Best Alpha Mining Fit?

As someone who is trying to get back into EVE, with 12m skill points mostly in mining-related things and some other stuff spread out here and there, what is the best possible mining fit and ship for an alpha player?

I currently am using a Venture with only mining 1 lasers, but I don’t really know or remember much about the game to really know what would be better to use.

Also I have no idea what core probes are, since the ship I’m in has them in a contract I bought from my new corp I joined.

Not sure an alpha can fly anything (for mining) other than a venture, but in any case she’s a very good ship for mining. You might consider training up to T2 mining lasers if you don’t have the skills for it already. Also look at some of the fits people use. There’s more to it than just the lasers.

Core probes are ammo for the core probe launcher or enhanced launcher. They’re for exploration, including finding mining anomaly sites.

It’s the Rokh with 8 mining lasers. Around 800m3 per cycle is approaching double the venture. Lack of ore bay means you have to jetcan mine though (your cargo literally holds a single cycle of ore).

I think the Vindicator can technically do better but that would be an awful lot to spend on a mining vessel.

I was suggested this fit that can actually get me more mining yield at the cost of more trips back to docking :

Gnosis
x5 Miner 2
x2 Medium Command Processor 1
x1 Medium Cargohold Optimization 1
x1 Survey Scanner 1
x2 Mining Laser Upgrade 2
x2 Expanded Cargohold 2
x1 Co-Processor 2

I already have a Vindicator that I used to run in I think Incursions, they were called? How could I fit that as a mining ship?

Basically as many mining lasers and as many mining laser upgrades as you can squeeze on it, make sure you have enough cargo hold for at least one full cycle, and then whatever is left fill with tank.

The Vindi has less cargo space than the Gnosis but can mine more, hmm… And I can save money by just using my Vindi anyway. I might go with that.

Thank you!

If you are tight on cargo space and will be jetcan mining, stagger your laser cycles so you can empty your cargo hold onto the can in between cycle completions and not have any lasers deactivating due to a full hold.

I’m not going to be jetcan mining - I was originally planning on that with an alt, but both of my accounts are alpha clones and can’t log in at the same time unfortunately.

Should I still use the Vindicator then?

Sure, where and when do you plan on mining, asking for a friend.

1 Like

I don’t think I want to mine in my Vindi now because of you, thanks.

Any suggestions on a Venture fit anyone?

wrong,better use rokh…

Why a Rokh? Any suggestions on a fit for it?

8 turret slots and a lot of CPU - it’s easy to fit.

Rokh and jetcan (or friend) is your best bet.

Also, consider gas in wh’s and lowsec. isk is better than ore mining and you can use venture just fine.

Battleship mining will give you more mining yield than a Venture, but that’s it.

For this higher yield, you have the following downsides:

• You’re flying a slow battleship instead of quick agile frigate
  • You’re risking the value of a battleship instead of an incredibly cheap frigate
  • You need to pay attention to your cargo hold all the time, unlike the Venture with a large ore bay
  • You’re wasting time swapping to your hauler every once in a while to grab the jet-can mined ore
  • You’re risking getting your ore stolen by anyone nearby who notices you’re jet-can mining
  • You don’t have +2 warp core strength
  • You need a lot more skills

Just grab a Venture and you’ll be much happier.

For a Venture fit, try this (maybe some stuff is Omega-only, not sure):

[Venture, Venture Alpha]

Mining Laser Upgrade II

Medium F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
Adaptive Invulnerability Shield Hardener II
1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner

Miner II
Miner II
[Empty High slot]

Small Core Defense Field Extender I

Hobgoblin II x2

I believe these are omega only.

WH = Wormhole? I’ve never done anything wormhole-related so I wouldn’t know where to start, same with gas mining. I’m also scared of lowsec lol, last time I went there I got shot at by a ganker.

Ships are ammo. Learn to lose and replace them.

You won’t accomplish anything by siting under rock in hisec, all the time.

1 Like

and what about read about wormholes, watch videos, google “eve wormhole mining gas”, join a corp, ask, improve, and start playing?
because if you play eve just to mine with a venture in hi-sec…
HTFU

OK i will help you: https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Gas_cloud_harvesting

enjoy