BANKING - How to secure loans

Every single one of my chars can fly a freighter. I have multiple accounts.

It does not matter, also take into consideration I can see when somebody assign a killright to somebody else.

but I said enough on this. I feel like (according to you other posts) this is just going to go in circles.

BTW. Banks are probably the MOST complex thing in EVE because there is no mechanism for it

As far as I know, kill rights will expire 30 days from the point they’re earned, regardless of when or how many times they’re activated.

You can activate a kill right at any time to make someone suspect for 15 minutes. If they die, the kill right is removed. If they don’t, the kill right remains for however much more time has to pass to reach the 30 day limit. If you never use it, it still goes away in 30 days when its time is up.

Your entire transaction, from the initial loan and kill right generation to the repayment and/or harassment of the non-paying borrower, must fall within this 30 day span or your collateral/right to punish goes poof.

And, of course, this only affects people who do stuff in highsec with a character over -5 sec status they actually undock with.

I’m skeptical this could work, bar some exceptionally specific circumstances.

I’m almost certain that’s not the case but if someone wants to clarify please do.

I agree a 30.day timer is a nonstarter and further leaves banking almost untenable.

Kill Rights - EVE University Wiki.

If after 30 days the kill right is not activated or satisfied the kill right will expire. This is a set time and you cannot extend it by keeping the kill right and activating it on the 30th day expecting another 30 days. It’s a use it or lose it time limit and once its gone the offending pilot is free from your wrath.

1 Like

Well that ■■■■■■■ ends this idea.

Goddamn CCP ruins everything I swear.

They can’t even do a war correctly. It’s all ■■■■ lol.

What the hell man…

I said that in my very first response to you.

A better option would be to allow only corporations or alliances to take out loans. Make it a new Corp role “able to take out loan”. If the corp/alliance is in default, then the entire corp or alliance gets the criminal flag, until the loan is paid or six months has passed, which ever comes first.

Can it be scammed or avoided? Sure, though not as easily as kill rights on an individual, and a greater number of players are involved as well.

Banking in Eve?

That’ll end well.

1 Like

Plex Vault. CCP can create a Lending NPC agent and the collateral is the plex stored in the Plex Vault.

I think your argument centered on the valuelessness of kill rights. You didn’t get your point across that kill rights actually expire when not exercised. That’s just dumb game mechanics

It’s almost like you would have to have a wardec to secure a loan… :roll_eyes:

Allow me to wardec individual players and I’ll secure every loan in New Eden myself.

This feature can be accompanied by adding new options to the character creator (namely obnoxious-looking Oakley-style sunglasses and neck tattoos). Maybe we can pay extra for a “the Bounty Hunter” suffix for our names as well.

I would narrate all of my “captures” on Twitch as well.

1 Like

If only everyone could look as cool as Bladewise.

1 Like

Because there really is no need.

Don’t fly what you can’t afford to lose. Getting a loan to even buy what you cant afford is not a good idea either.

If you have something worth a billion for a loan for collateral…sell that and rebuy it later. Its really good incentive to make your grand scheme work lol. Want that billion item back before some price hike…take your 1 billion seed money from sale and make that 2 billion or more to rebuy it ASAP and still be up 1 billion at least profit from idea.

LOL!!

‘I’m going to tell you how to do something, but I’m not quite sure if it’ll work…’

1 Like

Ive had to shot my alt to get rid of a killright before I forget the circumstances, is that when the KR is made public if I remember correctly? If so then a privately held killright couldn’t be sidestepped like that, but still mechanics as they stand make this whole idea kinda shoddy. We used to (2010?) have a fairly healthy loan market going in old forums, Market Discussion, ppl either used collateral (bpo’s) or took chances and it went alright but plex is too easy to buy and sell nobody really needs loans like the old days.
Used to ppl needed loans to set up a moon mining pos or buy a bpo, etc and it was fairly recognizable if they had a solid plan nowadays things are so crazy who tf knows, just pull out your wallet and buy some plex like everybody else.

Only SP.

I think the best would be to provide actual SP someone still have in head, and block it from extraction, or biomassing character. This would need change of game mechanics. This way if someone is unable to repay, the SP in form of full injectors would be provided for lender, and SP forcefully extracted from someones head in the moment the repayment was not completed, and the time was up.

Someone taking the loan would have to set the skills that are to be extracted in case repayment was not complete.

So instad of having to buy extractors in order to extract SPs and sell them on the market, I just borrow money from you which equals the value of x injectors and when I don´t pay back the money the SPs get extracted for free?

Sounds good to me, let´s do it!