Bad luck? DAWN OF LIBERATION event

Got to 800 points, didn’t open reward cans yet. 2 of +12, 1 of +10, 7 of +6 accels, 12 Skins.

2 Likes

Heh, I haven’t gotten a single one this entire event yet> I’m kinda glad though because apparel is the last thing I want to get.

I’d much rather get Apparel items in Event loot drops than Metal Scraps and Tech 1 modules, that stuff drops all the time from regular rats, this is an event which should drop extra special stuff.

Speaking of special stuff, I’m at 400 points now and have mostly gotten boosters, some ship skins, a few accelerators and 100x Fireworks. Only 100x Fireworks, sheesh.

In my opinion the loot drops are looking lackluster, especially since the majority of it is lore ‘Fluff’ stuff.

3 Likes

There’s a lot of “fluff” stuff in the loot drops. The only aspect I really like is that you can load up with 400 slaves, wait for a new event spawn, warp-in and fill the hauler. This shuts down the beacon so you can finish hacking, looting and killing spawns at your leisure. Players are too lazy to scan you down so you have it all to yourself.

I noticed that if you do that, the Battleship group doesn’t stay in the site when they spawn, the Battleship takes a couple of minutes to warp out but you can’t target lock it because it’s going into warp.

As such you miss out on getting any good loot drops. I note the time I warp in, hack and jet can the slaves, then after 10 minutes I start filling the Hauler.

That only happens if the spawn is active when the hauler warps out. If there is an active spawn, kill them all before filling the hauler. If there is no active spawn, fill 'er up, let the beacon die, then continue hacking. The subsequent spawns will not leave.

1 Like

yeah , I just did that : fil the hauler, hack the cans. Place a mtu if there is a spawn. BM the MTU. With 2 cargohold enhancers my praxis could make several sites before being loaded. However this thing is slow …

1 Like

wow … thanks guys!! looks like i was really lucky with my drops
had a battleship in each site so far

@Whitehound wow what a collection!!

will go on with the sites now and see if i will be lucky again

JuuR

1 Like

2,110 points on my main. So I tried this on an alt and just did 160 points.

The good
You can do it on an Alpha clone with just under 5 mill SP, in a Gila, with a tech 1 data module.

The bad
Inadequate hacking skills can cause you to fail the hack, having to try multiple times.

The Ugly
Loot table is … lacking. Those skins … reminds me of the joke that women’s fashion designers hate women.

Overall
Good event. Not great. Wayyyyyy too much hacking. And those skins! Dear Bob those skins!!!

Great if you want to practice hacking, because you can hack the same can over and over and over without it blowing up.

The loot table and drops is underwhelming. The only reason to continue doing the sites are for the cerebral accelerators

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s one hell of a collection. Definitely put’s my meager collection to shame. This is what I got after completing the Event with 810 points, minus one Improved ‘Conditioning’ Cerebral Accelerator that was consumed earlier, timer is still active on that.

1 Like

That sux, especially for an Event site.

I haven’t run across that yet but I did come close in one site, only got 1 Battle Group to spawn which was 2 Cruisers and 2 Frigates containing Metal Scraps and a Meta 1 mod.

For some reason I’m thinking CCP is messing around with the loot table, yesterday was much better than today.

1 Like

Soooooooo Slow! I have been using a praxis to. I am using the praxis fit someone linked in the forums somewhere, With the mwd perma on I only get 128 m/s out of it.

seems like you used an undersized mwd.
With 500mn compact I got 741 m/s . Still so slow…

I guess i might have grabbed an undersized one that was next to the 500mn, i’ll have to login and look. I did the same thing with an Ashimmu took a small rep into abysal space, actually survived then someone pointed out the small rep.

If you have a Stratios then maybe try the following, which so far has worked for me.

[Stratios, .Stratios, event]
Medium Armor Repairer II
Centum A-Type Energized EM Membrane
Centum A-Type Energized Thermal Membrane
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

10MN Afterburner II
Stasis Webifier II
Medium Cap Battery II
Data Analyzer I
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II (Tracking Speed Script)

Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Auto Targeting System II

Medium Nanobot Accelerator I
Medium Drone Speed Augmentor I
Medium Memetic Algorithm Bank I

Hammerhead II x2
Ogre II x3

Tracking Speed Script x1
Void M x1000

The A-Type membranes are rather cheap and don’t use cap. The Auto-Targeting is nice, too. Lets you lock 10 ships and requires one click to lock them all.

why would you lock them ? the drones can kill all.

A shield praxis can have enough tank, dda, cargohold to not care about the rats (only the bs) and keep opening the cans. Don’t even need omni , 4 praetor will obliterate the frigs. When the Bs pops, lock him and F, then go back to business, don’t forget to scoop the mtu later on.

Other than that, a proteus has just enough cargohold to store 400 idiots and a bit of loot.

1 Like

Hmm, is that all you got for sites till 800 points? I got way more, 15 basics, 4 improved, one advanced (from BS loot). Also I have at least double the number of skins.

most of the points come from taking the slaves. If you use a small hold fit, you won’t take as many slaves as a big phat BS (eg praxis), so you will need more sites to complete the event, ie more loot.

Yeah, that’s what I got after reaching 810 points.

Lady Luck just wasn’t with me on this Event. But hey, still got over a week left to the event, right?

1 Like

I used a T3 Cruiser to run the sites, I just filled up the Hauler and then jet can the rest of the slaves. I hacked each can at every site and only had a couple of spawns warp out on me at the start. After that I started jumping on the Battleship and Bestower right at first so as to not lose any good loot.