Avoiding Jita Ganks

How can I create an insta dock bookmark, where is that point? Distance 0 m from docking point?

Make a bookmark anywhere within the docking ring of the station / citadel. You will see a circular ring of dots that surround a station. That’s the docking radius of the station, so as long as you are in that then you’re good.

I would make the bookmark in an area where there aren’t likely to be a lot of people surrounding. The undock is prob a bad idea. Also keep it from the edge - I tend to use directly below the station in the middle of the model.

you need to be

1. within ensured docking range of the station
    When you warp, you land in an area …1500m ? around the bm. That means the bm must be INSIDE the docking sphere, 1500m away from the border.
  2. out of bumping range
    if you are too close to the physical model, your ship may be bumped on arrival. I’m not sure it would prevent your freighter from docking, but for JF this is a good habit to have. typically to avoid that I make my bm the closest possible to the docking sphere, in an area without any physical module.
  1. Fit up a frigate with a MDW and TII Overdrives.
  2. Undock, but do not move your ship, allow it too travel forward naturally.
  3. Turn the MWD
  4. Burn out to 500 km + which should take around two minutes or so.
  5. Create a bookmark using Places from the People and Places icon.
  6. The next time that you undock select the bookmark to warp too and you insta warp.

The reverse process is done for insta docking. Either above or below the station is the best place to bookmark as well as being within the docking ring.

1 Like

Why would that be a problem? It is in fact desired…

The day you have a cap ask you to make a cyno you’ll understand why it’s beter to learn good habits.

100% guaranteed solution to Jita ganks: haul your sh*t to Amarr and sell it there.

Aren’t you like the master of Jita ganking? That kind of makes your tips holy writ considering you know what to do to people who don’t use proper instadocks…

I hope you actually meant Perimeter, where that would be good advice.

I wouldn’t say I’m a master. I’m just autistic enough that I’m “known” for it. I will always be honest and help someone if they ask for help or inquire about a mechanic.

I didn’t say your tips were dishonest, but actually more so because of what you know

Where were you when I suggested a Jita Supernova?

Probably didn’t read it, and otherwise would have ignored it (unless I figured a bit of trolling would have been a good use of my time).

Too many ignoramuses are making retarded recommendations for game changes that seem to be solely motivated by a desire to have CCP negatively affect the gameplay/style of others. Proposals such as: let’s ban -10 characters from highsec, let’s remove local from nullsec, or indeed: let’s remove Jita from the game.

1 Like

I may not understand the mechanics of ganking, but doesn’t Concord respond and blow offender up?
Of course if you’re war-decced, you should’t be flying anywhere close to Jita anyway.
I haul stuff there weekly and have never been ganked, fwiw.

yes but the gankers use disposable ships to kill you. So they lose their ships, which acts like an ammo, to get your loot.

Don’t forget people also are used to some weird thing called irony.
Also don’t forget that CCP does not give a ■■■■ about players opinion. I mean, there are so many opinions, how could they keep up with all the stupid ideas we can have ?
They have the CSM to tell how stupid the finest ideas are.

Concord response takes from 6 to 19 seconds depending the security of the system. If you field enough dps to destroy your target in less than 6 seconds, you have won the right to pillage his wreck.

One good advise would be to “cloak” yourself as a ganker. Look what gankers like to fly and fly this to carry your blue loot and salvage to a DED or CONCORD station or any NPC that buys blue loot.
That way, gankers will see you as one of theirs and not gank you. Any hauler would just scream “gank me now”.
In my experience, if you fly a pvp boat, chances are that nobody will gank you but run for the hills.

Can you select the station, then warp to 0, landing right on top of it out of warp? then just click dock.

Nope. Doesn’t always let you dock instantly. The best way to insta dock is as described by @Black_Pedro already: Make sure you have a bookmark within the stations docking range, warp to 0 to the bookmark and then activate the auto pilot. Provided you have the station set as your destination, once your ship comes out of warp, it will dock at the next server tick.

1 Like

what would be a good station docking range?