Awoxing in FW

The Angel Faction currently has a massive problem with parts of FRT using in corp but out of faction alts and even in faction alts to kill members of their own faction so that they can ‘own’ the LP from that faction.

I get that CCP don’t want to police everything but this imo is an exploit. At the very least the punishment for corps should be higher to ban anyone in that corp from joining said faction and using in corp but out of faction alts to kill other faction members should be an exploit!!!

Thoughts?

5 Likes

It’s been a problem in FW for a while. Hopefully with Equinox, most of the nullbros go back to null and we will have less farmers.

4 Likes

If it’s FRT, they are likely doing it all with bots too.

5 Likes

CCP’s track record with these sort of things is to either do nothing, or tone down the mechanic to the point where it’s not profitable for anybody to do it (aka how the old FW system was turned into the largely stagnant one prior to the pirate invasions).

Their official response is going to be “just bring more people” to include additional accounts/multi-boxing and more people in general. It would be helpful if neutrals and empire militia were more aggressively attacked by the roaming incursion pirate fleets, to make playing both sides at the same time harder. Perhaps some omega/alpha restrictions on logging in characters in militias that are hostile with each other? In any case, the balance around players or coordinated groups playing both sides to monopolize the system is a challenging thing to avoid, while still being profitable for doing things the intended way.

As usual, always make sure to report bots and suspected bots – the new UI made it take 3x as many clicks as previously, but it is always worth the effort and makes the game better for EVERYBODY.

There should be a bot report reward program for the quantity you can keep above some sort of project discovery escque % of correct bot per report ratio, but that is a separate topic.

2 Likes

Same ■■■■ here.

Daughter of Ares | Character | zKillboard

kills ppls from the same corp and alliance in Gurista FW.

1 Like

Wait, having an out of faction alt kill your militia ally is something I can see people doing, but isn’t doing it with an in faction alt kind of counterproductive? If you have an in faction alt and want to siphon off LP from your faction, it would be better to just send the alt into a complex someone else is doing and just flee anytime he expects combat help not to blow him up.

Haha, here’s a CCP endorsed solution to this problem:

Buy more alts / Multibox.

That’s it.

Reason I left Angel FW, got sick of killing Frat and having to grind standings back.

They are rubbish pilots, just dealing with standing loss is the issue.

Also I wasn’t doing FW for profit (spacerich akabitches), I wanted to mess with HS corruption :smiley:

Makes sense

Only thing left to do in this trashcan.

Oh no - not the C word

2 Likes

I once jumped into a multi pilot fw site and was half assed asked to ■■■■ off and stop scabbing… so i did…

When ivwas soloing a 10 man site one faction warfare pilot refused to leave so i popped him on principal.

I warned him several times

Not any different from FRT camping the static mission sites in their space.

1 Like

I find it unlikely that if this was a real situation that the solution would be to do nothing. I find it also less likely a corporation would encourage it’s members to kill each other and drive down enrollment.
Bots should not be the player bases problem period. I should not have to do your job while trying to have fun.
A more real solution is to tie LP to corporation standing in the LP store because you lose corporation standing when you AWOX each other. This will not remove the mechanic but will at least attempt to penalize the person financially.

1 Like

I’d like to add that awoxers should be excluded or temporary banned from Militia chat, and maybe restricted access to plexes too? (for example 10 days for every friendly kill)

The combination of these two restictions would not resolve the issue of spies gathering intelligence for the enemy, since they can enroll any alt an deliver infos to other militias without ever engaging in combat, but it could at least limit the operative capabilities of awoxers.

For a moment there, thought you said:

2 Likes

Faction CONCORD would like to be informed of your current location.

:thinking: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :smiling_imp:

Every single day I get Awoxed in FW. The most frustrating part about it, is that there is so little penalty for people doing it, that there is no reason for them to stop.

I love FW and the smaller scale fights etc, but it’s just dumb to be killed more frequently by your own militia than enemies.

Fraternity and their 9999 algoses are the absolute worst at this, they kill you even if you are not on a site, because they feel they own the systems. It’s just stupid at this point.

CCP Do something!

2 Likes

Can’t help you there but as a doctor in gankotherapy, I recommend the following procedure for your lips:

• A plastic surgeon, like me, removes fat from your bum, purifies it, and injects it into your lips. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia and takes about 60–90 minutes.

• Results

Your lips can stay plump for five years or longer. Fat injections will also help reduce your wrinkles and lines.

• Downtime

You can return to being awoxed within 1–7 days, depending on the procedure and the size of your bum…

• Cost

The procedure can cost between 3 bill and 6 bill ISK depending on which way the wind blows.

• Risks

Some risks include severe swelling or bruising, lip asymmetry, lumps, infection, and allergic reactions to being awoxed.

1 Like

I do awox a bit sometimes, people just bring all their alts and overgrid my site or they bring absolute garbage to the Battlefield

Things like this and the dude has 5 alts flying this

They just roam slurping the LP and in many cases they are alts from the enemy militia
FWarrior81
FWarrior82
FWarrior83
FWarrior84
FWarrior85

Why can’t we have a civil war?