Banning repeated gankers from highsec

Hes very good at it, isnt he.
Maybe offer him some isk for an analysis.

Thatā€™s fair. This is Crime and Punishment and nothing is free.

I say good sir/maā€™am @Kal_Murmur what kind of currency and volume of said currency would you accept for a killboard summary like you did with dom? I have plenty of good stories (a favourite currency of the C&P community)

1 Like

Oh Iā€™m absolutely fine with a new study. Actually if it would show that ganking is harming EVE I would stop doing it as Iā€™m interested in a healthy game and there is a lot of other stuff to do.

However I highly doubt that any study no matter what shape or form can convince the carebears ever that ganking or wardecs are not the main reason for players quitting.

Thatā€™s why I call BS on the whole ā€˜we want another studyā€™ because as soon as it would see the day of light they would just find another excuse why to ignore it if it does not align with their believes

A good example of this can be observed in this very thread. Carebear mentions the 15 day limit is the reason the study is worthless because the players only lose stuff of value after the 15 days, and immediately after mentioning that there is a second part of the study who asked for the reason why all players quit not just 15 day old players it gets disregarded as well because of some other completely fabricated reason. Why would this be any different with any new study?

1 Like

Good.
Matter settled.

CCP, please make a new and better study.

But they did not ignore it, they tried to verify it and the actual problem here is that you donā€™t accept THE REAL ANSWER which is that your whole hypothesis that ganking causes new players to quit is complete BS.

It is extremely more likely just a handful of you who canā€™t handle a simple game and make new characters all the time to complain on the forums to make it look like it is an issue. This is all looks completely fabricated, and the actual numbers seem to confirm that.

1 Like

I usually charge in Quafe, but hey this one is on the house as you asked so nicely.

Joined 14th May 2013
Immediately set about losing an unfathomably large number of ships to NPCs before finally discovering the ā€˜warp outā€™ button.
After a month (and presumably the NPCs running out of ammunition, Noragen gets smart and joins our favourite friends, Eve University.
He immediately proceeds to lose several more ships, but our hero swiftly waves high sec goodbye and roams Syndicate in his trusty Velator with his new college friends. Life is good.
After four exciting months of graduate-ganking, Nor is ready to head out into the big cold world. He immediately thanks his former educators by joining a mercenary corp and popping one of his former Eve-U buddies. And podding them, just to reinforce the lesson that Eve isnā€™t a game for nice people.
Four months of Marmite and a big pile of nice green one sided killmails later, the lures of gangbanging unsuspecting null pilots on shopping trips starts to fade. Noragen looks out into the wilds and decides its time to enter the safest of all safe spaces, nullsec. He is swiftly indoctrinated into the unspeakable pleasures of shooting at POS structures. Targets that dont even run away! Surely the pinnacle of the Eve experience.
Eight months of waking up each morning with the image of a still shielded control towers burned into his retinas, Nor throws off the shackles of big Alliance life and returns to his first love, the mercenary life. Quickly bouncing from a corp with one of the worst names in Eve (EVE Corporation 987654321-POP) to unarguably the one with the best (Somalian Coast Guard Authority), Noragen is in heaven. Under his steely watch, no Retriever or Atron is safe.
A few months later the lure of POS grinding becomes too much and Nor heads back to Null. This lasts about as long as a freighter on autopilot in lowsec, before the post-traumatic stress kicks back in, and he wisely returns to Marmite.
At this point the constant flipping back and forth between lowsec, hisec and null starts to remind me too much of my own killboard and our narrator decides to give this up as a bad job and go for a smoke instead.

I would however just like to thank Devon Hael whoever he may be, for this killmail which gave me a much needed laugh. Thanks sir, fly well and gank safe. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was a very questionable, narrow study.
It doesnt validly support your conclusion that ganking 15day old players doesnt cause them to quit. It merely suggests it that might be the case. Even this study did show that players did infact quit due to being suicide ganked when under 15days old. It did not conclude that all dont,

Ok Salvos, I actually think you just donā€™t understand the study so lets walk trough this step by step.

Letā€™s formulate the hypothesis that ā€œganking harms new player retentionā€ since you mentioned 15 day old players we will focus on that group. What would this hypothesis imply? What would we find if made a study and the hypothesis was actually true?

Sorry, but this quote above shows you dont understand the scientific method.
You are asking all the wrong questions, in all the wrong ways.

cough cough

cough cough
cough cough cough

2 Likes

:roll_eyes: sure Salvos

Now that you know how basic science work can we go back to my questions which was:

1 Like

Can you post with your main so we can see your killboard please? Just to ensure you arenā€™t to be totally ignored or made fun of.

1 Like

What is this supposed to mean?
A hypothesis doesnā€™t ā€œimplyā€ anything.

You can link Feynman vids all day.
He knows what scientific method involves.
Its you that clearly does not, or you would not ask the unscientific, incorrect questions you currently are.

We specifically asked for a better study, in method, that also includes 30 and 60 day new accounts/players.

I dont think you have sufficient understanding of what scientific method is to construct/perform such a study. I dont think you even understand what a hypothesis is.

Man, the amount of dancing you do when a simple question corners you is amazing

2 Likes

I cant answer your ā€œsimpleā€ question, which you lie about as being singular when infact there were several, without addressing how they are stupid and false questions.

Its like you are asking me why 1+1=3.
All I can answer, is that it doesnt and you dont understand the math involved.

Its apparent you donā€™t understand science, the scientific method, how scientific studies are constructed/performed/evaluated, or terms/concepts involved.

Lol, sure Salvos. Dance some more!

1 Like

Ill throw you a life-line/olive branch.

Ask me the ONE simple question you want, and I will answer it the best I can.

I quite enjoyed that. Thank you

1 Like

Binary.

2 Likes

Not even in a binary system does 1+1=3.
No 3 exists in a binary system.
Its 0 or 1.
Binary also is not a mathematical system.
Its simply a language/sequence of 0s and 1s, as yes/no, defined by their sequence, not by addition/subtraction/multiplication/division.