launched one time and can’t be re-called makes that expense acceptable since salvager players are basically getting loot handed to them.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.