Bought EVE For Citadels, But They Are UGLY!

I agree with you! It’s one time work and even when just occasionally someone buys a piece, it’s pretty much free coffee! : D

I’m not sure the tide pods suggestion might not get you into trouble, because the person you’re talking to is apparently of questionable intelligence, EXACTLY like those people who actually ate one. OP potentially googling it and finding out that tons of people actually did it might make him do it as well.

1 Like

Frankly I love the art of EVE, the only thing I do not like visual wise are the SKINS. They are so underwhelming.

In any case if you just subscribed you can always ask for a refund.

If you were, you would understand that different people view the same piece in different ways; what you find to be aesthetically pleasing may be repulsive to others.

Wind your neck in.

4 Likes

I get where you are coming from, honestly. I bought Battlefield 5 for the bridge architecture but 1940’s bridges don’t really seem do it for me.

8 Likes

Thanks for the donation. Bye!

2 Likes

Whoa $5 is cheap coffee??? I make my own cause I find $2 unreasonable lol

100% sure this is satire

lawled

#nopoors #premiumcoffeeonly :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Grrr gons

EVE has had a long history of … cosmetic challenges, when it first came out; ugly character creation, ugly ships, ugly scenery. It’s gotten better over the years but its a game that hit every ugly branch when it fell out of the ugly tree years ago.

only tree years ago? oi thought it woz older tbh.

Fools and their money.

In all seriousness draw up some rough sketches of what you’d want citadels to look like.

There is only one ugly thing in EVE Online, and that is the Imicus. That thing is so ugly it has negative aesthetic value; it looks like someone sneezed in space, and it congealed to form a ship. Even the old Moa “turkey with a briefcase” design was far above the looks of the Imicus.

1 Like

What the ■■■■ are you talking about???

Exhibit A: Backdoor Bandit

Marvellous!

The old characters were superior in every way but one: the colours weren’t as realistically looking. For everything else it was superior.

Exhibit B: Megathron.

Classic EVE used gouraud shading mixed with textures for ships, which gave everything a way more rounded, non-perfectly-flat and actually realistic look. Not in terms of colours, sure, but in terms of surfaces! Properly designed gouraud shaded graphics looked far more realistic when it comes to physical objects.

The only thing it didn’t have was the proper colours making them look more realistic in terms of lighting, and that “realistic” we have today makes ships’ surfaces look bland and flat in comparison.

Pffffff everyone’s a critic nowadays…

1 Like

For me EVE in general is becoming ugly. After a long break I undocked and saw all kinds of lights around a station. Parking lot in space.
Then I saw gates had signs on them.
Now in station it looks like a parking lot too.
My space car is somehow still without directional lights. Next expansion maybe?

1 Like

Why would she do CCPs job, when “developers” from island would earn their paychecks ?

Because the OP was all like (emphasis mine):

So if qualified to provide input into the hiring process for artists at the very least one would expect to be able to see the awesomeness that they’re capable of, no?

PS CCP is from Iceland, though it is an island too I guess, in future when trying to insult someone, try and put in some effort, mmmkay.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

Just saying something is bad is poor feedback.

Saying either why something is bad and/or what could be done better is far better feedback.

If the op thinks they’re a decent artist (apparently better than all of CCP’s), they can throw together a rough sketch to show ccp what they had in mind when it comes to citadels.

Hell, even Naari_Naarian makes suggestions.

2 Likes