Boost capitals and supers even more

Yup its ridiculous how much logisics is in cap building rite now. I just finished a zirnitra and that took 3mts for me to build solo. And god knows how many jf’s of bloody wh gas to do it. Was looking at building a faction super next. But looked at the build list and said nope. No way

Its not healthy to argue with brewlar over botting.

The power creep of other MMOs is necessary to deal with the fact that there is no loss in those MMOs. It’s a necessary evil, which continuously invalidates all current equipment of players, in order to demand more play time from those players who wish to keep up with the rest.

In EVE this is not the case. A cruiser of 10 years ago in your hangar is still the same useful cruiser as it is now (apart from nerfs and buffs). And the nature of PvP as main content driver rather than PvE means people can keep eachother busy, rather than depend on the developer to churn out new PvE content with powercreep equipment that invalidates the old equipment.

EVE is circular. Anything you gain you can lose too. As such, there is absolutely no reason to introduce powercreep that invalidates people’s stuff.

That said, I don’t mind if CCP would add for example T2 capital ships, as long as these ships are balanced in such a way that they’re both fun to play, fun to play against and do not invalidate the existing ships.

SO I mean like how cheap do you want supers and Titans? Pick a figure please in $'s so we can see how you picture the eve economy.

BTW, I’m using US dollar not as an analogy to RMT but as a currency most people are familiar to in terms of time & effort for a given labour. A labour of love or employment still having quantifiable value, so please don’t pearl clutch.

Is $770 is too cheap for a Titan? because that is what they are worth on an open market this weekend. Hel’s are trading at $170.

Are you seriously suggesting we should go down to $40 motherships again? I mean what do you want sub caps to be $0.01? At what point do you just move your alliance to SISI & have fleets there?

I would like supers and titans to be back to the prices they were before the latest round of industry changes - 10-15 bil for a fitted super, 80-100 bil for a fitted titan. I’m not using real world money figures for the prices because that’s not how we price items in EVE.

2 Likes

Also lowering the prices would at least help people who want to branch into null or even just cause trouble to FEEL like they can compete. Sure they would never be able to blob, but they could at least raid and make dents.

I’d say this game is the most fair of almost any mmo where power creep is concerned. A ship flying fast enough can destroy something many times it’s value and firepower just by flying fast enough. A gang of complete trash can wipe a bling fleet and i personally think there is too much focus on cheap yeet fleets. One of the problems with eve i bekieve, is that low to mid range tech fleets of trash are too common. It takes a lot of time and isk/money to skill into flying good stuff, only for it to take a back seat to a fleet of nano trash being preferable. It’s almost reverse power creep and technically time wasted.

People dont invest time to use the crappest items. My personal problem with eve has been that i have skilled into so much good stuff and in corps, kind of forced to fly shtfits or simply not take part. That’s no fun. I’ve recently joined a decent corp/alliance that appreciates what i can bring to the table though.

That’s my personal take from my experience anyway, dealing with a lot of new players while being new to eve myself pretty much.

I agree with you i do some ess roams and if we take out a 15 man gnosis fleet we will harldy get a fight. We went over 6 hrs 1 night robbing ess banks and never got 1 fight. Because like u say those with the big ships are not keen jumping them in for the fight. The odd time we get a fight its usually a few brave marauder pilots that jump in and we get a fight. (Fair play to them thanks :-)) but ships like dreds and supers especially are to expensive. A super against a well organised bomber fleet is dead in minutes. The super pilot has no reply at all.

Hell i was on a transit to our staging system 1 night and a group of us totaly wrecked a few carriers a dread and a fax they barely killed any of us. We were in frigates and desis i was in a t1 talwar!
If supers and other big ships are that expensive then give them some power. Or make them cheaper.
Because i see no reason in this game to have a cap.
My carrier barley sees the light of day because it has were little use. Titans are glorified bridges now a days

When I joined the Navy I don’t remember supplying my own frigate, how about null blobs provide Titans to their line members?

I’d like to remind everyone that there are more Titan hulls on TQ than attack frigate hulls, yeah let that set into you for a bit.

I repeat Titans are still the cheapest ships in the game.

1 man can not spontaneously kill a 20 man organised fleet with comms & a specific objective? My god the imbalance & if Brisc had his way you would have all died for the meer one time purchase of $39.99 or less.

Do you mean assault frigates?

Also where do you get those titan numbers and assault frigate numbers from to make such a claim? Because I find it hard to believe.

2 Likes

I got the figures from CCP they made a graph a few years ago.

Do you have a link to that graph?

I would like to see it for myself, because my initial thought is you may have misinterpreted it, as it is quite unbelievable that there are more titan hulls than assault frigate hulls.

1 Like

It was a fan fest slide it’ll be in a video somewhere but sorry no timestamp, attack frigates are not assault frigates it was interpritated for us by CCP talking about Titan proliferation.

Okay. What are attack frigates then? I never heard that name. Is this a name for the combat-oriented T1 frigate?

Could you give me a hull example of such an attack frigate?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.