Balancing books 6 of 10 Market Ripoff

My guess is that you are in Amsen running career missions for the Science and Trade Institute.

If true, you are 3 jumps from Jita.

Amsen -> Malkalen -> New Caldari -> Jita (Jita 4, Moon 4, Caldari Navy Assembly Plant)

1 Like

write jita in any chat
highlight it , right click , autolink , solar system , boom now you have a bookmark
right click set destination
you can use it to find items, solar systems , corps , players ,its very useful
and don’t forget the MOST IMPORTANT MENU BUTTON IN EVE
SHOW INFO

1 Like

learn 2 search bar on the upper left :crazy_face:

kids this days

1 Like

8 Likes

Of course this also gives you the opportunity to fly somewhere nearby, buy a dozen Tracking Computer 1’s for like 20,000 ISK each, fly them back to the station you’re in and sell them for 200,000 ISK.

Provide a service to newbies in the system and triple your ISK in the process!

2 Likes

Don’t know why you didn’t use that 3rd party market app I posted, there’s at least a dozen other places where you could have got that Tracking Computer at a much lower price than the current Jita price.

Did CCP remove the navigation in New Eden tutorial recently?

I’d say that as long as the module is not sold in the actual Career mission hub players should be free to charge whatever they like even for modules that are used in the career missions.

With that said there should be some form of WARNING in the mission info for this particular mission where the Agent remind the new player that the Market is player driven and that prices can fluctuate greatly.

Confession time.

Some time back I considered putting very cheap ore buy orders up in the new player systems around Amarr. The idea being that new players are often just going to mine and dump for ISK and I can profit on the refine and haul to Amarr differential.

I didn’t for two reasons:
The income from that little operation, especially since I’d need to invest in a freighter to do the haul, wasn’t really that good. A few million ISK earned slowly.
It felt really wrong exploiting new players like that.

Selling items in new player systems at over inflated prices for profit also feels wrong.

One thing to be aware of: some new Amarrian players start in a system in Kor-Azor so can’t see the Amarr EFA market in Domain. Which is a problem especially as hi-sec K-A ain’t a big place.
There’s an argument for the career agent suggesting that while an item can be bought locally it might be worth a trip to (name of nearby market hub).

1 Like

Honestly, at this point, since CCP is making such a large effort into renovating Jita’s model to be entirely unique from every other market hub in the game, they might as well officially declare it to be the market hub of EVE Online.

1 Like

Alternatively, open the map, type “Jita”, right-click to set course, done.

1 Like

kids this days

You do know that CCP has no control over the price?

The market is player driven, so if there is a low supply and high demand the price will go up.
If you shop around in different regions, you can find where it is best to buy something (either by ingame checking or using 3rd party tools).

How the hell did you pay so much over the price that it is listed for in Jita?

I understand a market system but, like other new players, I don’t have anywhere near enough ask to buy the computer tracking I. I have ~ 1 million, way short of the lowest listed price. So what options do I have?

1 Like

Hahaha.

Just checked, the lowest sell price in Jita is 9.000 ISK. Only 991.000 ISK short of 1 million you claim

2 Likes

Go to Jita 4-4?

2 Likes

You should also know that the market is limited to the station you are in. Other stations may have more supply or better prices. One of the stations in the solar system of Jita is such a station.

Most players will try to buy stuff in the station where they get the mission to get an item, which is why the prices of such items is so high in stations with such missions.