Better Home Button

(Kettrina Malice) #1

For those of us that don’t want to use the little “select this, select this sub-forum, select this” to navigate to our destination. By chance (because I work QA) I clicked the EVE Online top left and found the home button. Many won’t be as curious and click happy as I am and may never find the button. Would be better to have a labeled button.

(Drizzd) #2

Just by hovering over the headline I discovered, that indeed the home-button is always visible … its either EVE-Online … OR the NEOCOM-E … infront of thread-tile and category -home …
Could use a bit more space to make it visually clear that it has a meaning

(Morrigan Laima) #3

Ohh, you’ll probably love what happens when you press the ? key :grinning:

Also, there’s a menu in the top right that will probably make your life better:

(Drizzd) #4

this “option” menu is a big part of my complaints … hide half of the page’s navigation behind a button triggered frame … is not really nice design

(Lienhart Cousland) #5

Most mobile phone menus are hidden like that. Its a minor annoyance on the desktop, unfortunately the best way to get familiar with a new toy is to screw around with it.

(Nora Maldoran) #6

I thought the fact that logos are used for the “home”-url is commonly known in 2017.

(SIEGE RED) #7

Nope. You’d be surprised how uncommon certain elements are. Keep in mind the absolute majority of user types are neither technical nor in tune with what’s current or not. Always a big stumbling block for usability & design, but an important one. Also, redundancy is in visually directed behaviour always key.

(Nora Maldoran) #8

After thinking about it… guess you are right.
If I remember parts of my family most wouldn’t have even tried to click there. :worried:

(ISD Stall) #9

It is becoming more and more common with bootstrap. The far left is a button to go to the index page. Buttons on the right have other functions.