BLACK BOX DATA: FEDEF Blooded Fury

I don’t freebase lines, Diana. That kind of drug abuse is bad, and I’m shocked you’d suggest it!

4 Likes

Potentially, but I believe my conclusion to be the most likely with the scant evidence we have. I would reevaluate with more information, of course.

What is clear to me is that the weapon we hear is certainly not one that uses a chemical propellant and I was shocked that Miss Kim thought it was. I think this would be a straightforward task for a soldier to identify weapon type based on sound. Or perhaps she has limited exposure to infantry weapons. When I read “cheap minmatar [sic] chemical propelled automated gun” my face did the strangest look of confusion. Like when a hound is shown sleight of hand.

2 Likes

Arrendiot.

Also logically, should anyone wish to do so they can jump clone into racial profile meat suit. As for railguns they don’t even have to be mass produced.

My crews are outfitted with weapons from my labs using tech III polymers for improved performance for instance. This is a relatively trivial task for any competent capsuleer industrialist.

1 Like

Technically, you are right. They don’t even have to sneak into Caldari city, especially into sealed quaranteened zone. They could have staged it right in the Villore - where the pilot was flying from, if I am not mistaken.

I was referring more to any troubles were corrected when they looked at my records and saw I was enlisted with the StaPro. The only other time I went planet side in caldari territory was a little more interesting but aside from eyes on me constantly no real issues.

1 Like

Point taken but “Capsuleer industrialist” is an identifier that probably applies to fewer than one in one hundred million people in the Cluster whereas Kaalakiota and Ishukone manufacture weapons to supply markets of at minimum hundreds of billions of end users.

I won’t hazard a guess as to how many “competent” Capsuleer industrialists there are.

1 Like

Two. There are two.

2 Likes

I don’t know about eyes, but I was referring more to the amount of checkpoints, papers, oh… and of course getting temporary ID, since I don’t think you are listed as Caldari citizen… and some areas that are closed for capsuleers, as areas closed for foreigner visits, and the list of rules, including one that if you reveal your identity as a capsuleer, you can be shot on contact…

But you are right, that’s not real issues, just formalities. To make sure people behave like civilized persons, not gallenteans, who could be just showing off skin and doing other unacceptable on public perversions.

1 Like

And I certainly don’t claim to be one of them :slight_smile:

My point is that these individuals were prepared to take over a capsuleer piloted ship extremely efficiently, potentially with the pilot in question waking up from a backup with no idea where the last period of time went.

They could easily be using custom weapons, hence the difficulty in pinning down the weapon type. In any case, the weapons used certainly don’t give any indications as to those involved (as some capsuleers may try to claim)

2 Likes

We do not know that the people in the recording are the same as the ones that destroyed the Blood Fury. And while I agree that the weapon type is not itself a strong indicator of user identity the things we know (or think we probably know) is painting a plausible picture of what may have happened (assuming it is not a hoax). Something like this:

Caldari military personnel massacred civilians infected by or exposed to Kyonoke and evidence of this was about to fall into the hands of FEDEF, to prevent public exposure Caldari disabled the ship in an attempt to somehow prevent FEDEF from taking possession of the evidence.

The only thing about that narrative that concerns me is that I don’t think it would be worth the effort to suppress that the Caldari did exactly what they said they wanted to do to contain the outbreak.

2 Likes

But what about the things we don’t know we don’t know?

2 Likes

I don’t know.

3 Likes

Yeah. Also there’s that “throw Grandpa out into the snow” cultural trait.

Trying to stop a plague’s spread by purging it with fire doesn’t even seem like it should be something Caldari authorities would consider embarrassing, unless they’re worried about how it’d be received internationally.

Then again, there were some protests at the time.

1 Like

To be honest it all seems too neat to me. If I were involved in taking down that ship the black box would never have transmitted at all.

More concerning is why was the pilot carrying Kyonoke cure? That implies risk of infection, so the ship carried those infected or exposed to those infected. Who else was on board? Are they now a risk to the cluster?

1 Like

That’s deep.

1 Like

Well, then we at least know Caldari Customs wasn’t involved, right?

1 Like

I’m certainly not convinced the Caldari were involved in this. They wouldn’t have left dog tags behind for a start.

1 Like

Part of me is pretty sure nobody was involved in this and it didn’t happen.

2 Likes

Can confirm, GIA totally didn’t stage all this as a way to rile up “Teh Pubbies”.

1 Like