Back in the days

I’ll start it off -

Back in the days when Yulai was the trade capital not Jita!

Back in the days when stealth bombers fit cruise missile launchers!

Back in the days when you had to insure your clone or lose skill points if you got podded!

Back in the days when the Dirt Nap Squad was hot dropping mofos!

Keep it going!

2 Likes

Back in the days before 2016 when EVE Online wasn’t bloated with coward nullsec carebears who cry and whine about cloak campers because they were too scared to krab when a tiny grey pixel box appeared in local.

8 Likes

Back In the days before skins.

Back In the days before citadel spam.

Back In the days before skill extraction and injection.

Back In the days before rewards (crap as they are) were automatically injected in the account rather than an item in your hanger.

Back In the days before daily reward gimmicks.

Back In the days before the red dot.

Glad we are not back in the days for Insuring the clone and clone levels.

Glad we are not back in the days before multibuy.

3 Likes

Back in the days when there was no trig gatecamps in high sec. Those were the years…

1 Like

Back in the day we had to train skills to speed up skill training.

10 Likes

Back in the day my Arby had 3 engines

Back in the day when the new player tutorial was basically: “here’s your ship, btw you’re under attack”

5 Likes

Back in the day when EVE was still alive

:dealwithitparrot:

3 Likes
  • Back in the day when kestrels fit cruise missiles and torpedoes did AOE damage
  • Back in the day when a small group of 50-100 people could and would make a difference
  • back in the day when EVE players didn’t need hand holding yet the game still grew just fine
2 Likes

Back in the day when I wasn’t spammed with meaningless popups everytime I login.

4 Likes

Back in the days when @Scoots_Choco didn’t exist.

Also back in the days when we had developers at CCP who would at least think a little bit about what they are doing and not just throw mud at walls and then forget to look at what sticks and instead go for what falls to the ground because that’s easier to see.

Also back in the days when newly introduced and old group content was actually rewarding, and not a horrifically tedious, cooperation punishing grind-fest riddled with bugs and which their developers think of as a great job.

Also back in the days when there were expansions to get excited about and look forward to instead of meaningless, worthless and outright annoying garbage of this day and age.

Back in the days when there was more fun with less “active gameplay” than there is now with “more active gameplay”.

And obligatory: Back in the days before this topmoba Hillmar got greedy and introduced microtransactions unnecessarily instead of making the subscription more attractive.

4 Likes

Back in the days, when there was a music in stations even when dynamic music was still ON.

2 Likes

Back in the days I could walk in stations.

Indeed, glad they got rid of that. I really like the dynamic music and play with it on at all times, but it doesn’t make sense to hear spooky wormhole noises or null sec space noises when I’m safely docked up.

1 Like

Back in the days we had the great old abyssal arenas with the Ikitursa.
Back in the days Privateers existed.
Back in the days Bossdrum made insane pvp videos.

1 Like

Back in the day, the billboards actually displayed stories of what was happening in New Eden.

Back in the day missiles had splash damage.

Back in the day, even CCP Gargant had to sing for his life.

1 Like

Oh and Jukebox

1 Like

Back in the day when you could fit two AB’s

When the Apocalypse was the best mining ship.

Back in the day when “Slave Child” was an ancestry option instead of “Liberated Children”

(I know @Xuxe_Xu was not pleased by this change.)

Back in the day when In-Game Browser was a thing

Back in the day when EVE Voice (built-in voice comms) was a thing

Back in the day when the four empires had mining frigates (IIRC they were the Inquisitor, Griffon, Navitas, and Burst) before the introduction of the Venture/Endurance/Prospect

Back in the day when T1 industrials were tiered from smaller-to-bigger (eg. you had an Iteron I/II/III/IV/V) instead of having role-based ones like we have now.

Back in the day before the introduction of war immunity mechanics

4 Likes

Back in the day when you could quit the game and Capital Ships 5 would still complete its training.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

4 Likes