Bag jobs

They’re hardly coming across as angry, at least not when compared to the intense prattle emanating from your fingertips.

4 Likes

Another actor? Tell me what you know of toxic doxxing by criminals in eve? Silly child, clown by definition.
I sense anger at being found out, maybe keep your, fingers off the keyboard when raging like a youth?

“I do miss the old names…”

2 Likes

That’s fair, it’s fun to think about if there’s a way to build an enforcement mechanism, probably would have to do killboards?

There… already are…??
But that still doesn’t provide any protection against the merc simply convo-ing the victim and negotiating a deal to fake a killmail for the purpose of cashing in on the reward.

I was on a conference call so looks like I wrote that unclearly. I can’t see how killmail can be faked if you define it. I want to see 100,000,000 in damages, for every $10,000,000 I pay you kinda thing?

“100,000,000 in damage”

So you want someone to kill 50 of these, and are expecting to only pay them 10 million isk for it?

That’s 81 Billion? Did you misread me?

Furthermore, the numbers are arbitrary, just for example purposes .

Oh you mean Isk worth of damage?

Even then, Insurance already covers a good chunk of that.

Platinum 33,589,505.00 111,965,016.00

So I call up my target, let him know I’ll split the isk with him and all he needs to do is Insure his ship, and let me kill him a couple of times, and now we’re both richer.

Scoots these are “engineering” problems, things like “the wheel is too small?” So make the wheel bigger.

These problems just mean define your conditions so that it inentivizes damage against the target, damage they can’t easily hash out back room deals for.

I mean, the reality is you’re not the first person to think of something like this in the 10+ years EVE has been around. I get it, you’re new to the game, and you have some warped sense of what you think could be, but you just don’t have enough experience to know why it’s a bad idea. And that’s fine.

At the end of the day, you’re not going to make a system like this work. Ever.

Either the reward is going to be so poor that no one is going to bother wasting time on it, or it’s going to high enough that there is incentive to abuse it. There is no “back room deals” to be made, especially in a PVP game where ship losses happen all the time. There’s never any actual threat behind it.

Maybe you’ll scare one of two carebears. Cool. But if they’re dumb enough to be scared by this, then I know for certain that they’re not good enough at the game to be worth any amount of meaningful isk to be worth a hitjob as a merc.

That’s fine, just discussing it opens new understanding. I just don’t agree with the “problems” you’ve mentioned specifically, not that there arent a whole plethora of reasons Mercs are just cheats, I’m sure you can list off a dozen and some may make total sense and be unable to work around for enforcement.

Change of question, is there ever a condition where Mercs work?

In my opinion, no.

You can see several handful of “merc” contracts being made on the forums where the mercs eventually wuss out and come up with excuses for why they couldn’t do X. Or contracts that fail to be made because the reward is such trash.

There are also other situations where people will talk big ■■■■, but when isk is put on the table, they lose their spine and start backtracking. For example:

I eventually up’d my price to a 20b reward and he still came up with excuses for why he wouldn’t accept the contract.

At the end of the day. Bad players who talk big about mercenaries are trash players at the game. Good players who are halfway decent at the game know that ‘mercenaries’ like this don’t exist. At best, you have entire alliances getting paid hundreds of billions to trillions to participate in a nullsec conflict, but at the scale of highsec and lowsec carebears, it won’t happen.

1 Like

That was a fun screenshot.

Nice deflection. Eve clown level 5 is your reward, with a hardwiring for bonus!

Hi Alistair,

as a professional Merc, let me give you a resume.

If a Merc-Group is trustable, they will give you a consulting,
and they will check, that the objective you want is reachable.

In some cases, the mercs want to fullfil it, but the mechanics of
the game say no. :slight_smile:
I give you an example :

Person A take a loan by you and don’t pay back.
You call mercs and ask for herass person A ingame over weeks
to get your money back.
Person A thinks : "■■■■, I stay docked. I go for Holiday. "
At this point it doesn’t matter, how good you are as Combat Pilot.
You are not able to get Person A. There is no chance.

As a professional Merc, you have to know this and your duty is
to reject the contract directly, and don’t waste the money of your client.
Its not scarry, its fair business.

We do it like that, and declare it to the clients. We do consultiings !
And many of our clients are thankfull and happy to save money .

Examples of happy clients or respectfull enemies you can see in our thread.

o7

Annosour Amatin

1 Like

You’re the first. Another one suggested it’s him as well,
due to him being interested in going to EVE Toronto.

The attitude would definitely fit.

We’re working on it.

You’re attacking me based on what evidence, keyboard commando, solstice project? @ISD_Sakimura this player is making accusations of several players on the forums which are false.

Can he be muted or removed please? These toxic elements make it not so fun for a paying player.

The training process is slow, I don’t come here to be accused of things leading to this pathetic lonely player having fun? Eve Toronto? Sold out as per an email yesterday son.

If you worked there your entire life, you don’t want to go back you kitten (solstice project).

An area few Torontonians see. From the beautiful centre island, not the one you know if visited as a tourist. Rated worst traffic in North America, fyi.

Seaton

Popcooorn :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
:cocktail: