Best ship-fits for beginners? (I vote for speed)

Wrong answer. Want to try again?

I bet you think that’s wrong, but it’s not. If you think that they both fall into the same tick then you will be sorely mistaken.

Why do you think so?

Have you ever heard of the bus leaving the station analogy? When a server receives a frame will matter when it processes the call.

If the 3.8 reaches the bus station before the next server tick, but the 3.2 misses it, then the 3.2 will go last.

And this, my friends, is why you should not take advice or information from @Alistair_Atreides.

He doesn’t know what he is talking about.
Is often wrong on many things.
Disregards reality (like the existence of gates between Piek and Jita)
And will go off on an unrelated tangent based on how he thinks the game works, rather than how it actually works.

Oh, and he’ll refuse to show you any actual evidence or proof, instead repeatedly point to wrong information as if it helps his case (which it usually doesn’t).

1 Like

Except I’m right.

Your whole PREMISE is that server ticks matter and the 3.2 and 3.8 both fall into the SAME tick.

But they don’t.

You just needle at stupid crap that you THINK You understand to try and derail a thread.

AU/s saves as much as 100seconds for a new player.

You’re arguing over what ■■■■■■■ TICK a ■■■■■■■ alignment falls into.

moron

Further more do you know for a FACT that the code is an integer and not a floating point value? Because clearly they designed it to be a floating point.

Which means if the 3.8s alignment is registered early enough it will fall into the 4th tick.

And if the 3.2 is registered late enough, it will fall into the 5th tick.

If for beginners who’ve only just finished the SOE arc, I would still recommend tank and dps over warp speed because it is likely the combat mission will take longer than the travel (depending, of course, on the exact mission). For Amarr and Gallente I would also recommend drone skills as an early priority.

For a distribution mission, sure go with warp speed.

1 Like

Isn’t this the guy who claims to make like 5 bil a day then in a later thread got all out of shape when fallen for a margin trading scam for 1.7 bil or something like that? Do I recall correctly? :thinking:

You should be kicked from the forums for posting this shyte. With idiots like you giving “advice” EvE will indeed die. There are numerous corps who adopt new players and have them join large battles from the get go. FFS, just piss off already.

Fit for puspose I think. Time saving is good, but if you will sacrifice dps for it, time spent in the mission can be more than you earn fitting for au and leaving dps mediocre.

At this point I’m not even sure if he is just this incompetent or if he deliberately tries to give bad advice.

3 Likes

They do. It’s specifically written by CCP : you START the alignement at the beginning of a tick, and you can warp only at the end of a tick. Wich means that you actually need to be a very bit lower than x seconds to warp in x ticks (something like 5ms less, that is the overhead of a tick).

That’s why you ALWAYS align in integer seconds from gate-invul. That’s also why

is only possible if the 3.2 has so much ping that the server receives his alignment one tick after it received the 3.8 alignment order.

Actually they need max DPS+projection. With enough projection + (applied) DPS, you don’t even need to tank. Then you can fit for speed.

my cynabals(one per alt) for the epic soe are hyperspatial fit.
My mach for L4 however are not hyper fit, besides the ones for scarlet. My barghest for zazzamataz(like 3 per alt) are hyper fit.

That’s not how it works.
You need to remove 4 AU per gate jump, and add the accel+decel time, plus the gate time(10s), plus the align time.

• accel+decel time is LN(149597870700) * 4/WS (assuming your subwarp spseed is enough). you can mix it with the cruise time to get warptime= (dist-4)/WS + ± 25.73*4/WS = (dist ± 98.9) / WS (only up to 6 AU/S and above 4 AU jumps)
  • align time is fixed (let’s say A= 4s)
  • gate time is 10s
  • average distance per gate couple is 30AU (actually depends on the region).

That means average time, with N gates, is
t = ( 30×N + 98.9×(N+1) )/WS + 10×N+ A×(N+1) (there are +1 because the number of WARPS is the number of gates +1)
t = (128.9×N + 98.9 ) / WS + 14×N+4

• WS = 4 : t = 46.2×N+28.72
  • WS = 5 : t = 39.8×N+23.8
  • WS = 6 : t = 35.5*N+20.5

(the + constant is because I assume than even a single 0-system warp requires a 30 AU warp - but no gate jump. In reality you don’t care and just look at the value of a 30AU warp + gate jump)

This means, for a 2 times 2 j trip (going one way 2jumps, and going back 2 jumps) : from 4 to 5 AU you gain 2×18 = 36 s(that’s one hyper T2), and from 5 to 6 AU you gain 2×12 = 24 s (that’s one hyper T1)

I just dont think that they will need such a tight fit on tank or dps. I do agree they will spend time in missions but I think just a drone boat will make them OP even with entry level drones?

If they kite fit with drones the they can do all their mission running while fit for speed

To me
that’s invaluable.

But in a 10mil vexor hull with some drone damage in lows and a 100km distance fit you can shred lowsec belts with no tank.

So almost ALL your time is spent in warp.

I think the sooner the entry level player realizes how much time they are wasting in warp. And yes in alignment too.

I think if They are encouraged to minimize this over everything else then they will have a much more fun early experience.

Warp is boring.

It’s also irrelevant. Whether you save 1s or not because you dropped your alignment from 9.8 to 8.1 doesnt matter in the massive amount of time that CAN be saved in shortening warp times.

An entry level fit can maybe increase dps by 1-10 if entirely fitted for dps. Unless they use drones. In which case you need so few modules in a distance fit. So if needing any dps at all, should probably train a Tristan to algos to vexor.

And make every one of them a distance tank.

Ohoh, someone made a big booboo!

Did you know that those “hops” are jumps in lightyears of distance between solar systems?

Did you even know that solar systems are not directly “next” to each other in space?

Here is something you may like, since you like math, you are just not any good at it:

1 lightyear = 63239,73AU.

You are some 180.000AU off in your math - lol

If you are just talking about running low level missions then yes speed tank is a nice way to go. Dont even need rigs, just a frigate with the correct weapons, afterburners, and a reper just in case.

But your OP says nothing of missions just a blank statement about fitting for speed. So as usual you created a thread for no other reason then to troll the responses.

How does this help new players?

1 Like