Auto-abbandon of wrecks

Agree with all of the above…

Also, as this is EvE, I’d like a skill/equipment to booby trap my leftovers for the vultures to come. Vultures could get a couter skill/equipment, but at least they would have to work for it.

Booby trapping in High Sec will provide lowering your sec status of course

As the wrecks are blue and therefore considered neutral, it won’t.

The OP is greedy and doesn’t get how things work.

But, those against him don’t either. Some of you keep talking about “your wrecks”, lol, really? No one “owns” wrecks, they aren’t yours they shouldn’t be his, they just are. Loot cans on the other hand do have ownership. I know carebears get mad at me when I salvage “their” wrecks, but if they were theirs I would go flashy, like when I steal their loot.

The problem lies in a flaw (I think) in the game design that conflates wrecks and loot boxes. There is no reason they have to be connected. One option could be to stop connecting them.

When you blow up a ship instead of creating an empty wreck or a non-empty wreck, it would always create a wreck (now always empty, white for everyone or blue doesn’t matter) and if there is loot create a separate white (yellow for others) lot can.

This would mean no change to loot, no adverse effects on jet cans, public wrecks (which is already the case according to crime watch), and would generally make things cleaner.

2 Likes

Then it will be forbidden in High Sec. Like Warp Bubbles are.

Well it would make a difference, for a start there would be twice the amount of objects spawning every time a rat died.

The hilarity dropping several MTUs in someones mission would be ninety and also how would they know which loot had their 100m item in it now?

Of course it would, that’s the reason to suggest a change, to make a difference. :slight_smile: Also, not quite twice as much, because there are empty wrecks, those wouldn’t spawn an empty lot box, just the wreck.

I’m not following what you mean here. MTUs would tractor all wrecks (new change), but only your own loot (like now). As for identifying which loot box to loot, the loot containers could still be labelled as to which ship/wreck spawned them.

1 Like

Well its only no fun if they dont want their wrecks. The MTUs like to play football with wrecks when theres a lot of them.

As long as its still possible to ninja thats cool. I just dont really see the point, but then I thought that MTUs were just pure laziness to begin with, though fun to blow up.

Tractor beams are still a thing i mind you

1 Like

That was kind of my bluntly-made impolite point at the start of this, sorry;

Why do you need this if you have a combination of a fast ship with a good salvager and a tractor beam?

Look, Id probably love it if ammo teleported from my station to my cargo bay, but I just think its a bit much to ask for.

I made good money early in my career by salvaging what others left behind, but doing it the current way taught me more about being on my feet and aware.

I get that its boring, but my basic objection is simply that 1) Its a change that affects lots of things so needs to be made very carefully or else something breaks 2) Its yet anopther thing added to make things easier. Now, if it works and Im wrong, then cool, Ill be happy to get a new Quality of Life addition. Im just saying, that its such a basic mechanic that if it was supposed to be that way it would have been that way long ago.

1 Like

:rofl:

This kinda sums it up for me too.

The way I see it, if you didn’t have to fit your ship to kill the rats, if you didn’t do the work, use the ammo, spend the time, clear the site and then you want to come along afterwards and reap the benefits from the wrecks left behind, you can at least put some effort into doing so.

Earlier I compared earning an income from other peoples wrecks to being a tramp rummaging through other peoples leftovers. Well at least the tramp is prepared to do a bit of good old fashioned rummaging.

I’d compare the change propsed here to a tramp who wants someone else to sort through the leftovers for him and deliver them to him on a silver platter, so that he doesn’t have to get his hands dirty. Who wants dirty hands after all. It’s all such a bother to go rummaging around.

Reeks of laziness to me. There should always be a risk / effort / reward balance. Changes like this would throw that balance out the window and provide rewards with no risk and little effort.

Not the way to go imo.

In every sci-fi that can be respected salvagers are a thing.

And this is a sandbox. Having ownage of a pile of trash that you don’t touch sounds as funny to me as jump travel

Im not sure what you mean. Jump travel exists in EvE.

But I think you are now just avoiding the main objection mechanically to this;

It affects more than just salvaging.

Nothing wrong with this. You seem to have mistaken my point to be that there is something wrong with being a salvager and / or a tramp. Not so. Perfectly fine.

What is wrong, is being a lazy one who wants to get fat on the work of others with little to no effort or risk.

1 Like

And mind you it’s not the laziest thing you can do, why?:
1- you must scan down the salvage site
2- you must warp in patches that can still have rats on them, while in a salvaging ship you have no meaning to defend yourself and if you get scrambled you die
3- people could salvage their own things and leave you with nothing
4- people could destroy their wrecks seeing you
5- people will pay others to suicide gank you
The counter is there is no risk in being killed by players (most of the time)

The laziest thing would be to buy plexes and sell them when they get high in value

1 Like

Salvaging and looting are the best things in EvE, especially when the carebear doesn’t know/can’t stop you. If you need blue wrecks you’re doing it wrong.

P.S. I have the best ninja ship. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Since i don’t wanna be a jerk i actually ask them if i can salvage

1 Like

Well if you are asking them, then you don’t need anything to auto abandon. If you don’t want to be a jerk you’re doing it wrong. :slight_smile:

Still sounds very lazy to me.

The point is, the game does have loot / wreck ownership, no matter how funny you find the concept. I am not sure what you find funny about it. It belongs to someone else because they did the work. They put the effort in. They actually created the wreck.

You, well … you just arrived.

Ownership is an important mechanic in EVE and the catalyst for many of the conflicts that arise. One does not simply discard the concept of ownership because one wants someone elses stuff and is lazy.

My dustbin is full of trash but it is still my trash and if I find you in my garden going through my bin I will set my dog onto you.

I am not buying your attempt at making being able to go AFK while your ship hoovers up entire fields of wrecks that you did nothing to earn sound dangerous. You can add as many hypothetical scenarios to your list as you like. We all know the reality is you’d be raking in the ISK while acting like a bot.

CODE exist because of this kind of laziness. They don’t like the idea that people can click a couple of buttons and then go AFK while mining in Asteroid Belts.

Bot behaviour. No risk, no effort, the ISK rolls in without having to think or act.

If CCP ever made it that loot automatically abandoned itself so that the lazy can just turn up, click a couple of buttons and then go AFK I’d hope CODE would add those kind of bot aspirants to their list of targets.

Hell, I would probably join them.

Or start my own crusade. I just need a good biblical reference for a name and a few Catalysts … :thinking:

1 Like

The auto abbandon is of course for those who get on the site, smash everything and just go away after. There can be few patches in a site that have yellow wrecks. Nobody is gonna come back and abandon them manually

1 Like