Bad luck? DAWN OF LIBERATION event

Do you want me to explain to you how it works?

Do you want me to explain the basics of a discussion ?

When you put 400 Freed Slaves into the hauler will the hauler warp off and the beacon disappears.

When you’re then not quite done with the site and a new beacon pops up can you bookmark it. Should you not have finished with the site you’re in and the new beacon disappears, can you still finish the current site and simply warp to the bookmark even when some other player is already in it.

1 Like

And this is not opposed to what I said. I said that if the site is completed after you bookmark it, and the person inside warps off (eg after killing BS), then you have 1 min before the site despawn, leaving you with nothing.

I remind you that my post was made in the context of “competition” in the event. My post was just saying that it is not worth it trying to compete with other people.

1 Like

You’ve said that I would have bookmarked nothing, I called it nonsense, because your assumption was wrong, and I’ve now told you how it works. That’s all.

Are we done now?

And I tell you you are wrong, what I wrote still stands.

Whether or not you bookmarked it. if it despawns, that means there is nothing more to do there (but salvaging)

You can leave any time you want. If making the effort to understand what I wrote is so exhausting, you should really take a break and stop trolling. This is leading nowhere.

I’m merely giving you helpful information how to run more sites faster.

We’re done here.

Seriously ? I asked how there was competition in the event and all you say is “you can bookmark beacons” ? And you call that “helpful” ?
You don’t understand what “competition” means ? It’s very simple, you have ONE medal and several players want it. So they compete in getting it, using various strategies.

If you refuse to make an effort understanding what I write, then you become out-of-topic by choice.

You are not allowed to decide when I am done.
Thus, you are done.

1 Like

The only downside with the event (both pro and a con) is you can instantly fill the hauler which removes the beacon for anyone else - thus allowing you to finish it at your leisure (provided you stay there). So it’s entirely possible if you’re quick to deny a beacon to anyone else.

1 Like

See above regarding bookmarks. One can use combat probes, too. It’s not impossible, but only deters from creating too much competition. Many players don’t stay in one system, but they travel from system to system to find a new beacon. That’s all it does. One can however stay in one system and just keep bookmarking new beacons. I also had one player who repeatedly warped into a site I was in at exactly the moment the BS showed up (with the beacon removed). So he was using either d-scan & bookmarks or combat probes to time it.

Use a Vindicator or any other high-DPS ship for it and you become a menace to others.

I can’t see players running down ships with combat probes. At the end of the day, you’re either ganking them (not a lot of blingy ships running these) or hoping that either you or they go suspect so you can get an engagement out of it. I’ve had a grand total of one failed gank attempt on me in over a year of running events (in that one they just warped to the beacon).

I nailed a Gnosis that went suspect and he didn’t even realize that I didn’t have a point on him until after he exploded (I guess his tactics had been working well for him up until that point). Not entirely sure how he thought he was going to best a Leshak - but I admire his determination. Also saw a Venture take on a Paladin (the Venture went suspect) which ended about as fast as you think it would.

1 Like

I got myself an Abaddon kill. I was in a refuge between event sites and they came in and sat there. then when it was down to the last ships they accidentally targeted one of my drones and opened fire. I helped concord kill them. I also got the pod without a warp disruptor.

2 Likes

Except the loss of your Kronos in May to the well-known suspect baiter Maria Delas Mercedes, and the other Kronos loss in March to the other well-known suspect baiter KSTY Mistari (I suspect they are actually the same people). :wink:

But your Venture story makes me think about something which may work …

I lost way more ships and pods to the Abyss…

1 Like

news news news

since i finished the 800 points i didnt found a cerebral accelerator and only 1 skin
so i think i stop the try for grinding more boosters for me
i dont sell cerebral accelerators … if i had to many in the past i gave them to new players for free

anyways … not this time

JuuR

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.